Page 412 of 434 FirstFirst ... 312362402408409410411412413414415416422 ... LastLast
Results 6,166 to 6,180 of 6499
    Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    3. I think theres been like ONE...ONE case of 2 mutants having a human kid
    soooooooooo
    I think the abortion clinics should wait on breaking ground lol
    So you're of the opinion that mutants are more fertile than humans. And that the chances of mutant parents getting a human child are totally lower than human parents getting a mutant child.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

A lot of posters seem to have space issues. How are they not peacefully coexisting? They're not attacking the humans are they? Do you consider your neighbors potential hostiles... How close should the mutants+humans be in order of the "dream" to be alive? Same Country? State? Damn...how about Same house? The same Organ?
    What does mutant births gotta do with KraKoa "segregating" themselves
    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Thank you.

They don't have to be all buddy-buddy to peacefully coexist. Just don't **** on each other lawn and everybody lives.

In light of recent events and just general mutant-human relations throughout MU history, I think they're well beyond
    the possibly of kissess, hugs and hakuna matata.
    I have to cosign. People keep thinking that coexist means assimilation. They don't go as far as banning people but what do people think Chinatown and Little Havana are doing ? Creating a separate pocket and grouping up together as community is normal thing. And we know why humans are banned from that space, Humans just finished going "hey we want to wipe your people off the planet with this mutant cure". I don't know how much time has past since Uncanny it is probably less than year.The wounds are pretty fresh

You know who else has super tight border and people control, Wakanda. I don't see the everyone should be allowed to go into Wakanda BS being said. Heck unlike Wakanda, Krakoa is actively trading with other nations. How do you do trade without some level of friendliness? Sometimes you have breakdown relationship to build them back up.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-14-2019 at 01:24 AM.

The idea of two mutants having a human child doesn't even make sense to me, how would the kid NOT inherit the X-Gene?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I have cosign. People keep thinking that coexist means assimilation the don't go as far as banning people but what do people think Chinatown and Little Havana are doing ? Creating a pocket and grouping up together as community is normal. And we know why humans are banned from that space, Humans just finished going "hey we want to wipe your people off the planet with this mutant cure". I don't know how much time has past since Uncanny it is probably less than year.

You know who else has super tight border and people control, Wakanda. I don't see the everyone should be allowed to go into Wakanda BS being said. Heck unlike Wakanda, Krakoa is actively trading with other nations. How do you do trade without some level of friendliness? Sometimes you have breakdown relationship to build them back up.
    Wakandans are born to other Wakandans. Same with the other examples. This is not how the vast majority of mutants are born. This is fundamentally different, just from a logistical standpoint. There are 7 and a half billion humans that might have a mutant child at any time. In Marvel comics it will always be the case that mutants are not yet so numerous that most mutants are born to other mutants. That still generations away. When all the other Marvel comics in this shared continuity do not want to operate in what looks like a close analogue of real life New York, this might change. Good luck with that. As such Krakoa is a land convenient only for the minority of households that have a mutant in it.

I don't think the juice was worth the squeeze on the whole Moira thing. It was a cool twist but there's just too much problems that it brings with possible plot holes and retcons. Even though it's been done so often, I think time travel would have actually been a more simple way to get things where they are.

I don't like the way the X-Men are acting like a cult. Getting some Inhumans vibes from them.

The story reminds me a little of Deadly Genesis with the massive changes to the past and the involvement of Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The idea of two mutants having a human child doesn't even make sense to me, how would the kid NOT inherit the X-Gene?
    Someone can explain it better but basically your parents and grandparents genes play role in process which is why every once awhile two black parents can have a white baby. The odds are very low for this type of stuff.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    We are gonna get more cute moments like this

Who needs the rest of the MU tbh
    Where is this image from, exactly? Is it a future cover?

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Wakandans are born to other Wakandans. Same with the other examples. This is not how the vast majority of mutants are born. This is fundamentally different, just from a logistical standpoint. There are 7 and a half billion humans that might have a mutant child at any time. In Marvel comics it will always be the case that mutants are not yet so numerous that most mutants are born to other mutants. That still generations away. When all the other Marvel comics in this shared continuity do not want to operate in what looks like a close analogue of real life New York, this might change. Good luck with that. As such Krakoa is a land convenient only for the minority of households that have a mutant in it.
    That has nothing to do with my point. But anyways no matter how much we say the eventual plan for mutants isn't to be closed off people don't want to listen. One of the biggest purposes of Krakoa that it is basically refuge aka safe spot if human try to wipe out mutants again. But You can take one look Krakoa plans and project what is going to happen. They can't die,They are bring back everyone who has died and they have a rule to encourage having babies. Krakoa is finite space. They have habitats in all over the world and space. It doesn't take big math to figure out what is going to happen.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-14-2019 at 01:53 AM.

Again I reiterate. "Marvel vs. X-Men" (202X) is what will happen.

Because one must DESTROY a relationship (X-Men's place in the Marvel IP franchise) so there is NOTHING in the way to build it up again (X-Men in the MCU).

