Page 230 of 434 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280330 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 6499
    BANNED

I have no idea how old Kid Cable is supposed to be, or much about him at all, but I do know old Cable was run into the ground. So if they want to actually make this Nathan part of a real family unit with Scott and Jean and Rachel that doesn't feel like forced bullshit as it often did over the years I am all for that. I have faith in Hickman doing something interesting. The only time I bought much of anything with Cable and the family was when he was briefly an X-Man on Jean's team during Revolution in 2000. That was new. (Of course, that run quickly became hilariously bad.)

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I have no idea how old Kid Cable is supposed to be, or much about him at all, but I do know old Cable was run into the ground. So if they want to actually make this Nathan part of a real family unit with Scott and Jean and Rachel that doesn't feel like forced bullshit as it often did over the years I am all for that. I have faith in Hickman doing something interesting. The only time I bought much of anything with Cable and the family was when he was briefly an X-Man on Jean's team during Revolution in 2000. That was new. (Of course, that run quickly became hilariously bad.)
    He's about 17 I would say.

Love the Dauterman Marauders #2 cover
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    No idea it's just written underneath her quote in PoX #1
    I don't believe it's meant to be an Omega Mutant type of classification.

I think it's her designation in the data pages they say "Xavier Alpha," "Magneto Omega," "Moira Theta" and "Apocalypse Forever." I don't think we're meant to believe that Moira is a "Theta Mutant" any more than Xavier is an "Alpha Mutant," or Apocalypse is a "Forever Mutant."

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    I don't believe it's meant to be an Omega Mutant type of classification.

I think it's her designation in the data pages they say "Xavier Alpha," "Magneto Omega," "Moira Theta" and "Apocalypse Forever." I don't think we're meant to believe that Moira is a "Theta Mutant" any more than Xavier is an "Alpha Mutant," or Apocalypse is a "Forever Mutant."
    Quite a few of us suspect it is a kind of designation. We will see.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

... But.

Xavier is an Alpha level mutant and Magneto is an Omega Level mutant. So it stands to prove...
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The new Marauders cover is dope and the New Mutants one is fun and cute. The flagship legit sounds the least interesting which is a shame, but of course can't draw too much from this stuff without any issues getting released first.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    The new Marauders cover is dope and the New Mutants one is fun and cute. The flagship legit sounds the least interesting which is a shame, but of course can't draw too much from this stuff without any issues getting released first.
    I am reminded of the fake solicitations that were written by Spencer for the hydra cap books.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    ... But.

Xavier is an Alpha level mutant and Magneto is an Omega Level mutant. So it stands to prove...
    While Magneto is absolutely an Omega Mutant, I don't believe that Alpha designation is necessarily still in play. It's been used VERY rarely in the 616, and I think actually applied to Xavier once in the history of 616 comics.

It's possible, but Apocalypse's designation makes it feel like specious reasoning to assume it.

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    No idea it's just written underneath her quote in PoX #1
    Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    It might be one of the keys to the new X logo. Theta was once written as a cross with a circle around it.
    Oh ok, thanks.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    While Magneto is absolutely an Omega Mutant, I don't believe that Alpha designation is necessarily still in play. It's been used VERY rarely in the 616, and I think actually applied to Xavier once in the history of 616 comics.

It's possible, but Apocalypse's designation makes it feel like specious reasoning to assume it.
    It’s pretty obvious Hickman is revisiting the fact that Charles is Alpha.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    It’s pretty obvious Hickman is revisiting the fact that Charles is Alpha.
    Or it's obvious that "Alpha" is Xavier's designation in the files that the data page are from, just as "Forever" is Apocalypse's.

I think it's quite probable you're right, but it isn't the only possibility, and it's not the only reasonable or logical interpretation from the text available without more information/examples to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Doubt we'll get any for the non "red" books in the run. Sure they are anticipated, but everyone knew going in that HOX#2 was huge based on that as well as early Twitter buzz from industry folks that had read it. It was a no brainer for spoils.
    There is something out there. spoilers:
    Phalanx returns in POX2
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Holy cats.

Extraordinary Member

"There is something out there"

No, it is not something, it is pretty much the issue. Someone read the issue and posted a summary. You can't do that here until tomorrow, so don't start circumventing the rules by talking about things that are "out there."