Page 154 of 434 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    The "twist" would make me VERY happy if true so I hope it's the real deal.
    I agree. Sounds pretty interesting and I’m intrigued as to how they’ll pull it off in execution. And then, of course, Hickman has mentioned that there’s “a fall” after this period of things being good for mutants. Which apparently continues into the Wave 1 books (this period of things being good, that is). So I’m assuming the fall is in his second act.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    I think there's a good chance that he's going to go there with Scott/Jean/Logan and have a scene with the three of them sleeping together.
    Based on his comments about sexuality from his Q&A on Sunday, I’m betting there’s some dialogue in there about “mutant culture” and talking about how most mutants are, by design, “fluid” or something like that. Possibly some allusions to polyamorous relationships too which, in the case of Scott-Emma-Jean-Logan makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    So obviously there's a good chance this is true so read at your own risk.

spoilers:
    I read that tweet about a week ago, it said that apparently the big twist has something to do with mutants being immortal. I was kinda sceptical after reading it at first, but given that Rosenberg just killed a lot of characters, said he is doing it for a reason, and we have seen all those characters back alive already leads me to think the tweet is probably right.

People on here have also said that they will use krakoa seeds to revive the dead, however that works. Maybe thats what the tweet meant when saying that mutants are immortal.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    A small part of me is skeptical and disapproving because it makes for lazy storytelling--magical thinking, always a way out. I prefer the X-Men to be as grounded in reality as possible. But most of me is getting fairly excited about this. No more whining from the haters about Magneto being born in 1926, not that there was ever any excuse to erase his Jewish Holocaust history--but this would remove all excuses. And also, damn, I was just thinking that Hickman has to establish mutants as a separate species, and has to do it as scientifically as possible in a super hero science-fiction-fantasy comic book. Powers aren't what establish their species, necessarily; different powers are like different eye colors, hair colors, height, weight, etc. Hickman is going to have to establish some species-wide parameters, like we saw touched on years ago from (Nicieza? Lobdell? I don't remember who) another writer. Tougher skin, resistance to most human diseases, different kinds of stem cells that are effective a lot longer, different electrolytes levels, possible small differences in organ and brain structure, but I thought, what about long-lived? What about quasi-immortality? Wouldn't that solve all the problems of the ages of the X-Men, the Marvel timeline, and continuity?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    spoilers:
    A small part of me is skeptical and disapproving because it makes for lazy storytelling--magical thinking, always a way out. I prefer the X-Men to be as grounded in reality as possible. But most of me is getting fairly excited about this. No more whining from the haters about Magneto being born in 1926, not that there was ever any excuse to erase his Jewish Holocaust history--but this would remove all excuses. And also, damn, I was just thinking that Hickman has to establish mutants as a separate species, and has to do it as scientifically as possible in a super hero science-fiction-fantasy comic book. Powers aren't what establish their species, necessarily; different powers are like different eye colors, hair colors, height, weight, etc. Hickman is going to have to establish some species-wide parameters, like we saw touched on years ago from (Nicieza? Lobdell? I don't remember who) another writer. Tougher skin, resistance to most human diseases, different kinds of stem cells that are effective a lot longer, different electrolytes levels, possible small differences in organ and brain structure, but I thought, what about long-lived? What about quasi-immortality? Wouldn't that solve all the problems of the ages of the X-Men, the Marvel timeline, and continuity?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yes, and would also help explain why they encouraged Rosenberg to do what he did. Only problem then is that it takes away the idea of there is any danger whatsoever in being a mutant. "Oh no, here's this huge threat! Careful don't die, wait, nevermind go all out... you're arm will just grow back later anyway now that we have our mystical Krakoa juice." Part of the fun in any adventure book is feeling like you're favorite characters are in jeopardy so some respect. If our heroes can't die, where is the adventure and danger?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    spoilers:
    Yes, and would also help explain why they encouraged Rosenberg to do what he did. Only problem then is that it takes away the idea of there is any danger whatsoever in being a mutant. "Oh no, here's this huge threat! Careful don't die, wait, nevermind go all out... you're arm will just grow back later anyway now that we have our mystical Krakoa juice." Part of the fun in any adventure book is feeling like you're favorite characters are in jeopardy so some respect. If our heroes can't die, where is the adventure and danger?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Hickman can use it as Deus ex Machina to resurrect all the characters he wants and kill Krakoa at the end of HOX / POX once the work is done. Although perhaps Sinister keeps a bud in a pot.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Looks like the review copies have been sent.

I’ve been lucky enough to read an advance copy of House of X #1 and it is BY FAR the most Jonathan Hickman superhero comic you could imagine.

It’s also VERY good.
    https://twitter.com/WednesdayReads/s...00379725533184

So, I just read House of X #1 and... It really might live up to the hype. I need to let it sit and then revisit it, but "Ellis's The Wild Storm, but for the X-Men" is a very strong first impression. It's definitely bold. (Out Wednesday, for those who'd lost track, like me.)
    https://twitter.com/graemem/status/1153404747346374656

Thank GOD I don’t have to keep pretending not to have read HOUSE OF X #1.

The hype is real. Although different in tone/approach, it’s very much the breath of fresh air last seen in NEW X-MEN #114.

If this doesn’t return the X-Men to their long overdue prominence, nothing will.

Larraz and Gracia utterly steal the show. Talk about leveling up your game.

I’ll also mention, as a gay man, Hickman’s take on the mutant metaphor was extremely cathartic and I can’t wait to see where the line goes from here.

Extremely high expectations: met.
    https://twitter.com/steve_foxe/statu...15246033371138

Sworn to secrecy, but if you're an #XMen fan, you're going to want to pick up House of X #1 this Wednesday on #NCBD It may be the best X-book in a decade. @JHickman
    @PepeLarraz
    @annalisebissa
    @cracksh0t
    @marvel
    #HouseofX #QOTC #marvel #marvelcomics #DawnofX
    https://twitter.com/QuixoticComics/s...17902198001664

I have a theory:
    spoilers:
    There is no straight, or at least 100% straight mutant.
    end of spoilers

believe nothing you hear about HoX until the POTUS drops the tweets
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

All I want is that this dosent have a harem ending, that never works out well

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Cool, nice to hear that its getting good reviews. I'm really looking forward to this.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

Remember how awesome soules Astonishing #1 was?

Or Wolvy and the Xmen #1?

Everyone needs to chill.

We know half the fandom will not like it.

And please lets not compare to Morrison, God of Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    They wouln't need to be a different species. They are still mutants. We hear mutant metabolism all the time in various characters and form. And their organs and bodies adjust according to their mutation. I think what's being forgotten is for all intents and purporses mutants are still human, and in most until their x-gene activates they live a human life with human friends and family and regular human societal norms. Some long after, and some their x-gene never materialists and they are latent mutants. I think the problem is people try to seperate mutants from humans so much when in reality mutants are humans who have adapted and evolved like every other creature on this earth. What makes the stories so powerful is what culture do you have or develope when all you've ever known you were turns on you and kicks you out or hunts you because your different now. Still the same inside, but they can't or won't see that. I imagine a culture of free thinking.

Also i think writers would have to be very clever and really dig deep to give their stories meaning when they know they can't just rely on shock value. And after the mists, i'm here for it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This goes to sell tomorrow on the US right?
    I won't believe them but anybody has any last moment speculation or spoilers?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    This goes to sell tomorrow on the US right?
    I won't believe them but anybody has any last moment speculation or spoilers?
    Wednesday.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/