Page 235 of 434 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245285335 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I've read BMM and quite enjoyed it...as I have the majority of Hickman's work.
    BMM and X-Men are two separate worlds/concepts so...you really cannot compare both even though they're written by the same writer.
    Creator owned/Independently Published work will be different to what's done at the Big 2 in the sense that one is original work and the other is subject to pre-established mythos/continuity/editorial mandates, etc.
    By chatting I meant the wider buzz online. I expect everyone here to have read BMM from cover to cover and all of the implied background reading on economics and real time computing.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Have to say, I’ve yet to see a review or news piece on this latest issue that doesn’t get at least some basic fact about what happened in the story wrong. Maybe more diagrams are needed.

Any examples? I don’t tend to read reviews until I have finished my Wednesday pile.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    amazing stuff

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Any examples? I don’t tend to read reviews until I have finished my Wednesday pile.
    Same here.
    I tend to stay away from most reviews even after I've read my books simply because my understanding and feelings and appreciation most often differ from the reviewer's.
    I can see how even more frustrating this X-run might be for some.

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    It's a month from HOX 1 to 3.

We had HOX 1.

Then followed with
    POX 1
    HOX 2
    POX 2+3.

That's 4 issues = 4 weeks dealing with past & future with 1 page of present, and for some it's a month with nothing of interest happening since the present-day story doesn't seem to really start until the 28th. Meaning those fans had HOX 1 on Jul 24th and don't get back to that until Aug 28th.

Getting through a week is also chore when you have 10 hour work shift on certain days only to get through those with no payoff. lol.

Even though I get annoyed & rant, reading things about present-day characters that can be annoying is better than the disappointment of getting an issue with 99% indifference. At least the former has room for debate, argument, discussion, and a possible chance to see a bright side. With indifference, it's just right back to the beginning of counting down another week, even though I just got done doing that for all of 1 day.
    I'm old enough to remember when issues only came out once a month and we were fine with that. I think Hickman is telling a complex story with complex moving parts. About time the X-Men had a long thought out story again.

Enjoy the set up. Or don't. But plenty of exposition is being given to build this world and that should be appreciated.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Jeeper 2.0 View Post
    I'm old enough to remember when issues only came out once a month and we were fine with that. I think Hickman is telling a complex story with complex moving parts. About time the X-Men had a long thought out story again.

Enjoy the set up. Or don't. But plenty of exposition is being given to build this world and that should be appreciated.
    Nice. Still waiting to get to the present since that's where my interest is.

In any form of fiction, it's characters I care about. Story is good & all,but characters have been my interest. Sadly that means a lot of frustration. But it is what it is.

So i'm waiting for HOX 3. And hoping for some variants with other characters in the mean time. lol Hell I hate Mystique, but a variant with her x Destiny from HOX would be nice.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-14-2019 at 04:07 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    Every time I read a new issue ( like today's Pox 2) I throw my theories out the window and start anew with a new theory. Although I am still convinced Moira is playing everyone and will turn out to be the "bad guy" as she is depicted walking on top of the defeated x-men in one of the future HOX covers.
    My theory now is that something happened in her life 6, the redacted one after which she goes on a very violent streak for a few of her lives. I think she is now in her last life and doesn't give a damn about anyone any more and is now playing everyone to get what she thinks is the best thing to happen to her. Which is being assimilated into the phalanx and live forever "peacefully" leaving all this mutant/ human/ machine nonsense behind. She is the 8th mutant in year 100 and she is the blue female figure in year 1000 and both those era's are a depiction of her ninth life that in the end info section of HOX 2 and in the actual art section of the book are still continuing. I think in year 100 it is going to show us Apoccy and her redirecting the machines to kill the humans and then attack the shi-ar and while the machines and shi-ar are in war with each other, Moira frees the Shi-ar mutants and gets them back to earth. But the shi-ar and the other big universal empires keep attacking the mutants on earth and in the end she decides to join the phalanx. She is now going to try this again in her current 10th / 616 life, only by speeding it up and make it happen now. But the x-men stop her and the phalanx and the mother mold sentinels and finally the humans are going to start to accept the mutants as "heroes", leading to Dawn of X. Moira's defeat will probably hinge on something Xavier remembers from reading her mind form her 6th life. ps Off course she found a way to keep some of her thoughts hidden from Xavier, otherwise her "secret plan" would not work.
    Not bad at all. I spent all of his Avengers New Avengers run coming up with and then tweeking theories about what was happening. Nothing I came up with was right. It was all much simpler than I thought it would be. I know Ill be doing the same thing this time and will probably be just as wrong. Thay said yours is pretty good. It all has to be related someway and Moira beimg the through line does make sense. Man I love me some Hickman.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    POX is a hard read for me too but I liked second issue more.
    I recall not understanding a damn thing about alot of New Avengers and Avengers when he was writing them. He does love his high science concepts. I feel like the diagrams do help though.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosfist View Post
    Not bad at all. I spent all of his Avengers New Avengers run coming up with and then tweeking theories about what was happening. Nothing I came up with was right. It was all much simpler than I thought it would be. I know Ill be doing the same thing this time and will probably be just as wrong. Thay said yours is pretty good. It all has to be related someway and Moira beimg the through line does make sense. Man I love me some Hickman.
    This is one of the reasons I distrust the theories about this being another timeline. Complexity isn’t Hickman’s thing. Obscurity and misdirection, yes. Deep research into his chosen themes, definitely. Complicated twists, not so much. Usually he has a few fiendishly clever but essentially elegant and uncomplicated twists. Some you can spot coming, the rest are not even guessable except in vague shapes.

