Page 234 of 434 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284334 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 6499
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I take it you didn't read HoX 2?
    Each issue is released two weeks apart.
    Issue 1 24th July
    Issue 2 7th August
    Issue 3 14th August
    Even if you are only reading HoX...it's still only two weeks between issues.
    It's still a month between issues that some are invested in. I liked HOX 1. But have been indifferent to POX 1 - POX 3, which is a month's worth of story. I don't get what's hard to understand about that.

Personally, I am interested in all the present-day X-Men moving forward, but that has not happened since HOX 1. From there to this issue, and most likely next week is a month's worth of issues.

And coming off things like Age of X and Uncanny, some things just feel like a slow burn for fans anxious to finally see the present X-Men in 616 moving forward given the 6 month stall waiting for this series, then the other month stall after HOX 1. Because nothing in-between that & HOX 3 deals with the X-Men.

If you enjoy, great. But people who are a bit annoyed, impatient, or disappointed will always post as well. Everything will not always be 100% positive with no disappointment.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-14-2019 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I take it you didn't read HoX 2?
    Each issue is released two weeks apart.
    Issue 1 24th July
    Issue 2 7th August
    Issue 3 21st August
    Even if you are only reading HoX...it's still only two weeks between issues.
    Next week is PoX again then the two weeks following are HoX. Only then does it revert to alternate weeks.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    It's still a month between issues that some are invested in. I liked HOX 1. But have been indifferent to POX 1 - POX 3, which is a month's worth of story. I don't get what's hard to understand about that.

Personally, I am interested in all the present-day X-Men moving forward, but that has not happened since HOX 1. From there to this issue, and most likely next week is a month's worth of issues.

And coming off things like Age of X and Uncanny, some things just feel like a slow burn for fans anxious to finally see the present X-Men in 616 moving forward given the 6 month stall waiting for this series, then the other month stall after HOX 1. Because nothing in-between that & HOX 3 deals with the X-Men.

If you enjoy, great. But people who are a bit annoyed, impatient, or disappointed will always post as well. Everything will not always be 100% positive with no disappointment.
    6 Months? This isn’t a six month story. It’s 12 weeks.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    6 Months? This isn’t a six month story. It’s 12 weeks.
    I said 6 month stall "waiting for this series", aka Age of X-Man & Uncanny that we got over the course of 6 months waiting for Hickman's stuff to be ready. 6 months of filler. Then HOX 1. And for some, another month of slow setup before HOX 3 where we get back to a main team of current-day X-Men rather that only being in the past & future.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-14-2019 at 02:14 PM.

I said 6 month stall "Waiting for this series", aka Age of X-Man & Uncanny that we just got done with that lasted 6 months until Hickman's HOX was ready.
    Ah. Well that’s just your subjective appraisal of the last few months. For some of us Age of X-Man was quite enjoyable. I know some even liked Uncanny, but there is no accounting for taste.

BANNED

How have you read PoX3?

Ah. Well that’s just your subjective appraisal of the last few months. For some of us Age of X-Man was quite enjoyable. I know some even liked Uncanny, but there is no accounting for taste.
    Did I say it was a fact? No. Everything on here is a subjective opinion. Didn't think it needed announcing. But if they most. Lets review/

First quote

Recent quote
    I said 6 month stall "waiting for this series", aka Age of X-Man & Uncanny that we got over the course of 6 months waiting for Hickman's stuff to be ready. 6 months of filler. Then HOX 1. And for some, another month of slow setup before HOX 3 where we get back to a main team of current-day X-Men rather that only being in the past & future.
    I didn't say everyone shared the opinion. I am expressing mine, which I have seen some share, and I am explaining that position. Obviously some disagree. Such as the fans who loved this issue, and all of them thus far.

Others liked the issues ok, but are ready to finally get back to core X-Men.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-14-2019 at 02:23 PM.

Did I say it was a fact? No. E Everything on here is a subjective opinion. Didn't think it needed announcing. But if they most. Lets review.
    I was being humorous. I wasn’t judging you. I misunderstood your six moths thing then tried to just make light of it because I have no reason to make you reappraise a story you didn’t enjoy.

