Page 334 of 434 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344384 ... LastLast
Results 4,996 to 5,010 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Hickman says POX % features a mutant everyone has been waiting for.
    https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/1176263459970920449

Any bets?

Unless it's Destiny or Synch, then it's ovrehype. lol
    Let me get my candles and chickens and hope the nine realms bless me with Siryn
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Just read some Powers of X spoilers on reddit. Won't share them here, but the intrigue continues.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Hickman, Snoop, and Triniking should all be locked up in solitary confinement.
    These are the Living Tribunal's true faces.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Just read some Powers of X spoilers on reddit. Won't share them here, but the intrigue continues.
    So, umm, where can we find these spoilers? I need them now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    So, umm, where can we find these spoilers? I need them now.
    X-men reddit.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Hickman says POX % features a mutant everyone has been waiting for.
    https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/1176263459970920449

Any bets?

Unless it's Destiny or Synch, then it's ovrehype. lol
    *Shortpack!*

Default Long time lurker, first time poster.

I just wanted to swing by and say how absolutely delighted I have been with these twin series. This is easily the best X-Men since House of M & "No More Mutants", if not even further back.
    I was always an X-kiddie, but having been disappointed so many times, I tried my hardest to not buy into the pre-series hype machine, but oh man has it delivered in spades. The art is gorgeous, I can pick apart every infograph for hours, and I can't remember the last time I wanted to applaud the lettering in a comic. As with "The Five", each part of the team has been working in unison and at their peak.

I guess that makes Hickman the Hope of the project, bringing out the best all round. He has to get the lion's share of the credit of course. The story is so layered, I love how so many straggling loose ends from through the years have been picked up. For instance, Hope feels like she's actually fulfilled her purpose. The characters all feel right (except when they feel oh-so-wrong of course) and the way one or two have gotten a defining moment per issue has been ace. Yes even the Reverend Munroe felt spot on for me, a Queen / Goddess / Headmistress / Leader makes a fitting evangelist. It's also amazing to see so many background mutants getting quality cameos - chuffed to see Cypher so central to everything. Trinary and Sage turning up were both neat (more Husk though, please), and I actually fist-pumped when I saw Elixir, Fabio & Eva Bell the first time I turned the page.

As to the bits that some find less appealing, the twists don't feel cheap at all to me. I could appreciate the weight of the deaths from a few weeks back even fully knowing they were coming back soon after. And the clone conspiracy - while I can see why some will be disappointed - doesn't phase me in the slightest. These are comics with a 60 year history, where the characters are all basically the same age Between this and compressing that history down, Hickman has very neatly (and in quite a meta way) explained it all away in just about as reasonable a way as would ever be possible. At the same time, he's built a story that can be pushed to the screen even with the hot mess that was the Fox franchise looming in the background. I have hope for the future of the books and extended universe, in a way I simply never thought I'd have again three months ago. That said, none of the first wave of titles are grabbing my attention, so we'll see how it plays out - where is the book about the young & dumb mutants? Always my fave title in any incarnation. Fingers crossed for the second wave.

Theories for the remaining three titles include;
    • x3 must be Moira's sixth life? Maybe the mutants are rejected by the Phalanx leading us (in part) to life 11, and the Krakoan solution.
    • I am not sure what to make of Xavier. Yes I read people theorising it's Moira, or Cassandra, or Sinister beneath the helmet but really - what if it is just Xavier having been pushed past his previous naive outlook after seeing Moira's ten lives. No More, indeed.
    • There is still a piece of that map from the first issues that makes me wonder

I have purchased less than ten comics a year for about a decade, just reading through illegal means and buying when it felt worth it. It's been a long time since the x-men were worth it. Now I have plans to buy at least the first each of each upcoming title. I am back on the Make Mine Marvel train.

Love it. Excited to see what comes next.
    Last edited by Yog; 09-24-2019 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    Not sure whether to take at face value or as a joke; like maybe Adam X gets a brief spotlight. Did Maggott already show up in a panel somewhere?
    My money is on Maggott.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Glad you are enjoying it Yog. Welcome back to the fold.
    We see you. We know you.

Extraordinary Member

Please send me spoilers. Will send you back love and internet hugs and cookies.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

How about this. If you hint at anything you’re going to get some time off. Allowed phrases moving forward, “pm me for spoilers.” That’s it, no hints or allusion or anything. 10 weeks of this same argument is enough.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I'm hoping HoX #6 shows us more of the X-Men

I want to see Betsy Braddock, Rogue, Gambit, Iceman. the New Mutants. The rest of Generation X. Etc.......

Need MOAR X-Men in this 'seminal' mini series.

I just want to know more about the summers family

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    I just want to know more about the summers family
    I think the first couple of X-Men issues will explore Scott, Jean, and young Cable a bit. I expect Rachel will be a periphery character and probably only appear a tiny bit. After that the book will rotate with Scott as the lead, so I imagine they will have stories that directly relate to his relations with other people.
    We already know:
    1. X-Men - Scott is a lead character
    2. X-Force - Jean is a lead character
    3. Fallen Angels - Nathan is a lead character

I imagine Alex will pop up on rotation in X-Men.

I am predicting that Rachel gets written out, she is my favourite character, but with Jean, Emma, Betsy, and Kwannon getting so much focus I think Rachel will be written out and probably sent back into the future to become Mother Askani or something.