Sometimes the twists take a bit of explanation after the fact. I remember having to explain New Avengers a few times.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-14-2019 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I didn`t like Wolverine in it at all. I think Hickman don`t like him and Logan was forced by editors. Don`t expect anything good for him.
    I mostly expect to be kind of bland in this mini, i doubt that Hickman dislike him but he isn't terribly interested on him either. His role so far has been (assuming that is actually Logan) more or less the same that he play in futures like this ala DOFP, i'm fine with that, especially considering that this is clearly the Moira/Xavier/Magneto show plus a ton world bulding toward the franchise future. I did found weird for Logan to call himself dumb out loud in front of everyone, but eh, nothing is perfect.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I mostly expect to be kind of bland in this mini, i doubt that Hickman dislike him but he isn't terribly interested on him either. His role so far has been (assuming that is actually Logan) more or less the same that he play in futures like this ala DOFP, i'm fine with that, especially considering that this is clearly the Moira/Xavier/Magneto show plus a ton world bulding toward the franchise future. I did found weird for Logan to call himself dumb out loud in front of everyone, but eh, nothing is perfect.
    Seems I recall a tweet where Hickman says Wolverine is cool, but in his world Cyclops is cooler.

I think he likes him well enough. If anyone at Marvel hates Wolverine, they won't be there long because he's the cash cow. lol

I just think for many X-Men, we won't start to see them shine until HOX 3+. Sinister & Emma are his favorites, and they haven't even shown up yet.

Just slow build-up before we get to the current characters, how they approach everything, and maybe get some badass fights.

Seems I recall a tweet where Hickman says Wolverine is cool, but in his world Cyclops is cooler.

I think he likes him well enough. If anyone at Marvel hates Wolverine, they won't be there long because he's the cashgimmick. lol

I just think for many X-Men, we won't start to see them shine until POX 3+. Sinister & Emma are his favorites, and they haven't even shown up yet.

Just slow build-up.
    I think that the tweet was more like "Under my writing, Cyclops is cooler", i didn't take him as something positive or negative about the character, just that he simply wasn't very interested on him, witch as i say is fine and doesn't bother me, just that i don't expect much of him on his work. So far House X has been good but Power has been interesting but needs to start moving soon before it bores me.

Slow build-up is definitely the right word for this though, i'm interested although not as excited as everyone else, just hoping for Hickman to surprised me
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Well that only stands to reason. Cyclops is the coolest character in Marvel comics.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I think that the tweet was more like "Under my writing, Cyclops is cooler", i didn't take him as something positive or negative about the character, just that he simply wasn't very interested on him, witch as i say is fine and doesn't bother me, just that i don't expect much of him on his work. So far House X has been good but Power has been interesting but needs to start moving soon before it bores me.

Slow build-up is definitely the right word for this though, i'm interested although not as excited as everyone else, just hoping for Hickman to surprised me
    I understand. I am interested and excited for some issues, and I hope Hickman can surprise & delight me in some future HOX issues. The POX side in general may not be for me though.

I liked HOX 1, but didn't care much for 2, though I liked Destiny. So that's half & half. Whereas with POX, both issues bored me. But given what Hickman said it was about, I figured that would be the less interesting half for me.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-14-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

The last time the X-Men had this much buzz was Messiah Complex and Second Coming.

I have friends whom have never read X-Men before racing to the comic store every Wednesday. I can't wait for Dawn of X.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars