Page 182 of 434 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232282 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    That would be awesome. But didnt he say 'mutant history', and the heavily hinted at marketing: I predict the past decades will take place as well.
    Yeah i think the first issue will be the first decade. At first i was thinking the first century but it's only 6 issues and 16.66 years of history in each book sounds weird. so i think it will be past to future in the current 60 -100 year cycle.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Illyana must be releived that she doesnt have to be the default Uber anymore

We are forever grateful for the Magick Bus.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Illyana must be releived that she doesnt have to be the default Uber anymore
    More free time to bully the rookies and shop for goth clothes.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Same. I'm also predicting right now after reading that Powers of X will tell the story of mutant history over the next 60 years into the future. It connects with Hickmans tweets for me about Power of a number. For instance Powers of X will be the first decade. two will be the second decade and so on culminating with issue 6 being where the mutants could end up in 60 years.
    That’d be cool. However it works out, I’m interested in seeing how the two books intertwine and how they shed new light on the previous one, as has been stated.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Same. I'm also predicting right now after reading that Powers of X will tell the story of mutant history over the next 60 years into the future. It connects with Hickmans tweets for me about Power of a number. For instance Powers of X will be the first decade. two will be the second decade and so on culminating with issue 6 being where the mutants could end up in 60 years.
    But we know the Rasputin and the priest character appear in issue #1, and that can't be only 10 years in the future.

I think one of the biggest shockers is that Kid Cable is still around. I thought he would be shortlived

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Tbh Susan's privileged was kind of annoying it reminded me of times when a white "ally" tries to tell a PoC how they should perceive and react to bigotry. Coming from a good place but still out of your depth.
    Nah she just has enough common sense to know that mutants creating their own ethnostate is a bad idea and knowing that not all mutants have the privilege of coming back from the dead whenever they want or possess superpowers to defend themselves.

With all these mutants coming back from the dead, I hope he resurrects Petra and Sway. I've always felt like they had a lot of potential, especially Sway.

Spectacular Member

I hope that wherever this story goes, somewhere down the line we need to have either the mutants not so hated as much anymore and /or see the other heroes stand up for mutants more prominently. For years it has been bugging me that marvel can just kill and destroy mutants in their x-books in universe yet have their “heroes” never really do anything about it. Write an issue of the fantastic four once where reed and sue stand up for mutant rights because their son is a mutant. It never happens. In real life in this day and age the heroes would be hated for not standing up for mutants and I don’t think marvel will be able to get away with it for long, especially once they start throwing in the mutants in the mcu movie verse. Can you imagine going to see a x-men movie where mutants get killed by semi government forces and then two months later go see an avenger movie and see them hanging around at avengers tower making silly jokes about those kookie x-men. Never gonna happen in the movie world

Incredible Member

I wonder if the other franchises are going to even mention this. It should affect every hero.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    I wonder if the other franchises are going to even mention this. It should affect every hero.
    It's only relevant to the Avengers book until Hickman makes a play.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    I’d prefer if they deal with that in the X-books, honestly. Just have the Avengers or whoever make appearances as needed, like the FF in this issue. I don’t see the need to make every book being about human-mutant relations. To me, that’s the topic for the x-books.

I wouldn’t mind it being mentioned in other books if it was relevant, or just as a bit of setting, but I don’t think more than that is needed.

I hope Mimic can be resurrected, even if he has be turned into a full mutant to join the team.

Emma was right

The fact that the mutants consider krakoa island specifically a safe haven means it's private property.
    No, it doesn't and it's not how the world politics works. We are talking not about a brick house, but an island with a huge number of mutants who have dangerous powers. It looks suspicious and will not bring anything good in humans/mutants relationships.

That's no different than any diplomat that gets shown around they don't get to go to places a country considers private or sacred.
    There are no "private" or "sacred" areas in any civilized countries, where it would be forbidden for a tourist to walk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jeeper 2.0 View Post
    Self segregate or die. Not much of an option. If this was the real world, mutants would be seeking asylum.
    "Die" is not an option right now, they are stronger than ever. So it's only segregation.
    Last edited by Gamall; 07-24-2019 at 09:11 PM.