Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
It's all subjective. Hickman fans pretending they have moral superiority based on popularity just doesn't jive with me.
Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
Just because your opinion is popular does not make it correct by default. Especially when it means ignoring glaring problems in the work.
True, but it does not make it wrong either, its an opinion. However, the majority of sweeping statements, in my opinion seem to be coming more from the detractors then boosters. Like above, The only "moral superiority" arguments I've seen are coming from those claiming that the X-Men have all become violent, extremest, cultists blindly following a wildly out of character Xavier who has abandoned his dream. Also sweeping statements like there being "glaring problems", in order for it to be a glaring problem then it would need to be obtrusively and often painfully obvious to everyone, and most posters do not seem to share that view.

My own problem with these kind of sweeping statements is simple, what exactly is it based on? HoX/PoX is not the full story, hell its not even Act 1 of a story. Its like the prologue in a book or the opening scroll of a Star Wars film. Its the setup for a story and personally a hell of a lot better than the wild changes of direction we've been getting before now. (Suddenly the X-Men are based in Limbo... now in central park... now everyone is dying off panel and every government is suddenly cooperating in a "mutant vaccine"... Why? Because reasons.)

Outside of Xavier, Moira (both of whom haven't been all that active recently) and Magneto nobody has had enough panel time to make any real judgments on characterization. We've been given snippets, hints and previews but that's all. Also the consensus seems to be that while the rest of the X-Men may be acting oddly, so far they are not wildly out of character.

Lastly it may well be that dire predictions and pessimistic predictions will prove true. Right now there simply isn't enough there to support that pessimistic of a view.