Page 155 of 434 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 6499
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    This goes to sell tomorrow on the US right?
    I won't believe them but anybody has any last moment speculation or spoilers?
    Far as I know, book won't be out until Weds.

Sadly no spoilers lol I am trying to guess if Monet's name change will be addressed in HOX/ Why she took that name back. Gabby is Scout now. Monet is gonna use Penance again, which I am kinda happy about because I am tried of "M" myself. It worked for the twins for metaphorical reasons, but Monet didn't need that name.

This goes to sell tomorrow on the US right?
    I won't believe them but anybody has any last moment speculation or spoilers?
    Though to speculate, for some reason i feel sage with jump start some mutants. Almost seems like a waste not to at this point.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Far as I know, book won't be out until Weds.

Sadly no spoilers lol I am trying to guess if Monet's name change will be addressed in HOX/ Why she took that name back. Gabby is Scout now. Monet is gonna use Penance again, which I am kinda happy about because I am tried of "M" myself. It worked for the twins for metaphorical reasons, but Monet didn't need that name.
    Is she gonna be covered in armor?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Is she gonna be covered in armor?
    Monet or Gabby? lol

There hasn't been much shown of the former outside of 2 covers. However, on the character pix, Penance is listed as her name. But she's not inside the body again.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-22-2019 at 06:43 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I think Penance works as a codename for her after the whole M-Plate stuff.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I think Penance works as a codename for her after the whole M-Plate stuff.
    I think Penance, given it's not in use, is a good choice for Monet. 'M' was never a great codename
    Whomever is in the crystalline body now can just be dubbed Hollow now, which was my preference anyway.

I take more issue with Gabby being Scout rather than Honey Badger, Rachel still being Prestige and Jean seemingly taking up the Marvel Girl mantle again

excited for monet to get her 612-spike body armor to fight enemies while limp bizkit's rollin' blares in the background
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I think Penance, given it's not in use, is a good choice for Monet. 'M' was never a great codename
    Whomever is in the crystalline body now can just be dubbed Hollow now, which was my preference anyway.

I take more issue with Gabby being Scout rather than Honey Badger, Rachel still being Prestige and Jean seemingly taking up the Marvel Girl mantle again
    I agree Penance is better name than M .Scout is okay name but Honey Badger is on brand and perfect fit, X-23 feels out in the cold from Wolverine,Honey Badger and Sabertooth. I like Prestige but I am in minority with that one

I think Penance is maybe too dark for Monet. I know she's been through hell, but I see her as the one who wants to be seen as perfect from the outside. She would never announce her suffering to the world like that, IMO.
    Ironically, Prestige seems like a better fit for my view of Monet's character. For Rachel, it's terrible. Rachel should go by Askani instead.

About Jean, it bugs me a lot that they're essentially regressing the most prominent X-Woman to her 70s look and status. Even Marvel Woman would be better. And that costume bugs me to no end. The men like Cyclops and Logan aren't getting that treatment, they even got some cool minor redesigns.
    I'll be even more grossed out if Jean is really back with Scott all of a sudden. Rosenberg's last issue was really cringe worthy.

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I think Penance is maybe too dark for Monet. I know she's been through hell, but I see her as the one who wants to be seen as perfect from the outside. She would never announce her suffering to the world like that, IMO.
    Ironically, Prestige seems like a better fit for my view of Monet's character. For Rachel, it's terrible. Rachel should go by Askani instead.

About Jean, it bugs me a lot that they're essentially regressing the most prominent X-Woman to her 70s look and status. Even Marvel Woman would be better. And that costume bugs me to no end. The men like Cyclops and Logan aren't getting that treatment, they even got some cool minor redesigns.
    I'll be even more grossed out if Jean is really back with Scott all of a sudden. Rosenberg's last issue was really cringe worthy.
    All of a suden? Don't forget that she received the memories of her younger self who was very much into this incarnation of Cyclops.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Adult Jean never stopped loving Cyclops.
    Maybe Cyclops had doubts for a while but the last years he was also very much into Jean too.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-23-2019 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jeeper 2.0 View Post
    All of a suden? Don't forget that she received the memories of her younger self who was very much into this incarnation of Cyclops.
    Adult Jean never stopped loving Cyclops.
    Maybe Cyclops bad doubts for a while but the last years he was also very much into Jean too.
    Best to take this to the Rectangle thread. ANY time Scemma or Jott comes up, it leads to shipping wars. And there's enough of it there, Emma's thread, and the Uncanny thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Could be apart of her character development. We don't really know what she's been up to by this point. JDW said one X-Monday that he couldn't say much about where her head was without revealing what she's been up to. She may have done something she felt horrible enough to declare guilt over. Or maybe she'll end up doing it in HOX. Again, she's been kept under wraps. Even Husk has been on 4 covers to her 2, and we got no interiors for her. She's not the only one, Psylocke has been shafted too, but she, Rogue, and Gambit will have their own team books spinning out of this...M and Husk, not so much.

I was thinking it wouldn't fit because she was trapped inside of a razor sharp body by her brother when she last had the name, and she still showed signs of trauma over it. So taking it back, you'd think would be a reminder of that experience.

Could be apart of her character development. We don't really know what she's been up to by this point. JDW said one X-Monday that he couldn't say much about where her head was without revealing what she's been up to. She may have done something she felt horrible enough to declare guilt over. Or maybe she'll end up doing it in HOX. Again, she's been kept under wraps. Even Husk has been on 4 covers to her 2, and we got no interiors for her. She's not the only one, Psylocke has been shafted too, but she, Rogue, and Gambit will have their own team books spinning out of this...M and Husk, not so much.

I was thinking it wouldn't fit because she was trapped inside of a razor sharp body by her brother when she last had the name, and she still showed signs of trauma over it. So taking it back, you'd think would be a reminder of that experience.
    M is in the most important and the biggest X book of 2019. It is huuuge. And she probably will be later on X-Men flagship. Wouldn`t worry about her because she is Hickman`s favorite.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Best to take this to the Rectangle thread. ANY time Scemma or Jott comes up, it leads to shipping wars. And there's enough of it there, Emma's thread, and the Uncanny thread.
    You're right. Sorry for that.