Page 236 of 434 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286336 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 6499
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Jeeper 2.0 View Post
    The last time the X-Men had this much buzz was Messiah Complex and Second Coming.

I have friends whom have never read X-Men before racing to the comic store every Wednesday. I can't wait for Dawn of X.
    That's the last time I was excited!

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Well that only stands to reason. Cyclops is the coolest character in Marvel comics.
    Cyclops i sthe opposit of coolness

The last time the X-Men had this much buzz was Messiah Complex and Second Coming.

I have friends whom have never read X-Men before racing to the comic store every Wednesday. I can't wait for Dawn of X.
    That should’ve been the fifth X-milestone but I can see why it isn’t.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Well that only stands to reason. Cyclops is the coolest character in Marvel comics.
    Precisely. Hickman is just doing what's logical and natural.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Wow. I cannot wait to see the other half of this. Would make a great poster.

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Anyone else feel like that once Marvel announced Dawn of X that the other Marvel heroes are already in the backseat? Avengers who? Lol. Idk, maybe I'm wrong.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Youre right but being uncool is what makes him cool

9uy9oi.jpg

BANNED

So, apparently Magneto, Xavier and Cyclops are aware of what happens in the future, since they all seem to have knowledge on Nimrod and the threat he represents to mutants, and that's before he was even created, so theyd efinitely know some things that happen in the future, wonder how much this will be explored.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    WE-[PHALANX]-HAVE-DETECTED-JORGE-MOLINA-ART

TIME-TO-SMaAaAaAaASH-THAT-MOTHA'-F'IN-LIKE-BUTTON
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    So, apparently Magneto, Xavier and Cyclops are aware of what happens in the future, since they all seem to have knowledge on Nimrod and the threat he represents to mutants, and that's before he was even created, so theyd efinitely know some things that happen in the future, wonder how much this will be explored.
    Nimrod has been an X-Men foe since the 80s. He merged with Master Mold and became Bastion. The X-Men have been aware of him for some time and fought him on a number of occasions.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

BANNED

Nimrod has been an X-Men foe since the 80s. He merged with Master Mold and became Bastion. The X-Men have been aware of him for some time and fought him on a number of occasions.
    Wow, I'll let myself out after this embarrasment.

Sorry, outside of the two classic Claremont stories, I haven't read any classic X-Men, only some post 2000s runs.

Mind to fill me in on the basics of Nimrod then ? Does the Phalanx society (or whatever that was) is a classic X-Men thing as well ? What other classic elements is Hickman incorporating.

BANNED

I don't remember the slightest thing about Second Coming but I remember thinking Messiah Complex was a lame, editorially-handicapped excuse for an already bad 90s event.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Depends how he is written, which is the case for everyone. Also it depends who you are. I think Wolverine is cool, but I have very little time for him. I have always been baffled by the continuation of the anti-hero in comics well past the concept’s sell by date.

Anti heroes are not nice guys and codes of honour are basically excuses for what we nowadays call toxic masculinity.

Anyone else feel like that once Marvel announced Dawn of X that the other Marvel heroes are already in the backseat? Avengers who? Lol. Idk, maybe I'm wrong.
    Nah. We now have two great but very different writers on the two big team franchises. It’s not a competition.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-15-2019 at 01:04 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Wow, I'll let myself out after this embarrasment.

Sorry, outside of the two classic Claremont stories, I haven't read any classic X-Men, only some post 2000s runs.

Mind to fill me in on the basics of Nimrod then ? Does the Phalanx society (or whatever that was) is a classic X-Men thing as well ? What other classic elements is Hickman incorporating.
    I don’t want to add to the embarrassment but Nimrod was created during the Claremont / Romita Jr. run. Although that story was probably not considered ‘classic’ it was still part of a classic run. You may remember him as a weird robot obsessed with mutants. Around the time Forge and Storm first started smouldering at each other and Dire Wraiths were everywhere.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-15-2019 at 01:12 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I don't remember the slightest thing about Second Coming but I remember thinking Messiah Complex was a lame, editorially-handicapped excuse for an already bad 90s event.
    Second Coming

Dead Nightcrawler
    Dead Cable
    Big bubble
    Lots of Nimrods
    Bastion and his ugly beard

And last and most certainly least, Hope.