Page 267 of 434 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271277317367 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,005 of 6499
    Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I like the internal art for Emma, it makes her look like she is in her mid to late 20's and she has that flirty but aloof look about her that you expect from Emma. I like that appearance that she is secretly amused by the people who are talking to her angrily. Some of the covers have been over sexualizing her, but some are just making her look like a normal person dressed in a fashionable but sexy business suit.

I can't stand that cover that makes her look like Eve while the Genoshan children die around her. What a horrible cover. That was the most tragic moment of Emma's life and if they were going to show anything they should have shown her trying to shield the children with her own body but failing because the explosion and fires are too intense. Making her look sexy and eating an apple while a bunch of children die around her is stupid. I remember in New X-Men when Jean and the others found Emma and how devastated she was by what happened and how intensely grief stricken she was when she couldn't save the children in her classroom.
    Source for this cover? Dont recall.

BANNED

I mean, it's a variant cover. It's provocative and well-drawn, it's not meant to be a deep moral statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Unfortunately that's been his status quo since Phoenix Resurrection. I don't expect him to be on the flagship very long.
    He said he was doing 6 issues

I wonder where Darwin is in alll of this isn't he still an immortal Death God?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Maybe they have to abandon earth.
    We do know that, at least in Marauders (maybe Fallen Angels too?), they will have to fight Orchis-like enemies and rescue mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I wonder where Darwin is in alll of this isn't he still an immortal Death God?
    Probably busy being an immortal Death God.

BANNED

Is it me or did PAD leave virtually every character in his book in some insane boondoggle? I usually like his work and I'm all for evolving characters beyond stasis but damn, I have no idea what he did to Darwin and AFAIC 90% of what he did to Rahne was a hack job.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Monet got out fine, but she was also shackled with Guido drama.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Nothing's wrong with that. Marvel and DC writers have to learn to adapt and not expect their character(s) to be clean slates.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

I don't mean complexity. I mind crazy **** that doesn't make sense. Is Guido alive, dead, a demon? I have no idea what happened there. Is Rahne still a homophobic bigot with an antichrist wolf baby or whatever? What the hell is Darwin?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I don't mean complexity. I mind crazy **** that doesn't make sense. Is Guido alive, dead, a demon? I have no idea what happened there. Is Rahne still a homophobic bigot with an antichrist wolf baby or whatever? What the hell is Darwin?
    Just blame it on a villain we haven't seen in a while.

Fitzroy made Rahne a homophobe. Pay me, Marvel.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

PAD left Guido a Hell God, but he was eventually revived & had some cameos until Rosenberg killed him off again.

Rahne's son is still canon, but he's dead due to Guido murdering him to revive Monet.

Not sure about Darwin, as I don't care enough about him to keep up. Last I remember was him screwing Monet in a one-night stand, and saying he was happy to be there even if she didn't love him or wanna be with him.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-23-2019 at 01:20 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

At this point...I'm quite happy and willing to follow HiX-man's idea.
    If it occurred in the last ten-fifteen years, (right up to and including UXM 2019) I consider it "lost" and best ignored and forgotten.

I mean, it's a variant cover. It's provocative and well-drawn, it's not meant to be a deep moral statement.
    I'm completely out of the loop here, which cover it's you guys are mentioning?
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Just blame it on a villain we haven't seen in a while.

Fitzroy made Rahne a homophobe. Pay me, Marvel.
    Wasn't her homophobia attributed to her being raised in a hyper religious environment?

Rahne's homophobic? Is that about Rictor. I didnt read X-Factor but if she had negative feelings about him coming out, I think its understandable considering she had a thing for him as a kid which they rekindled as adults. She feeling stupid, betrayed and initially not responding well makes sense. Is it wrong to say her feelings were specific to her own personal situation and not representative of how she feels about gay people as a whole? With that said I could be completely off base and she never resolved that and ended the series hating gay people which I dont think is the case bc she and Karma get along fine