Page 1 of 161 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default HOUSE OF X [05] : Society *Spoilers*

If this is posted too soon. Moderator will take proper actions.

Starts off with Magneto and Polaris discussing humans and Magneto states that the one good thing humans taught them was: Society. They are sitting in front of that huge tree with the pod eggs.

I really like Polaris disdain for humans. She is a good balance of her father and the X-Men influence.

Next page had Storm and Xavier entering the tree/egg pod area. So now all four of them are waiting for the arrival of something.

It ends up being Tempus, Proteus, Hope, Elixer, Goldballs.

Loved LOVED seeing lesser known characters. Wish we had this sprinkled throughout the entire series.

For an X-Men seminal moment it really is the Xavier/Magneto show.

Anyways finally some new faces. And people are either going to abhor, like, or tolerate what is being given to us with these five.

Fabio Medina’s power evolved from just ‘ploink’ balls to eggs.

Which Proteus warps into viable eggs.

Injected with the DNA of a mutant

With the touch of Elixir's life giving abilities

And Tempus time abilities speeds up the process.

And the most important is that Hope is the unifier that makes them all sync to make it possible. She gets their powers to work at their peak and in unison.

What I loved most about this scene is we got to see characters that haven’t been given any spotlight recently.

I hope X-editorial gets more on board with sprinkling lesser known characters in from time to time.

Also fyi as this is happening on panel for us Magento is explaining it to Polaris. So that the readers understand what’s going on.

And this harkens back to first issue.

The X-Men that died on the mission are all back now.

People that are complaining that they are just Pod People may have some leverage BUT Polaris basically calls that out. And that’s when we find out that Cerebro captured the essence, the anima, of any mutant. Which can now make them as they once were but in their prime optimal form.

This is the part people are going to have issues with. And honestly all they have to do is get rid of one of the 5 and resurrections will not be so easy.

There is this crazy scene where the resurrected mutants are presented to like a ton of mutants.

Reminded me of that Matrix Morpheus speech scene in the caves and then they have a big all sexy orgy rave. You’ll know it when you see it.

She introduces each one to show us that its the ones we know. I liked Jean and Monets part the most:

Jean "Oh…I’m the only “me” that ever was, Ororo”

Monet ”no touching”

Cuts to Magneto and Xavier talking about how there is much work to do. They are content and happy for the day. But the vote is upon them.

FYI Synch and Mimic are brought up in the wordy sections

So resurrections are happening on a weekly basis. I hope they do something about being depowered by the pretender. Bring back my Wind Dancer Venezuelan Goddess

The vote goes in the mutants favor. They have themselves a mutant nation.

Professor X seems to think that Emma Frost had something to do it with it. And they kind of leave it up in the air but kind of don’t.

So i’ll let others speak on that. But I was hoping that mutants wouldn’t need to use telepathy. But humans also suck in this universe so there’s that.

Ends with a splash page of a the baddies coming to Krakoa. Xavier saying that all mutants are welcome.

And Apoclypse at the head of the incoming group. Stating that yes they all will be abiding by Krakoan laws.

And that he always wanted mutant dominance and look at what they all accomplished.

I see Random, Lady Mastermind, Exodus, Selene, Mister Sinister, Marrow, Cargill etc….

Love that last page…

If you are us, then be with us…

There are alot of little things that go on that I may not have covered but just read it.
    Last edited by CGAR; 09-18-2019 at 05:25 AM.

A couple things I was thinking:

1. The 5 starting to become a sort of "hive mind" after using their powers together kind of not so implicitly links it to the whole Phalanx thing imo.

2. The resurrection scene and Storm gave a big cult-y, creepy vibe. I like that Hickman stated multiple times that the soul is the same so we will avoid months of "are they the real deal" conspiracy theories on this board lol. And he also took into account to possibility of duplicates which is nice.

3. I like that it set up X-Force and Marauders. Pretty sure the Marauders will be shipping the drugs under Emma's founding and diplomatic coverage. I also liked how she and Charles interacted with each other.

4. I know they are all united under Krakoa now but I can't see people like Selene or Emplate either being accepted so easily or being kept in check with just a promise of a mutant land. Emplate freaking feeds on mutants and Selene is as shady as they come. I wonder if they have some sort of police force on the island.

5. There was a lot of talk about why Moira married Joseph in this life, and I think that she knew that it would produce Proteus and that they could use him for resurrection (maybe she did not foreshadow him needing a body and going crazy).

6. Sync is back ☺️

This was a very interesting issue. You can tell a lot of thought went into this whole resurrection/immortality process.

Art was beautiful! I loved disheveled Monet. Paige needs to watch out though, she was sporting Illyana's signature bangs & length.

