Page 408 of 434 FirstFirst ... 308358398404405406407408409410411412418 ... LastLast
Results 6,106 to 6,120 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Because everyone always follows the law at all times, and there totally aren't a bunch of people on the council who breaks 20 or 30 laws before breakfast every day...
    The rule is flexible, as we saw Monet kill some on the orchis mission. if the situation allows it then they can kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Steering complaints away from retcons for a moment.

I got a different, albeit I think equally as big issue with Hickman's X-men. And it's a Hickman problem that I feel permeates in his Avengers as well

Hickman loves to push all his terrible OCs. And it's what I think makes PoX insufferable in a way that HoX is not. I got an issue with the whole retconning to justify other retcons, but that's more a personable gripe over wasted effort. But holy **** is X^2 and X^3 the definition of ZZZ inducing nothingness.

Like having entire sections of a story dedicated to Ex Nihilo or Pod(Pre-Ewing)
    x² and X³ are too long.

I agree X³ went on longer than necessary. X², I was fine with.

Because everyone always follows the law at all times, and there totally aren't a bunch of people on the council who breaks 20 or 30 laws before breakfast every day...
    I guess we'll have to see how it plays out.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

x² and X³ are too long.
    They both should have lasted one chapter. Just dedicate like half a chapter to each part and then shuffle them the hell off cause they ain't interesting.

It's especially hilarious in X^2's case given the level of promotion for that total NOTHING

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    They actually share the same demographics and use very much the same language as certain people who want "ethics in ***ing journalism". It's particular evident in the anti-Hickman youtubers I have seen.
    I’ve noticed that too. People who tend to be on the “X-Men are eeeeeevil” train are more than likely also preferring when they had to compromise their existence so humans who didn’t give two shits about them felt safe.

Funny, the pro-Hickman YTers are the same ones claiming SJWs are ruining the X-Men.
    Really? Like who because that’s honestly surprising considering the story is steeped in “fight the oppressor! reclaim what’s been taken from you!” energy that’s especially akin to the BLM and gay liberation movements.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Really? Like who because that’s honestly surprising considering the story is steeped in “fight the oppressor! reclaim what’s been taken from you!” energy that’s especially akin to the BLM and gay liberation movements.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcl...5XVehdYNXEx59w

I've had the disfortune of getting a video by this Comicsgator recommended to me by the wonderful Youtube algorithm around July (not knowing he was a gator), listened to him rant about how Hickman is going to write anti-Trump propaganda (and how X-Men comics are only good when there's only a handful of mutants that don't serve as a minority metaphor) and then, because of that same wonderful Youtube algorithm, kept being recommended his new videos every week but they all had positive headlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post

I've had the disfortune of getting a video by this Comicsgator recommended to me by the wonderful Youtube algorithm around July (not knowing he was a gator), listened to him rant about how Hickman is going to write anti-Trump propaganda (and how X-Men comics are only good when there's only a handful of mutants that don't serve as a minority metaphor) and then, because of that same wonderful Youtube algorithm, kept being recommended his new videos every week but they all had positive headlines.
    Yep, that's the one that was recommended to me too.

By the power vested in me by God Doom, I officially declare the X^3 story to be legally defined as DOPE, and we all love it.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I notice this attitude pops up a lot these days among the "**** the flatscans" movement. I feel like the entire message of the X-Men since their inception gets completely lost. Especially since the X-Men have no less than 15 mutants who could destroy a country by themselves. The only reason mutants don't just genocide the humans is because "they're the good guys". Now that they operate in darker shades, what is logically stopping them from simply annihilating humanity to prevent any more Sentinels from being built?
    Define darker shades?
    Just because they aren't tap dancing for human approval does not mean they are operate in 'darker shades'.
    They have a plan and a reason to look after their own, they were near extinction for gods sake...a hand full of times and here you and a bunch of other people talking about Xavier's old dream and them being villains, it doesn't make SENSE.

They want to survive, the x-men has always been about surviving, I don't see the theme ever changing because all Hickman did was advance it and throw mutants into a much needed new era.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 10-13-2019 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Define darker shades?
    Just because they aren't tap dancing for human approval does not mean they are operate in 'darker shades'.
    They have a plan and a reason to look after their own, they were near extinction for gods sake...a hand full of times and here you and a bunch of other people talking about Xavier's old dream and them being villains, it doesn't make SENSE.

They want to survive, the x-men has always been about surviving, I don't see the theme ever changing because all Hickman did was advance it and throw mutants into a much needed new era.
    I never said they were villains. I did say they are impossible to root for anymore. They have at least 15 mutants who can destroy countries, their council has five people who tried to commit mass genocide (one of which worked at the concentration camps with the Nazis), they are functionally immortal, and they've entirely abandoned the original dream of coexistence. They are at an overwhelming advantage. There isn't a logical reason for a conflict anymore.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

OMGoddess!!! In The Goddess' name...Why???
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-13-2019 at 06:56 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    OMGoddess!!! It's pages and pages of the same shyt! Shovelled by the same two posters...and you all are just feeding it. After three months...aren't you tired? Don't you all want interesting, meaningful and insightful discourse?.
    Even if it's in complete disagreement...shouldn't our conversations be enlightening? Not mind-numbing and repititiously tedious.
    In Goddess's name, why?
    Because change scares people, it always has, and it always will.

