Page 159 of 434 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209259 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 6499
    Astonishing Member

I don't like this classification. I prefer one about destructiveness.
    Can they end life on earth or destroy the planet unaided? then they are Omega Level mutants. Legion can do it by reality manipulation as he did when he created the AoA reality, Iceman can freeze the planet killing all life on earth, Xorn can destroy the planet with a black hole. That is what I think of when I think of Omega Level mutant.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I'm gonna choose to believe that Jean's is for pure psionics, not just telepathy, because that's the only way it makes sense to me and my OCD demands it.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sapfiryt View Post
    Some spoilers about omega level mutants:

https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen..._mutant_major/
    OK, that makes sense. But this is going to cause some hate.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Couldn't resist reading and I love the list.
    I love the list too!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

To be honest, the term Omega level was just used for pure fanboy or fangirl hype before this point. I think we should all try to move past that stage and be willing to work with a more rational explanation. More importantly, your favorite character doesn't automatically need to be Omega level in order to be either powerful or worth supporting.

I am interested in seeing how the new definition will be used out over a period of time. I mean, Hickman apparently wrote like five thousand words about this one term during the process of proposing his idea, so it's not like he pulled it out of a random hat. Of course, as fans we might not always agree, but I think the new idea deserves to be given attention and breathing room.

My boy Adam X isn’t on the list...

This shizz is GARBAGE

I am just glad that there is a more clear line as far the "Omega" term goes. At the end of the day it was clearly getting out of hand and there's not really anyone on the list that can be argued.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Fantastic Member

Must... Resist.... Spoilers....

Seriously though, less than 6 hours until its in my hands. I think I can make it.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post

Seriously though, less than 6 hours until its in my hands. I think I can make it.
    dont resist temptation do it lololol jk
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    OK, that makes sense. But this is going to cause some hate.
    Oh yeah it'll definitely be controversial but hopefully a more in depth definition will stop some writers from throwing the term around all willy nilly.
    Last edited by loke13; 07-23-2019 at 03:17 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Oh yeah it'll definitely be controversial but hopefully a more in depth definition will stop some writers from throwing the term around all willy nilly.
    Yeah, and I want them to be like: "Oh watch out he/she is an omega don't talk to them."

I don't want these characters to be isolated due to this status.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post

Are you getting it physically or digitally? Digitally, it's 9 hours
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sapfiryt View Post
    Some spoilers about omega level mutants:

https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen..._mutant_major/
    Finally, I was beginning to think "Omega-level" was just an X-Office excuse to make a super powerful threat and not give defined powers. Looking at you, Guggenheim.

Fantastic Member

Hmm I am really torned about this... While I agree with Owen about this I don't like how it's not about the potential of Destruction...

spoilers:
    Destroying the Planet is nothing. Some Omega Levels like Vulcan are of Cosmic Level and can be more. I am bit confused. Jean is an Omega Level telekinitic as descirbed many times before. And by the new description it makes the confusion. Jean's powerful Telekinisis upper limit can be surpassed and Exodus' can not?
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Are you getting it physically or digitally? Digitally, it's 9 hours
    Physically. My local cs is doing the midnight party thing.