Page 392 of 434 FirstFirst ... 292342382388389390391392393394395396402 ... LastLast
Results 5,866 to 5,880 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    It is surprising that this racism target exclusively the X-Men or x-gene mutants but no other mutant or alien on earth.

Which is actually really dumb but at this point you cant fight 50 years of writing.
    How is that any different then a racist confusing a sikh for a muslim. Its not supposed to make sense. You can't rationalise racism.

Additionally the Purifiers did actually expand their targets to super heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    How is that any different then a racist confusing a sikh for a muslim. Its not supposed to make sense. You can't rationalise racism.

Thats the point, racist people dont make differences.

Hydroman is killing people but dont worry, he doesnt have the x-gene, he can turn his body in to water but he is not a mutant. Most people probably dont even know who have the x-gene, most people probably dont even know what the hell is the x-gene, so the realistic conclusion is that people will be afraid of freaks.

Normal people vs everything else.

The X-Men will make more sense in his own world, which sometimes it seems that this is what Marvel really wants.
    Last edited by Lapsus; 10-12-2019 at 06:32 AM.

Mighty Member

Do you understand how many people are 16 million??? In a single attack, no even the atomic bomb come even close.

In real life, USA and Russia could have been go to war for this, blaming each other, every goverment of every country will be paranoid.

Those conflicts are ignored because people in our countries doesnt feel affected. The Genosha attack is third world war scale.
    Nah, I agree with tuck frump. Yeah the ramifications of 16 million murdered people would be treated differently in real life than make believe land, but I don't see the point? This is a comic book. In real life we don't have to worry about Cassandra Nova and murderous sentinels. Comics are supposed to overdramatize real life.

What I do wish they would do away with is acting like mutants like Jean and Cyclops are treated/discriminated the same as disfigured mutants living with the Morlocks? Also, where the heck are the Morlocks? This would be such a great time to further explore them. What if they move to Krakoa but now they're discriminated against for not having cool powers/not looking like humans? What if some mutants start "human-acting" to fit in more?

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Nah, I agree with tuck frump. Yeah the ramifications of 16 million murdered people would be treated differently in real life than make believe land, but I don't see the point? This is a comic book. In real life we don't have to worry about Cassandra Nova and murderous sentinels. Comics are supposed to overdramatize real life.
    ??

That is what im trying to say. In real life nobody will ignored that massacre, it will be against their own interests.

The issue is that many users believe that the chosen amnesia with the genosha attack is not bad writing or simply laziness from the authors, no, it is perfectly logical and the other heroes should be bashed for that.

My point is, a Genosha civil war, a Human dictator abusing mutants in a fictional africa or asia. That is the common problem that most people will ignored because dont affect them directly. Like Joker said in Dark Knight "Everything is going according to the plan"

A country erased from earth is not a normal plan.
    Last edited by Lapsus; 10-12-2019 at 06:33 AM.

You can't rationalize racism but people sure do ignore stuff that happens in the real world

-Racist in Alabama will cheer for the Crimson Tide ignoring/accepting that they are primarily made up of black people. X-men has saved the world a million times but not even freaking X-men is accept by the racist with the "Well those are the good ones bs"
    -People seem to forget while kids in cages, They are also sanctuary cities.
    -Even though racist have marches in broad daylight, They are counter-protesters and counter-protesters generally outnumber the bigots

Fans are way too accepting that racism against mutants wouldn't be allowed go unchallenged by good people. Fans are way too accepting of stuff like War of Realms, Secret Empire or Secret Invasion could happen and superhuman community is forgiven. God could slaughter 1,000s of humans and Marvel humans would be fine. The racist who hate mutants wouldn't also develop completely rational hate and fear of Gods, Aliens, and Superhumans groups .Mutants forever have the scarlet letter with nobody every coming to their defense. While same racists will embrace superheroes many of which are not human even after logical reasons to hate superhumans would be around. Secret Empire and War of Realms are 9/11 equivalents.

You can't rationalize racism but we shouldn't try to rationalize what is happening at marvel 616 as logically either
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-12-2019 at 06:34 AM.

Why would? Maybe because somebody has wipeout an entire country and because they are the two largest superpowers, they would suspect each other, is a worst case scenario. Their own citizens would suspect them.
    Well Maybe they were during the the Cold War buuuut I think Russia's a superpower with a lowercase s these days.+ Giant Robots are a liiiiiil less World-Endy than 2 countries hurling radioactive sludge at each other
    sorry but some of you dont seem to understand the scale of genocide that implicates the Genosha attack, it would be the largest genocide in the history of the world. The second is not even close.
    Errr Itll still be less than the total number of people who died from the transatlantic slave trade.

Its useless using a rational argument with someone trying to rationalize an irrational thing like racism

lol

BANNED

Mutants are discriminated against bc they represent an actual threat to the established statu quo. Who cares if SpiderMan spends his whole life swinging from scyscrappers, Frank and Shirley are going to be much more preoccupied by the possibility their daughter will turn purple and grow horns on her head.

And then irl you can be a tanned european who dont speak a word of english and you wont face the same hate as a brown woman who grew up in America. Its neither abt what u look like nor abt what u can and cant do.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Mutants are discriminated against bc they represent an actual threat to the established statu quo. Who cares if SpiderMan spends his whole life swinging from scyscrappers, Frank and Shirley are going to be much more preoccupied by the possibility their daughter will turn purple and grow horns on her head.

And then irl you can be a tanned european who dont speak a word of english and you wont face the same hate as a brown woman who grew up in America. Its neither abt what u look like nor abt what u can and cant do.
    God running through the street killing people, Aliens attacking, Superhumans taking over the world wouldn't get those same irrational humans to freak out?

