Page 280 of 434 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284290330380 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by jamesslow View Post
    I like very much the idea that ultra-progressive and spacefaring Wakanda would be one of the first to welcome the mutant nation.

Given the mutual interests and mutant connection of Krakoa and Atlantis, an alliance may also be expected (not to mention that Chip Zdarsky's doing a kickass job writing Namor in The Invaders, and he's pretty close with Hickman).

Latveria too, if Doom and Xavneto could see eye-to-eye... the potential is mindblowing!

I haven't read Marvel comics in ages -- what's happening with other non-human communities like the Inhumans and the Eternals?
    The problem is that Namor probably wants to tear Xavier's head off for what he did.

The Inhumans are isolated on the Moon recovering from their casualties in Death of the Inhumans.

All Eternals committed suicide in Aaron's Avengers.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The problem is that Namor probably wants to tear Xavier's head off for what he did.

The Inhumans are isolated on the Moon recovering from their casualties in Death of the Inhumans.

All Eternals committed suicide in Aaron's Avengers.
    Damn -- that escalated quickly!

I should read more comics...

Damn -- that escalated quickly!

I should read more comics...
    I think you walked away with the wrong lesson.

I would not recommend Death of the Inhumans even to my worst enemy.

Even if you hate them they didn't deserve that comic.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Yeah. Death of the Inhumans was mean spirited. I didn't think Cates had it in him.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    I think you walked away with the wrong lesson.

LMAO.
    "Cable was right!"

Spectacular Member

Oh dear!!

Ok, abrupt change in topic -- I'm old enough to actually have bought with my own savings a copy of Uncanny #150 which looks to be around the time when Moira and Charles went to Island M in the Bermuda Triangle as depicted in POX#2:

Capture4.jpg

Sooo... would Hickman have us believe that Moira showed Charles her past 9 lives the year they met (around 1963 in our time), then they showed Magneto what would happen if they did not work together (in apparently our 1981) and the two Alpha & Omega Mutants acted as if they knew nothing, and waged deadly war on each other, all the way until the establishment of the House of X (in our 2019)?

We know they had a schism, people theorize that when Moira tried to genetically alter Magneto in the 90s so that he was less aggressive. Between 1981 and the schism I also don't remember Magneto being excessively evil.

Spectacular Member

I hear you, and the timeline diagram did mention the schism, but it all looks like a very bad retcon fit if the Life X we're reading now is supposed to be our 616...

Spectacular Member

And to even more abruptly change topic, I don't agree with critics who have said the HOX/POX artists are aping Immonen, but this does seem to be a trend* with Fornes doing Mazzucchelli and (this surprised me) McNiven mimicking Windsor Smith -- if we're gonna go down the whole nostalgia road, can someone please bring back the glorious look of Byrne and Austin? LOL

*I don't mean this is new, or wrong -- Jim Lee famously did Deathblow in the FM Sin City style, and even Berni Wrightson homaged Franklin Booth in his classic Frankenstein adaptation...

And to even more abruptly change topic, I don't agree with critics who have said the HOX/POX artists are aping Immonen, but this does seem to be a trend* with Fornes doing Mazzucchelli and (this surprised me) McNiven mimicking Windsor Smith -- if we're gonna go down the whole nostalgia road, can someone please bring back the glorious look of Byrne and Austin? LOL

*I don't mean this is new, or wrong -- Jim Lee famously did Deathblow in the FM Sin City style, and even Berni Wrightson homaged Franklin Booth in his classic Frankenstein adaptation...
    I’ve never been into pastiche-ing someone else’s art style..it’s like actively choosing a pale imitation of the original and for what? Silva and Larraz are doing great work it’s too bad people are hopping on their moment like that

Speaking of which, has the case against Hickman’s spin on reincarnation gone anywhere? Haven’t heard much of anything in the last month

#2 didn't pop my Krakoa pod as hard as they promised it would, so #5 better blow my back out.

https://twitter.com/kibblesmith/stat...74861721124864
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    #2 didn't pop my Krakoa pod as hard as they promised it would, so #5 better blow my back out.

https://twitter.com/kibblesmith/stat...74861721124864
    Agreed. If it's abour Moira again, I'll be indifferent. If it includes our bigger characters, then cool. Lol

Now I want a RISK Marvel version

Krakoa, Genosha, Wakanda, Atlantis, Latveria, Sokovia, Slorenia, Savage Land, Madripoor, Bagalia

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

None of the famous ones who died, right? I know Pockjaw fitted but then did not die after all.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    None of the famous ones who died, right? I know Pockjaw fitted but then did not die after all.
    Just Maximus and Triton