Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
Rough, for those who care about their personal favourites only and not so much about the overall world in which their favourites reside (I've already seen posts about not buying any X-Men if so-and-so is not featured)...whatever...I have no time for that noise.

You are absolutely right.
The X-Men has been figuratively razed to the ground over the past decade and it will take time to rebuild. I'm focusing on and supporting that reconstruction of the X-Empire. Anything else that comes after is just icing with salty caramel and chocolate fudge.
People read comics (or consume any form of entertainment really) for the most disparate reasons, so if someone only reads X-Men comics if Character X is featured, I say to each their own.

I also have my favorites obviously but do I really care for them to be featured at whatever cost, regardless of the use the writer actually makes of them? I absolutely love Storm but did her presence really make a difference in, say, Marc Guggenheim's X-Men Gold? She might as well just have been featured in that 2 parter towards the end of the series, but had she been in limbo for the rest, or as a background character doing absolutely nothing, it wouldn't have made the slightest amount of difference to me because she never added anything to the story anyway.