Page 213 of 434 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 6499
    Astonishing Member

Don't understand me wrong, I really dig the world building in HOX, just POX was too far gone for me (for lack of a better term). But I will read it to understand the meaning of HOX. If I could I would avoid it.

And yes, the good old times of the X-Men are over, but that's okay. I like evolution.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I've only seen spoiler threads after issues come out, are they not allowed before?

People who like spoilers (I do) could be talking about this in a spoiler thread.
    Agreed I feel like their should be a general HoX/PoX spoiler thread if the leaks keep happening this early. Keeps spoiler/non-spoiler discussions in their own individual threads.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Don't understand me wrong, I really dig the world building in HOX, just POX was too far gone for me (for lack of a better term). But I will read it to understand the meaning of HOX. If I could I would avoid it.

And yes, the good old times of the X-Men are over, but that's okay. I like evolution.
    Yeah Hickman went really heavy into the world building with PoX I can see how that would turn people off. Personally I love that type of stuff more often then not a writer just throws a dystopian future onto a book as a barebones back drop never to be seen again.

Hickman seems to want to build something a bit more lasting than that I don't think Hickman is putting all this work into these future era's, introducing these new characters, detailing Sinister's actions, and hinting at some sort of "Betrayal" just to have it all neatly wrapped in a bow by the end of this Event. If his previous works are any indication I imagine we'll be revisiting Year 100 and Year 1000 throughout his run on the X-Men books.
    Last edited by loke13; 08-06-2019 at 06:14 AM.

POX had me head scratching.

Spectacular Member

It would only be a real evolution when they stop using the same characters over and over.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by greyspawn View Post
    It would only be a real evolution when they stop using the same characters over and over.
    True, but its still better than rehashing old storylines.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    POX had me head scratching.

Me too, I have to reread the issue...

This is just the set up. And while the franchise itself is too big at this point in time for just a single X-men book about a small underdog team of international explorers, it seems that we will be getting several which fit that bill in the Dawn of X first wave of books. I mean, Marauders sounds precisely like what you describe. And Excalibur takes that concept and sees them bouncing around in Otherworld and magical realms, but still exploring. And the old Claremont/Byrne X-men certainly had their run ins with magic and other dimensions. So those, to me, seem to be channeling the spirit of the old stuff. Oh, and New Mutants will have space adventure. So there’s that too.

X-Force seems like it will be more 90s in tone, when the X-men went from a small band of adventurers to more of a mutant strike force. I harken back to the Claremont/Lee X-men #1 which sees them monitoring the world for mutant threats and then deploying to deal with them. That was certainly a bit of a paradigm shift in and of itself, and X-Force seems much more in that vein.

Fallen Angels, well, it seems to be going for a darker more noir vibe with a few fringe characters. And X-men will be a big rotating cast, so probably more on the world building side.

All the spoilers I’ve seen have been in spoiler tags.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    All the spoilers I’ve seen have been in spoiler tags.
    That's where I am. If the spoilers have been tagged, nobody is forced to see them by accident. You have to actively click on and highlight in order to see them. In which case, those who don't want spoils, just don't read them. lol

UNLESS I did miss a post where someone blurted out something with no tags around it.

Occasional Spoilers use to show up before in threads, Thing is people are treating Hickman stuff like Hollywood finale and are being super sensitive about possibly being spoiled. The only thing that has changed is people actually care about Hickman stuff, Uncanny with Rosenberg the same one to two days before someone would hint at what is happening. Blindfold death was spoiled beforehand for example. I would say half the deaths were spoiled in tags beforehand.

I prefer no spoilers myself, but I understand some people like them, and that’s fine. I shared a summary of HoX 1 with a bunch of people who asked for it when I got my copy early.

I don’t mind people saying things like “wow that’s crazy” or “I really liked this” because it doesn’t go into any detail. But once you start elaborating on plot points or making comparisons to other books/movies, then you’re clearly heading into spoiler territory.

People really should refrain from making such posts without spoiler tags. Or as suggested, perhaps a thread devoted specifically to ADVANCED spoiler discussions is in order.

It’s one thing to accidentally see a spoiler once the issue is out. It’s another to have someone spoil something ahead of the issue dropping by making a comment in a general discussion thread. It sucks.

Yeah, but highlighting it with further specifics isn’t helping, guys. Maybe the Mods can delete or alter the offending posts. No need to make that harder for them by creating more.

I can’t always get to my shop on Wednesday. I finally got there Sunday and picked up PoX 1. I avoided these threads till I read it. I jumped in today to see what people thought of the issue....and BAM HoX 2 spoiler.

It’s not the end of the world or nothing, but I’d prefer to learn story details in the context they’re meant to be learned.

Can I just say how happy I am that people that people actually care enough about X-men again that they're bothered by spoilers?
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Amazing Member

Just read the spoilers. So exciting to be an X-Men fan right now!

Just a thought: What if House of X means House of 10, won't House of M be House of 1,000 since M means 1,000 in roman numerals? I don't know where my thought is going though.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

tenebrae and like: Thanks for clearing that up...so I have to go through something I don't like....damn...
    You don't have to buy it if you don't like it...you know, free choice and all that...regardless of what a writer or fans may say.
    (That's why we have a lot of crazy, emotionally pressed fans wallowing in misery buying and commenting on something they hate...you don't want to end up like them).
    Besides, you can get a pretty good idea of how it transpires just by reading review articles from various sites and on Youtube and the summary posts/discussions here.
    I didn't read a single issue of Disassembled into AoXM and UXM but...I can say with absolute surety those books were rubbish...all thanks to CBR/BC/NR/IGN...and I saved a whole lot of money.