Page 47 of 434 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I find the seed packet promotion interesting. The theories and rumors have me thinking of Krakoa, Polaris sent that mfer to space in Giant size 1 (getting a facsimile edition soon), have we seen him since?? I know krakoa kid was in Aaron’s wolverine and X-men. The red skies, Mars, and ex nihlo stuff could tie into that but idk. Hope manifold plays a roll in this. I like that he’s related to Gateway.

Also, even tho it was from the first class movie, Moira was Mi6 or CIA. Maybe Hickman is running with that a lil bit...

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Jean and the young mutant "student?" are shown walking through a portal of some sort...So maybe the mutants will have a doorway linking them to Earth and...wherever?
    They could be living off-world but still "work" on Earth.
    The Mansion is back (or at least Cyke’s team have a Mansion to call a base, thanks to Karma).....stands to reason when the missing team members return Forge would cobble together some upgrades (like a dimension door, unless that’s Manifold’s doing......).

Krakoa makes sense if the X-Men need a additional training spot/ backup base (as the Mansion gets trashed every other few months.....a base that can defend itself is logical)

I was thinking the weird plants were either The World from Weapon Plus, or Tabula Rasa

Those seem like concepts that Hickman would like

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I was thinking the weird plants were either The World from Weapon Plus, or Tabula Rasa

Oh yeah I totally agree he’d be into those concepts. Maybe he is doing something with them as their is that weapon plus one shot in July about weapon x Wolverine and captain America weapon I

I feel Hickman will bring politics into it so I’m thinking a government link in someway

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Did anybody else find it weird how Magik and Kurt in that cover are actually recolored versions of the mystery characters from the first teaser?
    I wonder what's up with that. I was almost 100% sure those new characters were their descendants, not Magik and Kurt themselves...
    It intrigues me too.
    And in the preview page of Powers of X we can't see if they are normal or recolored:

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

"Most convincingly, the House of X cover reveals the X-Men emerging from some portal (one similar to those the mutant Manifold created in Hickman’s Avengers) surrounded by deep green vines and plant growth onto a world with a deep red sky. The scene is nearly identical to Dustin Weaver’s depiction of the garden of Mars as created by Ex Nihilo."

https://i0.wp.com/www.xavierfiles.co...ze=1010%2C1024

I'm stoked either way!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    I don't think the Hickman era is going to be delicate at all to the people who just want to see their favourite character ("WHERE'S LORNA!") rise to prominance, haha. But for people who want to see soap opera, big stakes and narrative drive, I think they will be fine.
    Since you're specifically mentioning Lorna, I'll chime in.

Lorna has bigger reasons for use than simply "I want my fave to get some." If that's all it was, her situation would be no different than a lot of characters. The complicating factor is that she has decades of poor depictions, and the impact they've had on perception of her at Marvel. Because of blind nostalgia, established views they don't want to question, Lorna is seriously undervalued at Marvel. This leads to them thinking she's not viable for practically anything other than making other characters (usually men, e.g. Havok) look good.

Prime example: Gifted. When it launched, Marvel gave Blink a relaunched Exiles book and put her on a team. But when the show's version of Lorna broke out unexpectedly? Nothing. Possible popularity for Blink was enough to give her stuff, but actual popularity for Lorna wasn't.

That's not even going into all the bits and pieces over time, like how it took 43 years for Lorna to finally get her origin story told (which Marvel didn't promote). Bottom line, Lorna isn't a random character on a level playing field that simply happens to miss out vs other characters in equal need. She's maligned by mistaken assumptions about her worth and potential at Marvel. The only way to truly fix that within Marvel is having to make an actual effort at reassessing what they think they know about her. Which means using her for real. As a character in her own right. With storylines (Genosha, Apocalypse cult, Malice) and relationships (Scarlet Witch, Jean Grey, Iceman, Quicksilver) that haven't been acknowledged or used in years to decades.

