Page 240 of 434 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290340 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    I don't like the direction of HiXman. The plot of the future is too much and hardcore sci-fi and what about X-men social representation in all of this mess??? It's not Star Strek Hicky!
    Many of you have too much hype for this event which DESTROYS what X-Men are! Yes and it's only the beginning!
    Dawn of X has ZERO stories tied to mutants common problems. They are more in space than on Earth!
    Wake up!Are you blind X-fans to the point you can't see they distorted completely the X-men message and adventures! Boycott this ****!
    It's not because we don't have the spotlight for so long on the X-franchise that Marvel need to let Hickwoman doing this ****!
    On other forums people are furious and are less blind by this event. Are everyone dumb on CBR to think HoX/PoX are wonderful? Seriously?!
    Do you have a critical thinking here?
    Plot twist, we’re all pod people and the real CBR members are stashed somewhere.

After the messy anti-vax and trans panic stories in Rosencanny, I think that the X-men need to take a break from social commentary for a good long while

Wake up!Are you blind X-fans to the point you can't see they distorted completely the X-men message and adventures! Boycott this ****!
    It's not because we don't have the spotlight for so long on the X-franchise that Marvel need to let Hickwoman doing this ****!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    After the messy anti-vax and trans panic stories in Rosencanny, I think that the X-men need to take a break from social commentary for a good long while
    And if that happens, that's when the X-Men effectively stop being the X-Men. Just because a single writer took a mis-step doesn't mean that the series needs to, frankly, lose it's voice.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Plot twist, we’re all pod people and the real CBR members are stashed somewhere.
    We don't talk about that anymore.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    And if that happens, that's when the X-Men effectively stop being the X-Men. Just because a single writer took a mis-step doesn't mean that the series needs to, frankly, lose it's voice.
    There’s a Lot more to social commentary than victimization/greed disguised as representation or placating, to be very frank. Even with the best of intentions, It’s all reactionary to the past.

I’d like to challenge/encourage you to consider this new run IS social commentary. It’s offering empowering solutions that boldly, cleanly break with what doesn’t work. Moira’s such a brilliant, brilliant metaphor for everything that began with 60s rights movements.

And to bring it to the now: Hate crimes don’t work. But neither do people in constant cycles of recovery over it or expecting the rest of the world to condone/acknowledge that recovery. And yes I speak as a “traumatized” minority population.

I’d just wouldn’t let the sci-if trappings distract from that. We wanted something new. But having it it means you give up glorifying the angst, and by nature of that I can’t think of a better message the world - red or blue - needs right now.

I don't like the direction of HiXman. The plot of the future is too much and hardcore sci-fi and what about X-men social representation in all of this mess??? It's not Star Strek Hicky!
    Many of you have too much hype for this event which DESTROYS what X-Men are! Yes and it's only the beginning!
    Dawn of X has ZERO stories tied to mutants common problems. They are more in space than on Earth!
    On other forums people are furious and are less blind by this event. Are everyone dumb on CBR to think HoX/PoX are wonderful? Seriously?!
    Calm down. I care A LOT about the mutant metaphor, but not every story needs to be about that. There are books on DOX that will deal with it actually.

Marauders #1 Solicit:
    "Even in this glorious new dawn, Mutantkind faces hardships and oppression from their human counterparts. Led by Captain Kate Pryde and funded by Emma Frost and the Hellfire Trading Company, Marauders Storm, Pyro, Bishop and Iceman sail the seas of the world to protect those hated and feared!"

X-Force #1 solicit seems to imply the same at the end, though it might mean something else:
    "X-Force is the CIA of the mutant world; Beast, Jean Grey and Sage on the intelligence side, Wolverine, Kid Omega, an Domino on the special ops side. In a perfect world, there would be no need for an X-Force. But we’re not there...yet."

Then there are more books to be released in Wave 2. And also the fact that any writer of any of the titles could make an arc focused on it in the future, or have it as an overall subplot.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 08-15-2019 at 12:36 PM.

BANNED

Hickman has done social commentary when it mattered. Here's an article about Moira X and the nature of passing: https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/08...owers-hickman/

Will there be new variants today or have all of the new ones been posted earlier this week?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    I have two critical thinkings. One in that HoX is great, and the other is that PoX is great.
    EXACTATIOUSLY!!!
    Some readers need to dial their personal angst and misery down to zero and seek Jeezus.
    Because those of us who are enjoying HoX and PoX don't give a shyt if they're triggered by our happiness and enjoyment.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    EXACTATIOUSLY!!!
    Some readers need to dial their personal angst and misery down to zero and seek Jeezus.
    Because those of us who are enjoying HoX and PoX don't give a shyt if they're triggered by our happiness and enjoyment.
    bUt n0 1n3 hAs bEeN pUnCh3d yEt!?!?!?!?!?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Second Coming

Dead Nightcrawler
    Dead Cable
    Big bubble
    Lots of Nimrods
    Bastion and his ugly beard

And last and most certainly least, Hope.
    So, nothing worth remembering then.

Kyle and Yost may not be bad writers and they did that cartoon people loved and all, but their work on the X-books was largely too grimdark, repetitious and reliant on 90s lore callbacks for my tastes. Every month was more 90s **** and more death. Anything they worked on is a largely uninteresting fog for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    I have two critical thinkings. One in that HoX is great, and the other is that PoX is great.
    I don't like Hickman's run too but I think when people pay to be entertained… well they are lucky to be entertained. The other… many X-men comics have been produced, Hickman's run doesn't erase the previous works. It just adds another layer… if you want to add it. I don't want.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    bUt n0 1n3 hAs bEeN pUnCh3d yEt!?!?!?!?!?
    That might happen in HoX 4...if the cover is true.
    They'll just have to wait...or not.
    I really don't care

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    There’s a Lot more to social commentary than victimization/greed disguised as representation or placating, to be very frank. Even with the best of intentions, It’s all reactionary to the past.

I’d like to challenge/encourage you to consider this new run IS social commentary. It’s offering empowering solutions that boldly, cleanly break with what doesn’t work. Moira’s such a brilliant, brilliant metaphor for everything that began with 60s rights movements.

And to bring it to the now: Hate crimes don’t work. But neither do people in constant cycles of recovery over it or expecting the rest of the world to condone/acknowledge that recovery. And yes I speak as a “traumatized” minority population.

I’d just wouldn’t let the sci-if trappings distract from that. We wanted something new. But having it it means you give up glorifying the angst, and by nature of that I can’t think of a better message the world - red or blue - needs right now.
    Dear, I'm not the one that was saying that it wasn't social commentary or that there shouldn't be any social commentary. I believe it is and that there should. But I appreciate this for Beetle's sake.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    EXACTATIOUSLY!!!
    Word. Most of the complaining has been:

1) Hicky is making me use my brain too much
    2) I haven't seen my fav yet
    3) Hicky is a hack cuz he didn't put my fav on a tier list
    4) "isn't this just DoFP?"

It's like there's a B*tchin' Plague.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 08-15-2019 at 01:09 PM.
    "Cable was right!"