Some of us welcome the new direction because it means that the entire line is going to tell new stories that haven't been tried before.

Whomever thought that the New Mutants would tell the story of a mission to space to gather allies for the new nation of Krakoa.

Whomever thought that the X-books would actually do an entire book that is actually centred on the members of the Hellfire Club. Mind you I have always wanted this so I am super happy about it. It may not be called Hellfire Club, and it's called Marauders, but come on, it's about Emma, Kate, and Sebastian manoeuvring around each other to influence trade world wide. It has Kate Pryde dressing in a Red King Pirate outfit and looking better than ever, along with Emma Frost rotating fashionable business suits from issue to issue, it's going to be awesome.

To me this is a natural evolution of mutants toward uniting together and the growing pains of trying to form a country and be acknowledged as a country by the humans of the Earth. They are still trying to get along with humans, they are just doing it differently than in the past and they are proactively standing up for themselves instead of re-actively standing up for themselves.

But it is a big change in direction, it's similar to taking the Genosha era and centering the entire story on the nation of Genosha rather than at the School in the United States.

I think some people feel that the X-Men will never be heroes again, whereas I think they will go on a lot of missions where they are heroes, they might even do it in a way that the Avengers have never done in the past, I could see a 2 or 3 issue arc where the X-Men are called to go on a mission at the behest of the United Nations and Krakoa is asked for emergency support aid someplace in the world. The United Nations decides to take advantage of the fact that Krakoa is a member nation and ask them if they would send out a response team to assist in a global disaster zone.

I am kind of finding the discussion getting a bit exhausting now, I get why some people don't like the new direction I really do, the problem is that I will never agree with them and I realize I will never convince anyone of my point of view either.

This is why one poster said we have reached an impasse, everyone has taken their side and dug in on their opinion and it's getting harder and harder to find common ground with each other.

I like the new direction, I like what Hickman has done, I like the amazing new stories that he is going to tell. I love the idea that I can read a book where frigging Apocalypse is protecting Rictor while they take down a threat together. Hickman is making Apocalypse ship-able with Rictor, Moira, and others, whoever thought that would ever happen. Whoever thought I would see an upcoming comic where Apocalypse is looking super fine in a business suit going to world wide political conference with Erik and Charles.

Whoever thought I would see the day where I want like 9 different miniseries covering the different lives of Moira X and to eventually have all the mini series collected together in an omnibus edition. Jonathan Hickman if you are reading this I want an entire 12 issue mini-series about life 8 and 9, especially about life 9. Give me the greatest romance ever written in Marvel Comics, the story of Moira X and Apocalypse!
    Last edited by RachelGrey; 10-13-2019 at 07:15 PM.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    OMGoddess!!! It's pages and pages of the same shyt! Shovelled by the same two posters...and you all are just feeding it. After three months...aren't you tired? Don't you all want interesting, meaningful and insightful discourse?.
    Even if it's in complete disagreement...shouldn't our conversations be enlightening? Not mind-numbing and repititiously tedious.
    In Goddess's name, why?
    Because no one wants to listen. Everyone keeps arguing past each other and arguing points we come up with on the spot (myself included, something I need to work on).

It's frustrating because this was promised as the future of mutants and the future of X-Men comics, and what we got was them lighting Xavier's dream up like a candle and dancing around the ashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post

Had to click off. I can’t process what I just listened to.

Yep, that's the one that was recommended to me too.
    That’s INSANE. I didn’t think it was possible to miss the point by so far a margin. It just seemed so unreasonable to think you could get a message out of what Hickman is doing yet be so blatantly bigoted with the channel content.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    By the power vested in me by God Doom, I officially declare the X^3 story to be legally defined as DOPE, and we all love it.
    Effectively immediate.

Because no one wants to listen. Everyone keeps arguing past each other and arguing points we come up with on the spot (myself included, something I need to work on).

It's frustrating because this was promised as the future of mutants and the future of X-Men comics, and what we got was them lighting Xavier's dream up like a candle and dancing around the ashes.
    I guess this is the point of disagreement that we aren't going to be able to overcome.

I feel like Dawn of X has reinvigorated the franchise and found a new way to tell stories about mutants that still works within existing canon. But it's because I like a lot of what is being presented.
    1. I like that the mutants are finally establishing an independent nation to stand on the world stage with humans as equals.
    2. I like that the are taking a concept I always wanted explored more, Emma Frost and the Hellfire Club and they are making these things a critical part of the new direction.
    3. I love that Jean, Emma, and Elizabeth all get something to do at the same time and not one of them is getting written out or sidelined (<sob> Rachel) and it gives me a hopeful feeling to see all the X-Men celebrating together and united again.

But I understand your feelings on this, I really do, I just don't agree and I don't think I will ever agree. This new era of X-Men comics, I am all in on this and I will read as many of the books as I can afford to buy monthly and the rest I will read on Marvel Unlimited because I want to follow this story and explore all aspects of it.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”