すべてを破壊し、すべてを接続します。
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 10-14-2019 at 02:12 AM.

"I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

That has nothing to do with my point. But anyways no matter how much we say the eventual plan for mutants isn't to be closed off people don't want to listen. One of the biggest purposes of Krakoa that it is basically refuge aka safe spot if human try to wipe out mutants again. But You can take one look Krakoa plans and project what is going to happen. They can't die,They are bring back everyone who has died and they have a rule to encourage having babies. Krakoa is finite space. They have habitats in all over the world and space. It doesn't take big math to figure out what is going to happen.
    I know it's a temporary state of affairs though finite living space is a problem the Marvel comics have many possible answers for. But when it's over, let's not go "Xavier and Moira sure were acting weird", every X-Men involved in this had a rather substantial shift in priorities, save maybe Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    You do know that Graydon Creed's mom is Mystique and his dad is Sabretooth....
    every X-Men involved in this had a rather substantial shift in priorities
    Yeah...their lives lol
    GrindrStone(D)

You do know that Graydon Creed's mom is Mystique and his dad is Sabretooth....

Yeah...their lives lol
    They're heroes, generally fighting for others. Krakoa protects mutants from humankind, but like I said, most of mutantkind is born to human families, the reaction to the optics of this is felt by the substantial part of mutantkind for whom this isn't a viable option. Can't at the same time say Krakoa is neccesary on account of how bad it is out there and Krakoa is only for those that want it, the rest of mutantkind should be fine. Having your mutantchild go to live on a island that is partially run by Mr Sinister, Apocalypse, Magneto, Shaw ectera is a tough sell, surely we can all agree on that much?

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Again I reiterate. "Marvel vs. X-Men" (202X) is what will happen.
    It won't be from Hickman,A giant plot point is Mutants get waxed from Humans and Superhuman in conflict in one of Moria lives. Hickman isn't real the type of writer to contradict himself. It is comics I am sure they fight against somebody at some point but I don't see this leading to huge war Marvel vs X-men War. Magneto and Xavier know the outcome. There is far more likely to be Civil War in the mutants with Xavier/Cyclops versus Magneto or Apocalypse than Marvel vs X-men imo.

I know it's a temporary state of affairs though finite living space is a problem the Marvel comics have many possible answers for. But when it's over, let's not go "Xavier and Moira sure were acting weird", every X-Men involved in this had a rather substantial shift in priorities, save maybe Magneto.
    Well what I am saying ,Is people shouldn't be shocked when this isn't the evil separatist or isolationist empire they thought it was going to be and don't be surprised in Wave 3 or in the future "When you have a settlement in New York and X-men living in the mansion", Don't be surprised when you get X-men in space/space colony with a home base on Mars.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-14-2019 at 02:32 AM.

We shall see. And I never mentioned that "MvX" will be overseen by Hickman, just that IT WILL HAPPEN before the 2020s roll into the 2030s (before 2025 at earliest). All preparation for the MCU integration or something.

BANNED

I have to cosign. People keep thinking that coexist means assimilation.
    Co-existence shouldn't mean assimilation, but that is different from integration, as per the original dream; in that sense, mutants weren't supposed to suppress their powers beyond, obviously, property damage or the like or hide who they were. The idea was to reach out and educate enough to have people realise "We aren't this other thing; we're humans! We're just different!" which is more true to life. As in, mutants and humans live side by side, nobody has to give up the cultures and communities they were born into.

Now that's not to say that the culture that Krakoa will create is important; but we can't disregard that most of these characters also have other, very human cultures that were important to them and informed the people they grew into. It's a little different than setting up a China-town or little Havana; those spaces retained their own culture and values within and alongside another.

Setting up a different country altogether is very different from co-existing alongside your own neighbours; that's where some readers feel uncomfortable. It feels like segregation of the species, which until very, very recently most characters where vehemently against and would have shown much more resistance to than is actually being shown. Also, in narrative, there's been no bridge between Rosenberg's last run (where everything was at the absolute extreme) and the beginning as this; as far as we readers could discern, everything just...happened. Everyone suddenly had agreed to this unwaveringly...and we didn't see it. We needed to see it at the beginning and beyond only three characters so as to properly see where the other X-men are coming from beyond endorsing the (genuinely great) idea of a safe-space.

In many respects, it's a disconnect between how some readers empathise with these characters motivations as opposed the narrative presented. Plus, some readers, like me, find it very, very hard to reconcile that all the emotional fall-outs that resulted from, say, Moira's death...were apparently just fake. As in; why would Charles have mourned so badly and put great emphasis on her funeral...if she was just alive the whole time...? Beyond the context of "there's been 9 other lives where everything went to hell that we just saw in this new issue."

For some readers, that reasoning just isn't enough, ya know? I think it's an emotional thing (which isn't wrong, I want to clarify!)
    Last edited by Domino_Dare-Doll; 10-14-2019 at 02:38 AM.