Page 211 of 434 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261311 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 6499
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Mind officially blown.
    Now that is brilliant! I am so excited to read this issue on Wednesday. Very creative story,
    Hickman. Kudos.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Even more so because at that point in time, 811 wasn't an alternate future, it was still the future. It got changed a bit by avoiding Kelly's assassination, but Rachel was still destined to be born and eventually go back in time. So at that point, to Jean, her future did look locked. In contrast to Cyclops, who was immediately accepting because he never had a family of his own, so he pretty much took every opportunity to expand his.

Plus, yeah, I think that is so funny, Cable saved himself without even knowing it was him.
    I don't think that's exactly true, even in that story arc in the annuals they refer to the fact that Christopher never existed, and Cyclops had never married Madelyne in Rachel's time. That was during Mark Gruenwald's run as Marvel's Executive Editor/keeper of continuity, and he treated all time travel as going to alternate timelines. By interacting with the past and future it would immediately change things, and there were many, many things making it clear Rachel's exact future was never coming to pass.
    You're absolutely right about the fatalistic "some form of this will happen," way the story was told, but we never knew how much of it was destined to come out the same in those stories.

Please no spoilers posted until Wednesday 9am EST. If you want a link ask for it via pm. It's been a long time since this many posters have been excited about an X-Book so overwhelmingly, please respect that. Thank you!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    I don't think that's exactly true, even in that story arc in the annuals they refer to the fact that Christopher never existed, and Cyclops had never married Madelyne in Rachel's time. That was during Mark Gruenwald's run as Marvel's Executive Editor/keeper of continuity, and he treated all time travel as going to alternate timelines. By interacting with the past and future it would immediately change things, and there were many, many things making it clear Rachel's exact future was never coming to pass.
    You're absolutely right about the fatalistic "some form of this will happen," way the story was told, but we never knew how much of it was destined to come out the same in those stories.
    Rachel, Ahab and Franklin were all from that original future because they were sent back before the rewrites (with Ahab specifically being sent back to prevent the timeline from being changed) - so even if their chronologies changed, their memories didn't because they didn't live through the new chronologies they created. Now, you're correct in that Gruenwald treated it all futures as alternate but Claremont still treated the 811/811-rewrites as the future to his stories even if the Fantastic Four stories next door showed an entirely different future. So, they were both. I'm only saying this because I believe Days of Future Present specifically refers to how Rachel's actions in Days of Future Past rewrote the Sentinel future but not enough to cause it to be averted. So, it was treated as an alternate future that was a possibility enough that changes in the present rewrote what it was. That didn't stick around long enough because in Excalibur, we deal with the 811 as a true alternate.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Wow, spoilers don't even wait for tuesday anymore.
    It does sound amazing. Hickman has done a tremendous work wit Xavier and Moira on just two issues. I hope he pays attention to Jean, Cyclops, Storm or Cable.

Fantastic Member victor borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Why wouldn’t Scott just get a transplant from eye boy?
    Why haven't one of the healers helped him out with that?

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I like how a mere few weeks ago, the entire board was reeling back, hissing but unable to remove our eyes on Rosenberg's horrible run as if we were vampires and Nightcrawler had a set of rosary beads. Now, we willingly don't want to remove our eyes from this.
    Well I am the proof that this wasn’t universally true. I left reading that run until the last minute only because I didn’t want to be spoiled on the run listening to more up to date podcasts. I only read it last week with a profound sense of relief that it was finite and mostly meaningless.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

It's gonna be a long 24 hours.

BANNED

Who's got the spoiers? PM please.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Who's got the spoiers? PM please.
    Just look on X-men reddit

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Wow, spoilers don't even wait for tuesday anymore.
    It does sound amazing. Hickman has done a tremendous work wit Xavier and Moira on just two issues. I hope he pays attention to Jean, Cyclops, Storm or Cable.
    I don't really expect the other X-Men to take center stage until the last 3-4 issues honestly.

Damn Part 3 of 12 comes out tomorrow lol each issue has been so dense it's hard to believe that we still have another 9 issues left of this miniseries. This is like night and day compared to Disassembled.

I'm terrified of reading spoilers because I want to experience everything in context, while others are actively seeking them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    I'm terrified of reading spoilers because I want to experience everything in context, while others are actively seeking them. I do not understand people at all.
    I am the same. Will live under a rock till I read the book to avoid spoilers.

Oooh I just read the spoilers. My mind is blown.

Astonishing Member

Broke and read the spoilers but I need to have the issue in my hands to fully digest it lol