Hickman can focus on "soap opera, big stakes and narrative drive" while this is done for Lorna, whether by him or someone else. In fact, Lorna is ideal for breaking new and interesting ground on all three specifically because she hasn't been used and explored enough in the past 50 years since her creation.

Quote Originally Posted by mbm721 View Post
    I find the seed packet promotion interesting. The theories and rumors have me thinking of Krakoa, Polaris sent that mfer to space in Giant size 1 (getting a facsimile edition soon), have we seen him since?? I know krakoa kid was in Aaron’s wolverine and X-men. The red skies, Mars, and ex nihlo stuff could tie into that but idk. Hope manifold plays a roll in this. I like that he’s related to Gateway.
    If Krakoa and Giant Size X-Men are involved, hopefully Marvel acknowledges Lorna was there and did what she did. I recall another Lorna fan saying that at one point, Marvel later tried to claim Jean launched Krakoa into space instead.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I don't think the Hickman era is going to be delicate at all to the people who just want to see their favourite character ("WHERE'S LORNA!") rise to prominance, haha. But for people who want to see soap opera, big stakes and narrative drive, I think they will be fine.
    I agree. Jean is my favorite but she was gone for years and it didn't stop me from reading. I don't fault people for wanting more visibility for their favorite characters (except when it's the only thing they ever talk about in every thread) but I think Hickman's run will be interesting and reinvigorating.

Hickman run on Avengers wasn't a soap opera, very far away from that.

Polaris could use some justice. Obviously she won't be one of the main characters

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I agree. Jean is my favorite but she was gone for years and it didn't stop me from reading. I don't fault people for wanting more visibility for their favorite characters (except when it's the only thing they ever talk about in every thread) but I think Hickman's run will be interesting and reinvigorating.
    I only started reading when Jean come back

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

There's like 6 Hickman threads. Ease up.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    One shall stand, four shall fall!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Since you're specifically mentioning Lorna, I'll chime in.

Lorna has bigger reasons for use than simply "I want my fave to get some." If that's all it was, her situation would be no different than a lot of characters. The complicating factor is that she has decades of poor depictions, and the impact they've had on perception of her at Marvel. Because of blind nostalgia, established views they don't want to question, Lorna is seriously undervalued at Marvel. This leads to them thinking she's not viable for practically anything other than making other characters (usually men, e.g. Havok) look good.

Prime example: Gifted. When it launched, Marvel gave Blink a relaunched Exiles book and put her on a team. But when the show's version of Lorna broke out unexpectedly? Nothing. Possible popularity for Blink was enough to give her stuff, but actual popularity for Lorna wasn't.

That's not even going into all the bits and pieces over time, like how it took 43 years for Lorna to finally get her origin story told (which Marvel didn't promote). Bottom line, Lorna isn't a random character on a level playing field that simply happens to miss out vs other characters in equal need. She's maligned by mistaken assumptions about her worth and potential at Marvel. The only way to truly fix that within Marvel is having to make an actual effort at reassessing what they think they know about her. Which means using her for real. As a character in her own right. With storylines (Genosha, Apocalypse cult, Malice) and relationships (Scarlet Witch, Jean Grey, Iceman, Quicksilver) that haven't been acknowledged or used in years to decades.

Hickman can focus on "soap opera, big stakes and narrative drive" while this is done for Lorna, whether by him or someone else. In fact, Lorna is ideal for breaking new and interesting ground on all three specifically because she hasn't been used and explored enough in the past 50 years since her creation.

If Krakoa and Giant Size X-Men are involved, hopefully Marvel acknowledges Lorna was there and did what she did. I recall another Lorna fan saying that at one point, Marvel later tried to claim Jean launched Krakoa into space instead.

I always thought Polaris was the strongest for a long time bc of how she beat Krakoa. Hope she’s involved

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Wheels within wheels, threads within threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    One shall stand, four shall fall!
    I'm no mathematician but that math seems a bit off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I'm no mathematician but that math seems a bit off.
    As you can see, my computer is perfect. And so is its calculator, thank you.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate