Page 384 of 434 FirstFirst ... 284334374380381382383384385386387388394 ... LastLast
Results 5,746 to 5,760 of 6499
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omnihallows View Post
    And Apocalypse?? when everyone was celebrating, he didn't look happy or satisfied
    We do know he's unsatisfied with something...we don't know what exactly...but I'm thinking that whatever it is, it's what makes him ultimately join Excalibur. He seems to be taking quite the heroic turn in those prevs and covers.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Omnihallows View Post
    And Apocalypse?? when everyone was celebrating, he didn't look happy or satisfied
    Apocalypse is the Alexander Hamilton and/or Angelica Schyuler of Krakoa. He will never be satisfied.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Logan's healing factor could be strong enough to make him live that long. Old Man Logan was a different case because his healing factor was failing for a long time.
    As for Moira it is implied Wolverine's blood helped her live that long
    I know Wolverine has slow aging, but is he really able to live THAT long ? It seems a bit of a stretch, I don't remember any version or even any mention that his lifespan could be that lengthy.

Not a complaint though, just curious.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    No, people have noticed that. I think it’s important, though not sure why yet. There’s so much more to explore and quite a few unanswered questions. Looking forward to Dawn of X to get some of the answers.

According to Hickman, if this Phase 1 is successful there is a Phase 2 where it all comes crashing down, whatever that means. Could mean the villains start misbehaving and/or Moira gets killed and resets everything. Who knows? What I like about Hickman’s writing is that just when I think I know where things are going, they go someplace unexpected. That’s fun.
    If issues #1-6 are succesful he'll stay on the title for more issues ? I hope so, because it's pretty much guaranteed that they WILL be succesful.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    I know Wolverine has slow aging, but is he really able to live THAT long ? It seems a bit of a stretch, I don't remember any version or even any mention that his lifespan could be that lengthy.

Not a complaint though, just curious.
    Over in Thor he gets the Phenoix force at the emd of the universe...
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Hickman has talked about having years worth of plans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    Over in Thor he gets the Phenoix force at the emd of the universe...
    But that's exactly the reason he lived that long, because he has the Phoenix Force.

Astonishing Member

I think we can all agree the whole Krakoa thing is going down, quite soon.

+ First of all, it seems Krakoa has been infected by Technarchy, which will surely cause Krakoa to turn into a death trap for mutants, again.
    + Second, Mystique won't accept to wait forever for Destiny's resurrection, which will reveal everyone the lies of the place.
    + Third, Sabretooth is a tough as Wolverine, so he won't stay too long trapped down there. He will escape, and he will surely make the others pay.
    + Finally, Moria will be killed somehow, then everything will be undone, House of M's style.

In the end, Moira will understand humans are not Mutants' enemies, and neither are machines. Mutants' worst enemies, are mutants themselves. Humans only take advantage of their selfdestruction, and that's why mutants always lose. Very soon, Mutants will return to their usual place, as species at the blink of extinction.

BANNED

I have a couple of questions, hope some of you guys can help.

First, I'm not very familiar with Sinister, I've read very little with him on it, so what would you guys recommend me to read to better understand his character ? Same for Exodus.

Second, which issue/story arc is where it's revealed that the Celestials created mutants/X-gene ?

Extraordinary Member

I find it interesting they are letting Sinister and the Marauders on Krakoa after what they did to the Morlocks. I guess slaughtering a bunch of your own people is not that big of a thing.

I wonder how they would feel about Stone...working for Project: Wideawake to hunt down other mutants for the government to do what they please with.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Stone...d)_(Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Not only that, but Post-Humanity doesn't even really intend to continue beyond the point of merger with the Phalanx. Their knowledge and memories will be absorbed into the Phalanx but all the individual people will die.
    They were already on that path and ascension is an unknown, so we can’t really judge it. However it doesn’t feel like a human choice. We can assume that life 6 was at least similar to life 9, and that the creepy church was the same in both realities. Indeed I would guess that part of the point of PoX is to suggest that key moments of the future are inevitable.

Essentially mankind’s outlook is informed by machine thinking. Directed evolution becomes a positive feedback loop moving humanity further and further away from what we think of as human nature.

However, Charles and Erik are also falling into a similar trap. Moira is already skeptical of their move towards Sinister, and watching the party and congratulating themselves is suddenly turned from the triumphal perspective that it has in HoX to an ominous one in PoX, because they are partly ignoring Moira’s advice. Sinister is the mutant version of directed evolution, and Krakoa is the mutant version of technology.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

If you are a slow mofo like myself, I suggest reading this in order. As in the order of Moira's lives. Jumping around just made it confusing.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    They were already on that path and ascension is an unknown, so we can’t really judge it. However it doesn’t feel like a human choice. We can assume that life 6 was at least similar to life 9, and that the creepy church was the same in both realities. Indeed I would guess that part of the point of PoX is to suggest that key moments of the future are inevitable.

Essentially mankind’s outlook is informed by machine thinking. Directed evolution becomes a positive feedback loop moving humanity further and further away from what we think of as human nature.

However, Charles and Erik are also falling into a similar trap. Moira is already skeptical of their move towards Sinister, and watching the party and congratulating themselves is suddenly turned from the triumphal perspective that it has in HoX to an ominous one in PoX, because they are partly ignoring Moira’s advice. Sinister is the mutant version of directed evolution, and Krakoa is the mutant version of technology.
    So, in other words, Mutants did just doom themselves... Once more. They will eventually commit a big mistake, which will give humanity a chance to attack and stop them. Magneto and Xavier doomed themselves when they said "Let them try to stop us this time".

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

So what really happened in Life 6?

Moira ignores Xavier and allies with Logan?
    Homo novissima wins anyway.
    Either Moira or the Supermen found a way to have her age endlessly (clearly she wasn't immortal; someone didn't think that one through) to prevent an unnecessary reset?
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Moira now thinks humans are mutants' natural enemies. But she's wrong.

I would like to know what happened on her first live. She seemed to live a quite regular life, and when she got old, there was no sign of war between humans and mutants. Moira started to get in the middled, we had catastrophies. Coincidence?, I don't think so.