Page 420 of 434 FirstFirst ... 320370410416417418419420421422423424430 ... LastLast
Results 6,286 to 6,300 of 6499
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    While You Slept, the World Changed: Answering 12 Important Questions About House of X and Powers of X: https://sktchd.com/longform/while-yo...d-powers-of-x/
    I liked this article.
    It gives a really nice overview of the books without getting bogged down in the "hows and whys" of it all.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I liked this article.
    It gives a really nice overview of the books without getting bogged down in the "hows and whys" of it all.
    Yeah. The title immediately made me think it was another dumb click-bait listicle, but the source was good so I braved that click.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I like this. Good job, "Paul."

http://www.housetoastonish.com/?p=4809
    Good review really takes the meta perspective in regards to how Hickman approaches the franchise.

Ok nevermind. Wrong chat.
    Last edited by CGAR; 10-15-2019 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Magneto in the '60s, '70s and '90s was a straight up supervillain most of the time. Magneto's heel turn back from a reformed villain/X-Man/X-ally in the '80s was pushed in the '90s by Bob Harras and Jim Lee, who wanted a return to the traditional version of the character.

It's been insinuated in PoX that Magneto's original reformation in the '80s was influenced by his learning the truth from Moira, and that his subsequent turn back to villainy was caused by his discovering she manipulated his genetics as revealed in adjectiveless X-Men #1-3 in 1991.
    Okay this cleared it up for me quite a bit so thank you for the brief history lesson. I think even after learning this that Magneto is still giving up less than Xavier but I can see now some of the sacrifice he made. I would still question though if House of M is Moira's endgame though.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesslow View Post
    continuing my re-read of carey's xmen legacy, here's a prescient scene between charles and bennet (do we know why his face is no longer red?)
    Attachment 88272
    i'm wondering why they bothered having James Proudstar say that he thought Exodus looked native-american if the intention was to just make him a frenchman.

Does anyone else think that Moira is so against pre-cogs because she is playing the long game to end mutants? Destiny would see right through her scheme...I mean I might waste a life or two trying to get back at the woman who had me burned alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Does anyone else think that Moira is so against pre-cogs because she is playing the long game to end mutants? Destiny would see right through her scheme...I mean I might waste a life or two trying to get back at the woman who had me burned alive.
    I don't think she means harm to mutants. She's sided with them In Life 9 just before this. And I think she's now old and wise enough to get over Destiny.

I think she is worried that Destiny would judge her and find her efforts wanting, and I think she is worried other precogs would ‘see her’ in the same way Destiny did.

I think her scheme is genuine, but probably flawed and dangerous, but she is set on it.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I don't think she means harm to mutants. She's sided with them In Life 9 just before this. And I think she's now old and wise enough to get over Destiny.
    Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I think she is worried that Destiny would judge her and find her efforts wanting, and I think she is worried other precogs would ‘see her’ in the same way Destiny did.

I think her scheme is genuine, but probably flawed and dangerous, but she is set on it.
    I hope that my theory is wrong and you are both right, but Hickman made heroes blow up entire planets and then made Doom into God last time he played in the Marvel sandbox. Don't get me wrong I loved the journey and the story was worth it but he does have a twisted side to him.

I hope that my theory is wrong and you are both right, but Hickman made heroes blow up entire planets and then made Doom into God last time he played in the Marvel sandbox. Don't get me wrong I loved the journey and the story was worth it but he does have a twisted side to him.
    Oh yes certainly. Moira is clearly not a whiter than white character and she probably has a guilty conscience, but I don’t believe she is evil. I assume Destiny will come back at some point and we will get a clearer answer.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

I was actually thinking the bad guy is Xavier, as for Moira i believe she found the way to keep mutants alive and safe.
    I got it feeling it will end badly. There is a what if issue where at the end Scott fights for humanity because mutants where in the wrong and view them self as gods or better then humans. In todays issue the posthuman said there where wild gods lose, Magneto sees mutants as gods. Again my thoughts come back to Xavier.

BANNED

I’m just surprised that after living in constant struggle for almost two thousand years Moira still cares about the fate of mutants...or anything.

Doesnt make sense to me because mutants are very good at getting exterminated all on their own, if she wants them to die all she has to do is do nothing.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

I was thumbing through the few issues of Carey's Legacy I read back in the day - I'll have to re-read that whole run now, as I dug it pre-Legacy and Hickman is clearly interested in working with it (and I suspect Carey will be writing the Moira book). But just at a glance, some of the early flashback pages with Charles and Moira - along with a lot of old X-Men material, really - would have to come from Life 4. Which is fine, but it'll be interesting to see if Carey is brought in to thread the needle continuity-wise.