Sorry no you can be white Hispanic / Latino look just like "normal American" speak Spanish, And racist here in America will add you the irrational hate list with the brown woman. Muslims got added after 9/11,Jews were always on the list, Latinos got added harder with Trump wall push. The one thing consistent about racist people is that they hate different.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-12-2019 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Well Maybe they were during the the Cold War buuuut I think Russia's a superpower with a lowercase s these days.+ Giant Robots are a liiiiiil less World-Endy than 2 countries hurling radioactive sludge at each
    As i said, it was a worst case scenario, the thing is, they would care, BELIVE ME, that destruction power is not going to be ignored and they would probably suspect one another and im not mentioning what people would believe.

Itll still be less than the total number of people who died from the transatlantic slave trade.
    Killings that happen over the course of centuries, when it was perfectly normal to own slaves vs the entire massacre of 16 million of people at the same time in recent times.
    It is not remotely comparable the impact that they have in public opinion.

Its useless using a rational argument with someone trying to rationalize an irrational thing like racism

lol
    But racist people did rationalize their arguments, they are wrong and hypocrite, but they did try to defend their opinion. If you are comparing me real world racist people with 616 humans, the most realistic conclusion is that people will fear and hate everything that is not a normal human.

Because the common thing that every mutant have is superpowers.

Not hating other people with powers is a plot hole.
    Last edited by Lapsus; 10-12-2019 at 06:59 AM.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Nah, I agree with tuck frump. Yeah the ramifications of 16 million murdered people would be treated differently in real life than make believe land, but I don't see the point? This is a comic book.
    Tell that to all the people on this thread that have been constantly comparing said comic book to real life, particularly Kib911 and RG.

People need to realize that it is unfair to blame the mutant problems in the avengers, fantastic four and in general, in most humanity.
    And as posted earlier, unfair when people say the Avengers do nothing at all, and seem to ignore the rare occasion when a writer actually makes some noticeable effort to have at least one of the Avengers help out the mutants with their problem of being destructively persecuted out of hatred, such as in 2012's Uncanny Avengers by Rick Remender:

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You can't rationalize racism but people sure do ignore stuff that happens in the real world

-Racist in Alabama will cheer for the Crimson Tide ignoring/accepting that they are primarily made up of black people. X-men has saved the world a million times but not even freaking X-men is accept by the racist with the "Well those are the good ones bs"
    -People seem to forget while kids in cages, They are also sanctuary cities.
    -Even though racist have marches in broad daylight, They are counter-protesters and counter-protesters generally outnumber the bigots

Fans are way too accepting that racism against mutants wouldn't be allowed go unchallenged by good people. Fans are way too accepting of stuff like War of Realms, Secret Empire or Secret Invasion could happen and superhuman community is forgiven. God could slaughter 1,000s of humans and Marvel humans would be fine. The racist who hate mutants wouldn't also develop completely rational hate and fear of Gods, Aliens, and Superhumans groups .Mutants forever have the scarlet letter with nobody every coming to their defense. While same racists will embrace superheroes many of which are not human even after logical reasons to hate superhumans would be around. Secret Empire and War of Realms are 9/11 equivalents.

You can't rationalize racism but we shouldn't try to rationalize what is happening at marvel 616 as logically either
    #offendedcrimsontidefan

(Kidding). But I am a fan doe.

For a racist Alabama football fan though.... wouldn’t them cheering for them in what some would argue is a modern day colloseum... be consistent with their racism?
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Tell that to all the people on this thread that have been constantly comparing said comic book to real life, particularly Kib911 and RG.

And as posted earlier, unfair when people say the Avengers do nothing at all, and seem to ignore the rare occasion when a writer actually makes some noticeable effort to have at least one of the Avengers help out the mutants with their problem of being destructively persecuted out of hatred, such as in 2012's Uncanny Avengers by Rick Remender:

I admit I don’t know the context of this panel at all, but if he indeed made the decision without consulting with mutants....
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Spectacular Member

Some thoughts , My only issue is The make-up of the council , Sinister and Apocalypse have killed and murdered countless people for their own personal benefit , I don't get how they are being evolved. I also have issues with them housing Emplate, It all seems like a disaster waiting to happen. I'm also not sure how every mutant being an X-Men makes sense in the long run , They should just have one solid X-Men team of about 20 rotating characters. I'm hoping they use Hope to repower Prodigy , Wind Dancer and Specter + most of the deceased students (Sucks Preview can't come to Krakoa)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Npresh24 View Post
    Some thoughts , My only issue is The make-up of the council , Sinister and Apocalypse have killed and murdered countless people for their own personal benefit , I don't get how they are being evolved. I also have issues with them housing Emplate, It all seems like a disaster waiting to happen. I'm also not sure how every mutant being an X-Men makes sense in the long run , They should just have one solid X-Men team of about 20 rotating characters. I'm hoping they use Hope to repower Prodigy , Wind Dancer and Specter + most of the deceased students (Sucks Preview can't come to Krakoa)
    I think you're supposed to take issue with including the villains on Krakoa and even the Quiet Council isn't meant to be some morally righteous act. Also every mutant isn't an X-Men they just have ridiculously large roster compared to everyone else lol

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Except, of course, Hickman spends 12 issues showing that it wasn't out nowhere and was being built for literally thousands of years.
    Please show me where Moira being a mutant and using her lives to engineer the lives of the X-Men was shown at any point before Hickman's arrival.

If you can't, then I am correct: that all of this stuff was never foreshadowed, never mentioned, and is part of Hickman simply declaring mutants the winner in his own series.