Page 265 of 434 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315365 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    I was on the marvel database wiki and I was searching information about the mutants when I found that the X-genes is linked to the sexual chromosome(X or Y). So, when I think about the creation of the chimeras it didn't make sense for me. A chimera like North=Lorna+Emma; considering a woman is XX(compared to male=XY) how could that it's possible? Another example is X-23 to complete her DNA and made her a female variant of Logan they combined his DNA with a baseline human but there's a point here: she's considered as his daughter not a chimera! The chimeras reminded me the creation of X-Man(Nate Grey, another Mr Sinister's success)!
    So, what should I say about this? I think a chimera should be considered as a genetic child not really a chimera!What do you think about this "absurdity"? Is it a Hickman's non-sense?
    Chimeras are NOT clones. They have their X-gene spliced together from other X-genes. X and Y is completely irrelevant. We dont know exactly where everyone's come from as that doesnt matter. Hickman focused on explaining the gene responsible for mutant powers. The first attempts at making Chimeras didnt work well but by the 3rd generation, they've been able to isolate the X-gene such that the characters we saw in PoX were possible
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-23-2019 at 07:03 AM.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Don't know if this was posted already but. Cover I don't remember seeing.

I do like the Kitty cover, the scene really pops as a war scene, but holy is she like 12 or is the artist just drawing her ridiculously thin and petite.

The Nightcrawler cover is far better and I love how the expression of swashbuckling glee is captured on Kurt's face as he jumps into the crowd of haters.

giving kitty wolverine's divekick is a good addition to her kit, but I bet she'll still struggle to one-touch-kill without x-factor in the coming update, however, the adjustments being made to magneto's shockwave assist could really shake up the meta
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I do like the Kitty cover, the scene really pops as a war scene, but holy is she like 12 or is the artist just drawing her ridiculously thin and petite.

The Nightcrawler cover is far better and I love how the expression of swashbuckling glee is captured on Kurt's face as he jumps into the crowd of haters.
    I really don't know what's up with Kitty. She looks ridiculously young on the Marauders cover as well. So I was thinking the young characters were de-aged due to STS again. But looking at Jubilee, who looks very much adult on the Excalibur cover, Lord knows.

Maybe Kitty will rewind & be younger than GenX. lol

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    Between the two timelines her age of death is listed for every life but the omitted 6th one, so she's 572 plus however many years she lived in life 6, which we're to assume would have to be at least 13, so at least 585.
    This is proably going to sound so random and i'm sure my mind is just moving but 616-572 =44. 44 is the age moira was when the genocide at faraway happened. The genocide at far aside is the only timeline that doesn't exactly list that Moira specifically died which is lifetime 5 and we can't see lifetime 6.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I really don't know what's up with Kitty. She looks ridiculously young on the Marauders cover as well. So I was thinking the young characters were de-aged due to STS again. But looking at Jubilee, who looks very much adult on the Excalibur cover, Lord knows.
    I can buy Kitty being of those people who is like 5 foot tall and still looks 16 through their 20s.

I think it depends on the artist style too. Besides, I'm more concerned with Moira being supposedly 50 and stuff through HoxPox and literally looking Kitty's age lol

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I know it's the artists' style put it's still silly. Rahne got demoted from milf to loli on the NM cover. Again.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

I'm more than willing to forget Rahne's last 19 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I know it's the artists' style put it's still silly. Rahne got demoted from milf to loli on the NM cover. Again.
    Yeah. Rahne looked very off as well. I don't think I knew who she was when I saw the cover but didn't see the cast yet. lol

Besides Emma x Shaw on The Marauders cover, I haven't liked any of the covers thus far. Art-wise.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Yeah. Rahne looked very off as well. I don't think I knew who she was when I saw the cover but didn't see the cast yet. lol

Besides Emma x Shaw on The Marauders cover, I haven't liked any of the covers thus far. Art-wise.
    Yu's work looking rushed. Poor guy.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yu's work looking rushed. Poor guy.
    The variants aren't very impressive either, imo. I mean the art is fine, but just not a fan of the styles. I don't care about the pairing, but I think the Joe Mad Rogue x Gambit cover is the best variant.

I liked me some Monet, and her face is beautiful here

But I'd have preferred her in a full comic form rather than action figure style. So the portion of her in red is the best part, imo.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-23-2019 at 08:31 AM.

I think this feeds into the theory that Wave 1 books are actually Moira's Life 11. New Mutants look younger too, and would help cover why Betsy is Capt Britain.

There has been a bunch of talk about the X-Men entering a “whole new world.” Maybe Dawn of X really will be the 11th Life, but I’m just wondering how that will consolidate with the rest of the MU and prior stories.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Chimeras are NOT clones. They have their X-gene spliced together from other X-genes. X and Y is completely irrelevant. We dont know exactly where everyone's come from as that doesnt matter. Hickman focused on explaining the gene responsible for mutant powers. The first attempts at making Chimeras didnt work well but by the 3rd generation, they've been able to isolate the X-gene such that the characters we saw in PoX were possible
    Trying to explain comic book science to people who don't understand the concept of "suspended disbelief" is like trying to explain the virtues of Liefeld's Major X book.