Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    I was on the marvel database wiki and I was searching information about the mutants when I found that the X-genes is linked to the sexual chromosome(X or Y). So, when I think about the creation of the chimeras it didn't make sense for me. A chimera like North=Lorna+Emma; considering a woman is XX(compared to male=XY) how could that it's possible? Another example is X-23 to complete her DNA and made her a female variant of Logan they combined his DNA with a baseline human but there's a point here: she's considered as his daughter not a chimera! The chimeras reminded me the creation of X-Man(Nate Grey, another Mr Sinister's success)!
    So, what should I say about this? I think a chimera should be considered as a genetic child not really a chimera!What do you think about this "absurdity"? Is it a Hickman's non-sense?
    Chimeras are NOT clones. They have their X-gene spliced together from other X-genes. X and Y is completely irrelevant. We dont know exactly where everyone's come from as that doesnt matter. Hickman focused on explaining the gene responsible for mutant powers. The first attempts at making Chimeras didnt work well but by the 3rd generation, they've been able to isolate the X-gene such that the characters we saw in PoX were possible
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-23-2019 at 07:03 AM.