Page 75 of 434 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 6499

Seeing gay people exist in an X-men comic was nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    we've seen Roxy and Ben Deeds in other books/stories wasn't a need to create some Tumblr dripping alternative sexuality book for that .. esp not one sharing GenXs name

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Only things I liked were Jubilee being re-powered & her relationship with Jono, which Rosenberg has just crapped on recently. lol

And lastly. Monet's design.
    Attachment 84486
    Best she's looked in ages, but still got nothing on Steven Pugh's thicc GenX Monet.
    Eh. I thought the Gen X V2 was great and it kind of suprises me people who claimed to love the original run given Bachalo's style at the time didn't think the art on this one was just as good in it's own way. Emma looked 12 in some of Bachalo old art. As for the story i thought most the characters were interesting, loved how jubilee was repowered, the telemetry powers were interesting and this book single handled repowered Jubilee and gave Monet some much needed spotlight to be saved after running around inhabited by her brother. And quintin got a nice moment. I thought this was a great book for Jubilee and transitioning her from student to mentor while not aging her up.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

We are getting so close to Hickman's X-men. I'm re-reading Morrison's run (for the untold time) and I just want a return to greatness for the X-men. The X-men should be weird. They should be stylized and something different. Trying to make them a generic superhero book was wrong. They should have a different and distinct feel than an Avengers book or any other superhero book. The X-men should be about evolution, change, social politics, and an exploration of mutant culture. You can do all that and still have the book be about a specific group of mutants. Again Morrison gave the X-men style but Scott, Jean, Beast, Emma, etc felt so real probably more so than they ever had. Hickman is also great at dialogue (though he misses the quirkiness of Morrison). It is such an exciting time and I hope Hickman delivers. There is a lot of hype but the X-men had become stale with the current direction.

Less than two weeks away now..

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    We are getting so close to Hickman's X-men. I'm re-reading Morrison's run (for the untold time) and I just want a return to greatness for the X-men. The X-men should be weird. They should be stylized and something different. ..
    Hickman has said that he likes Morrison’s run, so I am optimistic!

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    we've seen Roxy and Ben Deeds in other books/stories wasn't a need to create some Tumblr dripping alternative sexuality book for that .. esp not one sharing GenXs name
    I’m still mad we haven’t even gotten that far with Roxy and Cessily. They only get to hold hands (whoa so romantic), but Morph and Hindsight have the entire 12 issues dedicated to their slow burn. Even Nature Girl and EYE BOY had something but the only black lesbian in the X-Men couldn’t get a storyline besides trauma. Even Monet got treated like **** by Jubilee and Chamber who couldn’t care to be a little bit more compassionate for their friend who was literally being possessed by her evil brother. Some characters didn’t get the due justice they deserved, Quentin was too busy hogging up all that time, space, and sympathy.

All in all, Generation X was OKAY.

I didn't know that Gen X had the same "NOT MUH" issue as older teams like Champions or Agents of Atlas.
    I'm perfectly ok with a new generation of mutants to take the name of former long-running young mutant teams, like "New Mutants" or "Generation X"
    I just wish the line-up had been better than Pink Haired Poochie, Stalker Drama Queen, She-Rudolph, and Visimajoris Jr.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Gay characters on x-men, what a new concept

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I didn't know that Gen X had the same "NOT MUH" issue as older teams like Champions or Agents of Atlas.
    I'm perfectly ok with a new generation of mutants to take the name of former long-running young mutant teams, like "New Mutants" or "Generation X"
    I just wish the line-up had been better than Pink Haired Poochie, Stalker Drama Queen, She-Rudolph, and Visimajoris Jr.
    Maaaaybe if it had been good id he okay with using Gen X name but i doubt it. it only irks me (as irked as it can) when it comes to the X-Teams becaaause their names msxd sense i hated New Mutants vol2 eith the New Mutants squad....I haaaaaated when X-Force was turned into .... whatever meta commentary X-Statix hate the X-Force killl squad (buuut that was a good run!) Gen X is eyerolling not only cause it muddy's the water of the OG series, the name doesn't make sense

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It is weird I feel like the X-men and what fans are judged by contradictory statements.

Everybody has their vision of the X-men, very few people agree on much when it comes to the X-men. What is bad for ones is the best for others and viceversa.
    If some things don't change people complain but if they change too much they risk stopping being the very thing that you liked in the first place.
    Even if things change, that same changing nature makes sure that those changes will be undone by others so nothing is enduring.
    What I honestly hope is that Hickman writes the story he wants to write, rather than trying to write the story he thinks readers want. I’m a pretty lapsed X-Men reader since the days of Whedon and Cassaday, but checking in from time to time. Other than a couple of brief bright spots over the past 15 years or so, I think that’s what we’ve been getting...the stories that the writers think we want. (Perhaps more accurately, the stories that the writers have been allowed to give us because editorial mandate tries to give the readers what they want, but that’s beside the point.)

So, having said that, I think what we have to do as readers is keep an open mind. Let him tell the story he wants to tell and see where it goes. Stop worrying about the presence or portrayal of specific characters, and look at the actual story. Just looking at the posts here, there’s no way to satisfy everyone. I mean, there are characters I love and would like to see handled well....but if it’s not in the cards because it doesn’t match Hickman’s plans, then so be it. I wouldn’t want him to change his story to cater to my specific desires.

I do expect that he’s going to be playing with the entire mythos and cast, so I think we’ll see most characters at some point. Obviously, there are certain characters that will get more focus than others. I do expect for the most part that the characters will be handled well, and I don’t expect a lot of deaths. Hickman tends to not rely on that all too much. Not without their eventual return already being planned. When the AvX event happened, I’m pretty sure Hickman was the one who argued the strongest against killing Xavier.

I’m psyched for the X-Men for the first time in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    What I honestly hope is that Hickman writes the story he wants to write, rather than trying to write the story he thinks readers want.
    I don't think there's a risk that he will compromise. It looks like when he has accepted to be in charge, it was because he would have free hands.
    Last edited by Zelena; 07-14-2019 at 12:09 PM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Other than a couple of brief bright spots over the past 15 years or so, I think that’s what we’ve been getting...the stories that the writers think we want. (Perhaps more accurately, the stories that the writers have been allowed to give us because editorial mandate tries to give the readers what they want, but that’s beside the point.)
    Yeah, I think it's even worse- editorial didn't think the readers wanted to lose 99% of the mutant population, or that readers wanted Cyclops to be portrayed as WRONG and EVIL since Schism and for that to continue even now, nearly 8 years later, or for the Terrigen cloud to kill mutants. They did because that's what they wanted to do, even if they knew the readers would hate it.

When the AvX event happened, I’m pretty sure Hickman was the one who argued the strongest against killing Xavier.
    Yeah, and he even complained because he was the one that suggested bring Xavier to the story, but had no intention of him being killed, let alone by Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I don't think there's a risk that he will compromise. It looks like when he has accepted to be in charge, it was because he would have free hands.
    Yeah absolutely. I don’t think he’d have agreed to the gig without making sure he wasn’t going to be restricted in that way. Which is a huge plus in my book.

Mighty Member

I'm hoping editorial isn't going to be stupid and mandate a "Days of Future Past, Present, and Future: Someone Buy Us a Watch" story or a Phoenix story.

How many pages is HoX #1?