Page 112 of 434 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 6499
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    considering Rachel is gone again....I am guessing Elizabeth will be in her place for Excalibur - yay👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
    But is she gone? It was heavily implied she came back with X-Force. And JDW is a huge original cast fan of Excalibur. I wouldn't mind seeing both in Excalibur as they had a good dynamic together before.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    On the one hand, good that there's no X-Factor titled book cause I'm sure it would mean a team book led by Havok with Polaris forced onto it as his girlfriend. On the other, I'm sure Marvel will get its "take things away from Lorna to promote a man" quota in somehow.
    Nah, they'll just put a Malice-controlled Polaris in the Marauders book. It'll be great!

obviously i'm pump about X-Force

I'm intrigued about the books for Wave 1. I'm surprised there is not a Wolverine book? What about X-factor? Fallen Angels and New Mutants do not excite me, but that could change when we have creative teams and team linenups announced.

I assume Scott, Jean, and Wolverine will be in the main X-men book. I do wonder where Rogue, Gambit, and Psylocke will end up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
    Nah, they'll just put a Malice-controlled Polaris in the Marauders book. It'll be great!
    My top guess (and that's all it is; I don't have anything genuinely tangible or properly observed to support it) is that the Marauders book will be led by Magneto, and written by Cullen Bunn. I got the distinct impression at the end of the Magneto solo that Bunn was thinking of that set of Marauders serving Magneto's will.

Unlike other fans, I wouldn't be instantly against Lorna possessed by Malice again, as long as it's done right and respectfully to Lorna, showing who she is and what she's really like at the same time. Lorna having Malice within her but controlling Malice would be an interesting twist.

But, I think what's far more likely is Lorna forced into relationship with Havok and serving as his pet/status booster/helper. Enough people at Marvel have voiced that they view her as a "third tier character" and "hard sell" for whom "there is not the fan demand" that it's pretty clear they're stuck in repressive 90s nostalgia land when it comes to what they think is possible with her.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Bunn said a few months back that he would be off the X-Books for a while. So he's unlikely to be involved in any Wave titles.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
    LOL that does sound amazing. Hopefully she blows up a wedding

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Bunn said a few months back that he would be off the X-Books for a while. So he's unlikely to be involved in any Wave titles.
    Thanks for the info, makes my guess much less likely. Only reason I'm not saying "Okay, not happening" is cause I could see things changing within a few months.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

BANNED

Calling Lorna a third tier character is generous imo. I would have gone with 4th tier.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Thanks for the info, makes my guess much less likely. Only reason I'm not saying "Okay, not happening" is cause I could see things changing within a few months.
    While her connection to Magneto is kinda weak, you don't think Hickman would use that as a seed to do stuff with Lorna?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    While her connection to Magneto is kinda weak, you don't think Hickman would use that as a seed to do stuff with Lorna?
    It's possible, but unlikely. I think the most we'll see Hickman do with Lorna in terms of relationship with her father is whatever happens with the Greeneto thing (if that's connected at all), and maybe one story arc somewhere down the line.
    Last edited by salarta; 07-19-2019 at 10:57 PM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I really, really hope we get Lady Mastermind back on the Marauders book. She’ll be a great thorn in Emma’s or Magneto’s side.

BANNED

So many filthy casuals who haven't heard of falllen angels.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    So many filthy casuals who haven't heard of falllen angels.
    My new favorite pejorative