Also, what the hell was up with cult leader Ororo? Seemed very OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    A couple things I was thinking:

1. The 5 starting to become a sort of "hive mind" after using their powers together kind of not so implicitly links it to the whole Phalanx thing imo.

2. The resurrection scene and Storm gave a big cult-y, creepy vibe. I like that Hickman stated multiple times that the soul is the same so we will avoid months of "are they the real deal" conspiracy theories on this board lol. And he also took into account to possibility of duplicates which is nice.

3. I like that it set up X-Force and Marauders. Pretty sure the Marauders will be shipping the drugs under Emma's founding and diplomatic coverage. I also liked how she and Charles interacted with each other.

4. I know they are all united under Krakoa now but I can't see people like Selene or Emplate either being accepted so easily or being kept in check with just a promise of a mutant land. Emplate freaking feeds on mutants and Selene is as shady as they come. I wonder if they have some sort of police force on the island.

5. There was a lot of talk about why Moira married Joseph in this life, and I think that she knew that it would produce Proteus and that they could use him for resurrection (maybe she did not foreshadow him needing a body and going crazy).

6. Sync is back ☺️
    Well, Emplate is evil because he needs to feed on mutants. Maybe he can just eat... eggs. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Well, Emplate is evil because he needs to feed on mutants. Maybe he can just eat... eggs. lol.
    Well yeah they can make Proteust empty bodies, they can give him a couple. I still don't think Monet will be thrilled about this lol.

I liked that Logan was the one who didn't want them on the Island because I could totally see him being the skeptical one when it comes to villains.

Incredible Member

@andru And Polaris wasn't OOC in her talk with Magneto? Hickman's being... characterisationally-flexible... here throughout.

So, how are they going to explain Wolverine having adamantium from here on in ('cause you know he's gonna)? Shouldn't he be back to bone?

So if a depowered mutant wants their powers back do they just have to die and be brought back?

Does it bring them back in their most prime optimal age?

I'm going to be the one man campaign for Wind Dancer.

Also is Synch really back?

issue is crazy my only question does the resurrection technique bring back Wolverine adamantium? Also this is just like clone conspiracy in Spider-Man with the revive so I suspect something will go wrong. And to be safe they should keep the 5 man revive team safe at all costs
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    @andru And Polaris wasn't OOC in her talk with Magneto? Hickman's being... characterisationally-flexible... here throughout.

So, how are they going to explain Wolverine having adamantium from here on in ('cause you know he's gonna)? Shouldn't he be back to bone?
    They had Magneto and Polaris there XD

BANNED

No one will forget Scott & logan scan. I'm telling yoy.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    So if a depowered mutant wants their powers back do they just have to die and be brought back?

Does it bring them back in their most prime optimal age?

I'm going to be the one man campaign for Wind Dancer.

Also is Synch really back?
    I think they'd need to die.
    Sync is apparently back and Mimic has been retconned as a Mutant.

A lot to process here. I'm torn between "this is genius" and "this is a creepy cult not relatable at all and Storm sounds like a lunatic".
    Anyway, I also love the underused mutants taking the spotlight. Glad Mimic got confirmed as a mutant too.
    And I'm interested in the implications from now on. Can they grow a Hellion with hands? a Karma with a leg? a Cable without the techno-organic virus? Is Wolverine now adamantiumless?

BANNED

Loved it.

- Thrilled to see Lorna so soon and in the type of form I prefer.
    - Thrilled to see a key role for Goldballs. Tempus' powers I always liked even when I didn't like her much.
    - When was Elixir last not gold?
    - Hope is still a derivative deus ex machina of a character but she was put to good use here.
    - The explanation for Proteus now being sane is fascinating and bears much closer exploration of his current character.

The whole vibe of the book is, again, both awe-inspiring and very ominous. We're supposed to feel both liberated and disturbed. Storm's ritual was basically a cult rally, but you get behind it because you empathize with them. You're exhilarated too. The X-Men are now an Eternals-level threat. They cannot be readily wiped out. They have a global currency to trade with. They have fulfilled En Sabah Nur's vision as well as Moira's and Xavier's. And that's incredibly exciting and also unnerving.

The X-Men are scary and bold again for the first time in almost twenty years, and that's great to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Well yeah they can make Proteust empty bodies, they can give him a couple. I still don't think Monet will be thrilled about this lol.

I liked that Logan was the one who didn't want them on the Island because I could totally see him being the skeptical one when it comes to villains.
    Monet would hate it. Because if they need Xavier genetic template for the eggs that house Proteus, for Emplate to eat they would have to use Monet DNA, because his own is magically mutated. Supercreepy.

Spectacular Member

A clone is a clone.
    Last edited by Wolverine12; 09-18-2019 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Too early for this type of snark