I was being humorous. I wasn’t judging you. I misunderstood your six moths thing then tried to just make light of it because I have no reason to make you reappraise a story you didn’t enjoy.
    Sorry. Online it's hard to tell. So it's best to use "lol" or an emoji for joke. The issue was fine enough, but I was hoping for a bit more present day that sadly wasn't given this issue. Hickman stated outright that POX was about past history & future effects. I just always hope for a few pages worth of inclusion on the present X-Men, rather than just 1. Then the cover had lots of current characters, and 4/5 were not in the issue. Which was another annoyance with lying covers. lol

So just mild frustration on the wait & anticipation. I don't think any issues have been bad, but sadly there just hasn't been much investment on my end for HOX 2 and POX 2. POX 3 hasn't come out, but most likely that's dealing with the future characters again too, so I don't expect much there either. Unless we cut to a few pages of the X-Men toward the end.

• For HOX 2, I loved seeing Destiny again. But that was my biggest thing for the issue.
    • POX 1, I liked seeing Xavier & Magneto, then the shadiness set up between them & Mystique was great. But not too much after that.
    • Then this issue had Scott setting up for the assault, which I enjoyed. But not much besides that.

So the present-day cameos & Destiny have been good, but just be nice for a bit more in-between week long waits. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-14-2019 at 02:32 PM.

Sorry. Online it's hard to tell. So it's best to use "lol" or an emoji for joke. The issue was fine enough, but I was hoping for a bit more present day that sadly wasn't given this issue. Hickman stated outright that POX was about past history & future effects. I just always hope for a few pages worth of inclusion on the present X-Men, rather than just 1. Then the cover had lots of current characters, and 4/5 were not in the issue. Which was another annoyance with lying covers. lol

So just mild frustration on the wait & anticipation. I don't think any issues are bad, but sadly there just hasn't been much investment on my end for HOX 1 and POX 2. POX 3 hasn't come out, but most likely that's dealing with the future characters again too, so I don't expect much there either. Unless we cut to a few pages of the X-Men toward the end.
    People like me obsess over small details and reread things like this over and over. So while I get that some just want the X-Men story to continue, this for me is so much fun.

People like me obsess over small details and reread things like this over and over. So while I get that some just want the X-Men story to continue, this for me is so much fun.
    I vent frustration, but I have no fault with Hickman. He's been planning the story for over a year, so he knows what he's doing. This is just my personal taste again. I tend to be crazy about things that aren't that popular with the masses, so sadly I stay disappointed in many areas in fiction. Nobody's fault, just the curse for my own likes.

Not just X-Men. My taste in contrary in lots of things.
    • Everyone seems to love Ross x Rachel. I thought they were toxic & brought out the worst in each other. My OTP was Monica x Chandler. I liked watching episodes about them than the Ross x Rachel saga.
    • I LOVED the first half of Buffy. When she had Angel, Willow was with Oz, and Spike wasn't around. But that is a HEAVY minority opinion. Many loved the second half of the show, I hardly watch it. I hated Spike, I hated what he did to Buffy's character, I hated Dawn, Anya was annoying, and I couldn't get invested in Willow x Tara.
    • Then there's lots of favorites I had that start off dark, mysterious, and badass, then they devolve into jobbers. Manga character who were great, and ruined in anime adaptations. And the few favorites who stayed badass were hardly ever around.
    • With X-Men, most forum wise already know some of my likes that haven't done well. lol mainly with favorites.

Just small examples. So this isn't on Hickman's. Once again what I am interested in just requires a longer wait and what I like (or would) is not in the plans. Business as usual. It'd be nice if I loved the stuff the masses love, then I could be in the catered-to demographic. But no luck so far. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-14-2019 at 02:51 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Next week is PoX again then the two weeks following are HoX. Only then does it revert to alternate weeks.
    Ah! I see where I'm misunderstanding. I was thinking HoX and PoX are releasing on alternate weeks throughout.
    I do aplogise to Silver Fang.

It'd be nice if I loved the stuff the masses love, then I could be in the catered-to demographic. But no luck so far. lol
    Frankly I am amazed that this has garnered such universally positive buzz. Hickman is by no means for everyone. I can’t imagine even a tiny fraction of the people chatting enthusiastically about this have read Black Monday Murders for example.

Have to say, I’ve yet to see a review or news piece on this latest issue that doesn’t get at least some basic fact about what happened in the story wrong. Maybe more diagrams are needed.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I've read BMM and quite enjoyed it...as I have the majority of Hickman's work.
    BMM and X-Men are two separate worlds/concepts so...you really cannot compare both even though they're written by the same writer.
    Creator owned/Independently Published work will be different to what's done at the Big 2 in the sense that one is original work and the other is subject to pre-established mythos/continuity/editorial mandates, etc.