Page 150 of 434 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Avengers-land

Also I just noticed Monet is being called "Penance" again. Guess it's really her new codename?
    Technicaly Championland.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Matthew rosenberg posted that he knew what Hickman was doing, that is why he killed so many mutants.

someone said that krakoa wcould ressurrect the dead mutants
    Honestly, I think Rosenberg probably killed off so many mutants because he wanted to write a bleak story. The X-Office planned to reverse most of the deaths, and Rosenberg didn't really care about what happens after because he was going to be off the X-books as soon as Hickman took over.

They have very obvious differences in vision.

Hickman sees Scott as one of the core X-Men, hence why Scott gets to lead the main team. Jean and Logan are represented on both X-Men and X-Force, but I expect they will be mains on X-Force and recurring on X-Men's rotating team. Emma stays as her more heroic version and gets to be part of a team. Even if Scott and Jean don't get back together right away, Emma is on an outside exploration team so they won't interact often except during team ups.

I can see Rosenberg not like the direction Hickman wanted to go. I knew that team shot at the end of Uncanny was mandated by Editorial. There was no way Rosenberg wanted to end his run putting Emma, Jean, and Scott together as the faces of the X-Men, he was told to do it.

I am moderately happy, all my favourites get a place in the future of the X-Men. Rachel gets to spend time with Scott and Jean, and I am going to keep my fingers crossed that there is no more hesitancy about Jean and Scott being her parents. Jean and Scott get to both headline a team so they aren't existing in each other's shadow which is what I was hoping for. The one thing that I worried about going into the fall was Jean ending up being a supporting character for Scott, and I am really glad that isn't happening and she gets to be a leader on her own team. Emma stays as a loyal member of the X-Men, but she serves on the outside team so it reduces the drama between Scott, Jean, and Emma. There might still end up being some kind of romantic drama between Jean, Scott, Emma, and Logan, but I think most of the time the relationship stuff is going to be on the back-burner a bit.

I wonder what's on Hickman's pros and cons list. He only mentioned nostalgia.

Matthew rosenberg posted that he knew what Hickman was doing, that is why he killed so many mutants.

Maybe krakoa is their new base of operations?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks like they've given up on solo books entirely. They're not even giving Wolverine a new one.
    The recent sales number on x-books just can't justify solos.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    My only disappointment...No Pepe Larraz or R. B. Silva illustrating any of the W1 books. *crying buckets emoji*
    I'm thinking there is probably another Hickman book for Wave 2 that they are probably buying time for. They probably going need more time to get more issues in the can before they announce anything.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 07-20-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

someone said that krakoa would resurrect the dead mutants
    What reason would they have to resurrect Creed, and how'd they find his head. lol I think Rosencanny is best left as ignored filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    The recent sales number on x-books just can't justify solos.
    We do still have Wave 2, which will start in 2020. So depending on when next year, we may hear more when HOX /POX ends in Oct. where we'll get Jan solicits.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-20-2019 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post

I'm thinking there is probably another Hickman book for Wave 2 that they are probably buying time for. They probably going need more time to get more issues in the can before they announce anything.
    He already confirmed he's working on another book

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    I hope Vita keeps Polaris for wave 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Same. Hopefully she'll be a part of what Vita has planned.
    Considering other things I've said, it's worth my quickly adding.

The issue I had with Prisoner X was that it was clearly a setting inspired by Gifted, but that was taken from Lorna, handed to Bishop to lead the book, and Lorna was reduced to a supporting character in something that should've been led by her. That was the thing that put me against the book and led to me not buying or reading any of it. I would have had no complaints if either Bishop starred in a different book and Lorna was the star of Prisoner X, or Prisoner X took a "personal versions of Hell" angle where Lorna retained the Gifted-inspired angle while others had their own.

I had no issues with the writing itself. What I saw of it handled Lorna well. The bits I saw let Lorna say and do things for herself, and gave her good moments that Marvel has generally avoided with her. The one bit I did have issue with, the Havok image, I'm assuming for the moment was forced in by people above Vita who have no respect for Lorna and think she must be exploited to boost Havok's profile at all times. I would be tentatively interested in Vita writing Lorna again - a remark I am being very apprehensive and cautious in making. I made a mistake the last time I trusted people at Marvel. I'm keeping my guard up as a result.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Even though I'm not sure I'll pick up Fallen Angels, if done well, a darker book like Remender's X-Force, it could work nicely. It's pretty sweet that Kwannon is the initial protagonist of a book after many were annoyed with her disappearance in Uncanny. She and Laura could be really great.

I don't think the deaths helped his run. If he wanted shock value he should have tried exploding a bus.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I don't think the deaths helped his run. If he wanted shock value he should have tried exploding a bus.
    Nah a bus was already done

Nah a bus was already done
    It was effective.

Mighty Member

If Rosenberg wanted something shocked, he could've written an overly complex villain plot with Gwenpool fighting Forbush Man and Deadpool for control of the fourth wall. That would certainly be shocking and memorable.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Scorpion boy?

Rico. Haven’t seen him since Nightcrawler #12.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    If Rosenberg wanted something shocked, he could've written an overly complex villain plot with Gwenpool fighting Forbush Man and Deadpool for control of the fourth wall. That would certainly be shocking and memorable.
    Well it was his idea to erase religion from the world so i guess that counts as edgy. But it was pretty pointless regarding the plot as it was undone faster with no pay off