Page 180 of 434 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230280 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Mutants = Elves

Love trees, isolation and learning their own magic.

On a serious note, I wonder if X-Men's connection to Eternals is going to explored by Hickman. Also the Krokoa resurrection is cool but does that explain thing(s) like Dazzler and Cannonball's immortality?
    What a bunch of hippies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    It’s cuz Polaris wasnt in it so Marvel just hates the character and has some hidden agenda against her despite being featured in the last big crossover and getting a Marvel Legends released. Ive read it in every Xmen thread so it MUST be true.��
    THE SHADE OF IT ALL.

I mean I can predict what happens too if I keep my guesses general and vague enough just going by solicits doesn't mean the story will be "predictable".

I really love how Hickman wrote Cyclops here and even more so how the FF reacted to him (not as a mutant terrorist but as an actual friend). Hopefully this means Marvel's done kicking Cyclops around.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    It’s cuz Polaris wasnt in it so Marvel just hates the character and has some hidden agenda against her despite being featured in the last big crossover and getting a Marvel Legends released. Ive read it in every Xmen thread so it MUST be true.��
    Oh yeah, i know, we all know.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    THE SHADE OF IT ALL.

I mean I can predict what happens too if I keep my guesses general and vague enough just going by solicits doesn't mean the story will be "predictable".

I really love how Hickman wrote Cyclops here and even more so how the FF reacted to him (not as a mutant terrorist but as an actual friend). Hopefully this means Marvel's done kicking Cyclops around.

Apparently there was some interesting notes about the Cyclops/FF scene in the DC.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I love early issues of Hickman runs. They have such potential, often so much going on and so many balls in the air.

This is a new cold war, but one we haven't seen in the MU before. Mankind genuinely having reason to fear the mutants. Not paranoia, not prejudice but raw threat. I love it. I laughed when Cyclops walked into the comic. This is him enacting his destiny. Threatening, cold and deadly serious.

Something has happened here that we don't yet have a handle on. Something that Charles has done perhaps, or something he is committed to do. It is terrifying whatever it is. The mutants here are genuinely scary.
    Yeah I really liked the intro of Orchis. I’m assuming they’ll be a primary foil, but they at least seem to have the potential to not be the one note “rargh die mutie” villains that we usually get. I’m hoping for a nuanced approach. Dr. Gregor seems to have been sympathetic to mutants. Seems refreshing.

I really like the subversion of having the humans being the ones facing extinction. It casts things in a new light. As fans, we’ve always rooted for the mutants in the past, and we accepted all kinds of action on their part in opposition to extinction. Will we readers extend those sympathies to humankind now that they’re the ones facing extinction?

To me, that’s an interesting take. I hope he expands on that and I’m curious to see how readers feel about it. Seems to me neither side is really wrong. And given some of the questionable ethics we’ve seen already by the nation of Krakoa....possibly stealing plans for high tech weapons, cooperation with known criminals like Mystique and Creed, trying to grant Creed amnesty....it’s hard to really view the X-Men entirely as protagonists at this point.

Lots of questions, no clear cut moral stance....it’s good stuff.

Astonishing Member

Charles Xavier has made you an offer one full of grace and brotherly love but one that is also written in stone.

This is not a negotiation. Things will be different now, and the sooner you realize the finality of your situation and the inevitability of ours the sooner you will learn to be grateful for the things we are so generously giving you.
    I LOVE this quote so much it's so in character and also so meta I feel like Hickman is speaking to the reader and basically saying "This is the way things are gonna be from now on if you don't like it? Well too bad."

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    What a bunch of hippies.
    Kid: "mommy, daddy, where do babies come from."

Parents: "Well you see two mutants get into a pod and 24 hours later a new pod blooms with a baby..."

kid: 8ff9e6cc3f059dca270dff06d9f9a8f7.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Mighty Member

So

spoilers:
    Is that Xavier?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Apparently there was some interesting notes about the Cyclops/FF scene in the DC.
    The only thing i could pick out of it is Cyclops does come off like he has a bit of resentment. Though in the the book he doesn't say it the notes say his look is of "no you don't understand" while smiling When Sue was being sympathetic.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    So

spoilers:
    Is that Xavier?
    end of spoilers
    I think so. In Fantomex's body. Or with a new body thanks to Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    I think so. In Fantomex's body. Or with a new body thanks to Krakoa.
    Fantomex didn't have such great jazz hands.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The only thing i could pick out of it is Cyclops does come off like he has a bit of resentment. Though in the the book he doesn't say it the notes say his look is of "no you don't understand" while smiling When Sue was being sympathetic.
    Tbh Susan's privileged was kind of annoying it reminded me of times when a white "ally" tries to tell a PoC how they should perceive and react to bigotry. Coming from a good place but still out of your depth.

And tbh the superhero communities attitude toward the mutant plight leaves much to be desired I'm pretty sure at any point Reed could have done something similar to the Krakoan network to help mutants out and he's got a mutant son!
    Last edited by loke13; 07-24-2019 at 10:16 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    So

spoilers:
    Is that Xavier?
    end of spoilers
    I don't think so, at least not entirely. But Xavier with Fantomex's craziness is a scary thought.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Tbh Susan's privileged was kind of annoying it reminded me of times when a white "ally" tries to tell a PoC how they should perceive and react to bigotry. Coming from a good place but still out of your depth.

And tbh the superhero communities attitude toward the mutant plight leaves much to be desired I'm pretty sure at any point Reed could have done something similar to the Krakoan network to help mutants out and he's got a mutant son!
    Totally agree. I think that's how it was suppose to come off.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I wonder if anyone is doing a House of X podcast??

?