Page 385 of 434 FirstFirst ... 285335375381382383384385386387388389395 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,775 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Moira now thinks humans are mutants' natural enemies. But she's wrong.

How?

She did live through multiple lives on humans beating mutants down...so how is she wrong?
    Who said that?!

Niffleheim

How would you feel about Precogs working for human govt? Other than Destiny How many powerful precogs are alive anyway?

The whole "keep precogs away from Krakoa" plan doesn't really work, does it? There will still be precog mutants in the world and I'm sure there are ways for them to spill whatever they learn to the island.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    How?

She did live through multiple lives on humans beating mutants down...so how is she wrong?
    Who said that?!
    Her first, original life didn't have any sign of a future devastated by a war between humans and mutants. Then, in all her other lives, because of her interferances, some catastrophical always happens. Can you explain me that?

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    The whole "keep precogs away from Krakoa" plan doesn't really work, does it? There will still be precog mutants in the world and I'm sure there are ways for them to spill whatever they learn to the island.
    yeah, that won't hold up at all lmao, the big fight on Krakoa will always probably revolve around certain mutants finding out whats really going on.
    Moira, X and Magz will definitely get slapped in their faces....literally for keeping this from them.

Her first, original life didn't have any sign of a future devastated by a war between humans and mutants. Then, in all her other lives, because of her interferances, some catastrophical always happens. Can you explain me that?

We don't know anything about a mutant-human war because she lived the life of an ordinary human, her viewpoint was from that of a girl focused on ordinary things such as marriage, education and family. Pretty sure mutants got their behinds handed to them in that life too, it was just off-panel and far away from Moira who came to hate her husband.

We don't know that a catastrophic event didn't happen in life 1. All we know is that it didn't affect Moira's life.

Niffleheim

Yep, Precogs are the crack in Krakoa lol every way one views it. Someone will tally up or notice the powers not allowed in Krakoa and start ask questions
    Last edited by Tofali; 10-10-2019 at 06:01 PM.

Astonishing Member

Do you remember the beginning of Morrison's New XMen, when Cassandra Nova kidnaps the Trask relative that worked as a dentist, and shows him the mental illusion of Homo Sapien cavemen killing Neanderthals?
    Hickman is saying Cassandra Nova was right, at least with regards to that. They are enemy species that can't coexist.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Yep, Precogs are the crack in Krakoa lol every way one views it. Someone will tally up or notice the powers not allowed in Krakoa and start ask questions
    I really want Scott and Logan to ask why Ruth hasn't been brought back. I really want to see her again.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Do you remember the beginning of Morrison's New XMen, when Cassandra Nova kidnaps the Trask relative that worked as a dentist, and shows him the mental illusion of Homo Sapien cavemen killing Neanderthals?
    Hickman is saying Cassandra Nova was right, at least with regards to that. They are enemy species that can't coexist.
    Problem there is it’s basically going with treating mutants and humans as if they are a separate species when they are not. Neanderthals and Homo Sapiens were not the same species and were instead divergent evolutionary species. Mutants, on the other hand, are humans.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Anyways, someone told me that despite this seemingly big status quo change, that this will all eventually get reset.

If that's the case, then I'll say that if eventually turns out they lose their nation and seats of power, then fine, but I still hope that things like the Genosha incident, Decimation, and the Human Council don't happen over and over again to the point of pigeonholing the X-Men into a corner again. There's a limit to how much I'd care to read through that type of material before I lose interest and go back to reading older X-Men, know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Anyways, someone told me that despite this seemingly big status quo change, that this will all eventually get reset.

If that's the case, then I'll say that if eventually turns out they lose their nation and seats of power, then fine, but I still hope that things like the Genosha incident, Decimation, and the Human Council don't happen over and over again to the point of pigeonholing the X-Men into a corner again. There's a limit to how much I'd care to read through that type of material before I lose interest and go back to reading older X-Men, know what I mean?
    sure, you do have a point, we had enough mutant genocides to last us a lifetime, having said that I still don't believe that a x-men franchise carrying a message that says "coexistence is impossible and should not be sought " is something worth celebrating
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    We don't know anything about a mutant-human war because she lived the life of an ordinary human, her viewpoint was from that of a girl focused on ordinary things such as marriage, education and family. Pretty sure mutants got their behinds handed to them in that life too, it was just off-panel and far away from Moira who came to hate her husband.
    We don't know that a catastrophic event didn't happen in life 1. All we know is that it didn't affect Moira's life.
    Haven't you guys see how the Sentinels and Nimrods work? They have ways to detect mutants even if they are latents and they don't even know they are mutants. If something like the attack of the Sentinels would have happened in that life, Moira wouldn't have had any place to hide. The Sentinels would have found her and kill her. And why it didn't happen?, because it simply never happened. Yet, in all her other lifes when she get in the middle of things, the same catastrophe happens. Therefore, all this happens because Moira and other "Mutant Leaders" just can't stop themselves from repeating the same mistakes over and over.

Haven't you guys see how the Sentinels and Nimrods work? They have ways to detect mutants even if they are latents and they don't even know they are mutants. If something like the attack of the Sentinels would have happened in that life, Moira wouldn't have had any place to hide. The Sentinels would have found her and kill her. And why it didn't happen?, because it simply never happened. Yet, in all her other lifes when she get in the middle of things, the same catastrophe happens. Therefore, all this happens because Moira and other "Mutant Leaders" just can't stop themselves from repeating the same mistakes over and over.
    If Cerebro can’t detect Moira’s X-Gene, then how could Sentinels? Her ability cloaks her from everyone, even other mutants.

Sentinels that advanced from the start....like they didnt start with Nimrods. the life that Moira didn't interfere Sentinels didnt need to be able to detect latents cause they nipped mutant before they got a foothold. Also we really dont know how her mutation works, could be her x-gene wasn't detectable until she died
    GrindrStone(D)