Page 233 of 434 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283333 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 6499

I didn`t like Wolverine in it at all. I think Hickman don`t like him and Logan was forced by editors. Don`t expect anything good for him.

Someone who read it want to post a detailed summary? Please and thank you.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    This was an interesting issue, but people expecting a more standard superhero story will probably be disappointed
    Agreed

spoilers:
    Nimrod is no cute anymore I don´t understand anything about the Phalanx but I loved to see Charles and Magneto have their traditional debates with Moira keeping order between them this is the best Apocalypse I have read in a really looong time but I am ready to see Scott and his team do their thing with Orchis.

Theory: I thought year 1, year 10, year 100 and year 1000 were part of the same timeline but now I suspect they are happening in different Moira´s lives.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-14-2019 at 07:19 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Someone who read it want to post a detailed summary? Please and thank you.
    it makes sense and it's very complicated, and you have to know continuity.

The important thing about today, spoilers:
    is a chart he created about AI, in which he placed the Phalanx as the most sophisticated as most powerful type, because it's only 1 super intellect that has assimilated galaxies and planets completely.

The biggest retcon is that the Technarc like Warlock are a creation and tool of the Phalanx but don't know it. If the Phalanx discovers a civilization that isnt good enough yet to be assimilated into their intelligence, they prepare them by infecting them with a technoorganic virus through the Technarc. The Technarc are programmed to believe they are the only technarcs who exist, and Magus is just a title given to the leader.

The Xmen from the future (wolverine, xorn, krakoa, apocalypse, Rasputin girl and Priest), will have to break into a Technarc planet, that has been totally assimilated, what would be their capital, in a suicide mision, although Apocalypse promises no one will die, he will bring back everyone out alive

edit: the space station around the sun will be attacked by Cyclops and other mutants, because Charles thinks that is where Nimrod will originally be created. That base is a mastgives birth to mastermolds. its full of scientists from all organizations on earth, even with very different ideologies, who united only because they see mutants as a huge threat
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by lurkerforyears; 08-14-2019 at 07:17 AM.

Guys if you're gonna talk spoilers in this thread for a book just out today use the spoiler tags.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Hate that you have to read both House of X and Powers of X together, because ICGAF about Year 100 & Year 1000. Ugh Powers of X is so hard to get through when it’s not year 1 or year 10... Like I don’t care about this stuff, give me current 616 X-Men, that’s all I want.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    Hate that you have to read both House of X and Powers of X together, because ICGAF about Year 100 & Year 1000. Ugh Powers of X is so hard to get through when it’s not year 1 or year 10... Like I don’t care about this stuff, give me current 616 X-Men, that’s all I want.
    Same for me. I don't care about the past & future. So the month-gap between HOX 1 and HOX 3 has been slow torture.

Even though I don't like most characters shown on the cover, seeing them would be preferred. Least anger sparks debate that indifference won't.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-14-2019 at 01:41 PM.

I like story but I don`t care at all about future characters too.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 08-14-2019 at 07:58 AM.

Agreed. This issue was boring to me

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

You all know you don't HAVE to buy/read PoX, right?
    Other than the obvious fact that no one...absolutely no one...is holding a gun to your heads an a knife to your wallets forcing you to buy it, you can get same day spoilers and summaries just about anywhere on-line. They will keep you in the loop without causing major emotional stress and angst.
    Or...
    Borrow share with a fellow comic book friend who's buying/reading it.
    And...it's only a two week wait from issue to issue...not a month.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    You all know you don't HAVE to buy/read PoX, right?
    Other than the obvious fact that no one...absolutely no one...is holding a gun to your heads an a knife to your wallets forcing you to buy it, you can get same day spoilers and summaries just about anywhere on-line. They will keep you in the loop without causing major emotional stress and angst.
    Or...
    Borrow share with a fellow comic book friend who's buying/reading it.
    And...it's only a two week wait from issue to issue...not a month.
    It's a month from HOX 1 to 3.

We had HOX 1.

Then followed with
    POX 1
    HOX 2
    POX 2+3.

That's 4 issues = 4 weeks dealing with past & future with 1 page of present, and for some it's a month with nothing of interest happening since the present-day story doesn't seem to really start until the 28th. Meaning those fans had HOX 1 on Jul 24th and don't get back to that until Aug 28th.

Getting through a week is also chore when you have 10 hour work shift on certain days only to get through those with no payoff. lol.

Even though I get annoyed & rant, reading things about present-day characters that can be annoying is better than the disappointment of getting an issue with 99% indifference. At least the former has room for debate, argument, discussion, and a possible chance to see a bright side. With indifference, it's just right back to the beginning of counting down another week, even though I just got done doing that for all of 1 day.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-14-2019 at 01:57 PM.

Spectacular Member

Every time I read a new issue ( like today's Pox 2) I throw my theories out the window and start anew with a new theory. Although I am still convinced Moira is playing everyone and will turn out to be the "bad guy" as she is depicted walking on top of the defeated x-men in one of the future HOX covers.
    My theory now is that something happened in her life 6, the redacted one after which she goes on a very violent streak for a few of her lives. I think she is now in her last life and doesn't give a damn about anyone any more and is now playing everyone to get what she thinks is the best thing to happen to her. Which is being assimilated into the phalanx and live forever "peacefully" leaving all this mutant/ human/ machine nonsense behind. She is the 8th mutant in year 100 and she is the blue female figure in year 1000 and both those era's are a depiction of her ninth life that in the end info section of HOX 2 and in the actual art section of the book are still continuing. I think in year 100 it is going to show us Apoccy and her redirecting the machines to kill the humans and then attack the shi-ar and while the machines and shi-ar are in war with each other, Moira frees the Shi-ar mutants and gets them back to earth. But the shi-ar and the other big universal empires keep attacking the mutants on earth and in the end she decides to join the phalanx. She is now going to try this again in her current 10th / 616 life, only by speeding it up and make it happen now. But the x-men stop her and the phalanx and the mother mold sentinels and finally the humans are going to start to accept the mutants as "heroes", leading to Dawn of X. Moira's defeat will probably hinge on something Xavier remembers from reading her mind form her 6th life. ps Off course she found a way to keep some of her thoughts hidden from Xavier, otherwise her "secret plan" would not work.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I take it you didn't read HoX 2?
    Each issue is released two weeks apart.
    Issue 1 24th July
    Issue 2 7th August
    Issue 3 21st August
    Even if you are only reading HoX...it's still only two weeks between issues.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-14-2019 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Beautiful variant!!!