Page 52 of 434 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That (ret-conning) could apply to any X-character...at anytime, and not just Polaris.
    There's always the possibility of having some things being retconned by any writer coming on board for a re-launch. That's practically a given. And unfortunately, That's the inherent nature of this beloved hobby of ours.
    I've learned to just roll with it and hope for the best.
    And, if it comes to the worst...we still have our Claremont run to turn to for solace.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That (ret-conning) could apply to any X-character...at anytime, and not just Polaris.
    There's always the possibility of having some things being retconned by any writer coming on board for a re-launch. That's practically a given. And unfortunately, That's the inherent nature of this beloved hobby of ours.
    I've learned to just roll with it and hope for the best.
    And, if it comes to the worst...we still have our Claremont run to turn to for solace.
    You're talking possible. I'm talking likely.

It may be possible for Marvel to retcon Magneto surviving the Holocaust, or Wolverine having been part of Weapon X, or Jean taking on the Phoenix Force, but chances are slim to nil. Marvel has used and acknowledged those things about their history enough that they would shy away from pulling it. That's far different from Lorna, whose surviving Genosha has been ignored by Marvel for about 15 years now, on top of the fact they ignore her worth in general.

You can't generalize because conditions vary. A car is more likely to hit someone's house on a road where drivers regularly hit mailboxes and lawn gnomes than on a road out in the middle of nowhere.

As for Claremont, he's actually part of the problem. He may have done well for other characters. Not for her. And that persists in people at Marvel pretending she's as worthless as the way he wrote her.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Oh...Okies...I fully understand now.
    Absolutely nothing else matters if they don't treat Polaris with the respect you believe she deserves.
    I honestly thought we were discussing concerns about the X-Men as a whole...I see now that I was wrong.
    And I apologise for taking up time and space.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-27-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Oh...Okies...I fully understand now.
    Absolutely nothing else matters if they don't treat Polaris with the respect you believe she deserves.
    I honestly thought we were discussing concerns about the X-Men as a whole...I see now that I was wrong.
    And I apologise for taking up time and space.
    Your first reply was in response to a post focused on what to expect from Marvel with Lorna, and the second specifically cited her. The context of both cases led me to believe you were talking about Lorna's situation specifically, not X-Men as a whole. At this point, I'm going to chalk this up to misunderstanding/miscommunication and leave it at that.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

I think that so far we can be happy with the fact that some second and lower tier characters have already been acknowledged (Albeit with so little content out.)

Thunderbird, Firestar, Gateway... they may not be Cyclops and Storm, but they are part of the mythology and it's nice that marvel can give a shoutout to them and makes It feel like the past does matter to them

I find it impressive so many characters like that can make it on this promo material tbh when there are so many bigger 'stars'.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I know it's cover reveals, but since the other thread was closed, I was posting an update here. Hickman says "No" to letting people read HOX at the SDCC.
    https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/1148702796742615040

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I know it's cover reveals, but since the other thread was closed, I was posting an update here. Hickman says "No" to letting people read HOX at the SDCC.
    https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/1148702796742615040
    Who’s stronger: X-Twitter or Hickman

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Definitely Hickman

BANNED

X-Twitter's imaginary power is cute.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Definitely Hickman
    Agreed. No contest. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Pfft. Have you seen the man's Charts and Graphs?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I’m glad we’ve all agreed that X-Twitter is the weakest on the X-Y-Z axis on X-fandom. Now quick, someone talk about covers before JaffyJayne’s thread’s sacrifice was all for naught.

I wonder when we';ll get the last 2 covers. Solicits are next Thurs. I think, but usually HOX / POX covers have come before those. I was hoping we'd see the last 2 by the end of this week.

I cannot wait to see some chucklefucks try to bully Hickman off of the X-Men, probably gonna be the same people that say Morrison’s run sucked

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    I cannot wait to see some chucklefucks try to bully Hickman off of the X-Men, probably gonna be the same people that say Morrison’s run sucked
    It is normal. Everyone won`t be satisfied. I don`t like Morrison’s run at all but I hope that HiX-Man will be better.