Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
Magneto has always been a passionate man, always wanted to justify his actions. He never had any problems to appear threatening and in HoX, he is… but in a passive way. I don't know… I don't see him following a script… and certainly not someone else's script.
I don't know if I'd say him telling a bunch of government representatives from the most influential nations of the world that they have new gods now is exactly a passive action. It's a very clear statement that things have changed, and they better get on board.

Was it Xavier's idea to deliver that news that way? Or did Magneto go "off-script"? I don't think we can say for sure.

The way that scene played out to me was that Xavier normally would have been the one to meet with them, but they detected or expected treachery, and so Magneto took his place. He and the Cuckoos confirmed what they feared, and Magneto easily dispatched the one who was there to kill Xavier.....he has been trained to resist psychic probing and was armed....and then he delivered the threat.

I found the whole scene to be spot on with what I'd expect from Magneto. The other scenes that feature him as well.

Is it odd for Magneto to be working with Xavier? Perhaps. But it's not like that hasn't been the case before. And this time, we at least have the Moira X stuff as motivation for him.