Page 194 of 434 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244294 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Not to mention Mr Sinister seems to have a big role in all this. So I definitely see some genetic manipulation being a major key in these books.
    It’s really creepy though. Whatever is really happening is going to be psychological horror level creepy. Like I said here somewhere earlier. It’s like an alien occupation story where the mutants are the aliens. It is hard right now for me to not see the mutants as antagonists. These are not the X-Men we knew last month. They have a different motive and we don’t really understand it. I hope it’s something that happened, that this is somehow necessary. Because if not it’s even more terrifying.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Putting my thoughts in order I guess what I am saying is what if Hickman’s pitch is:

Cerebro = Big Data
    Xavier + Krakoa = A data mining company
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

When your primary job is proof reading as a jr editor how do you **** that up? A monkey could do it.

Mighty Member

Seems like Xavier gave up on his dream of human/mutant coexistence.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    When your primary job is proof reading as a jr editor how do you **** that up? A monkey could do it.
    they have to make lots of books via several stages on a specific release schedule
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Anyone that reads digital knows that there are corrections after the fact on multiple occasions (if they check back). There was one comic during Secret Empire that was corrected and recorrected on the same thing at least three times. All over exactly where The Hulk was when his eyes appeared.

Anyone that has ever published anything know that feeling of seeing mistakes as soon as you know it’s out in the world. It is not an easy job to proof read.

Hickman has had these issues many times because his scripts are so detail rich.

P.S. no it wasn’t Secret Empire was it? Maybe No Surender. Case in point really. As soon as I hit post I knew I was wrong.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 07-28-2019 at 08:38 AM.

Spectacular Member

I worked comics production for years and there are frequently last minute changes that come in right before books have to be sent to the printer, often directly from the author/creator themself.

And, proofreading usually isn't the primary job of a junior editor at a comics company.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Taken from the Cyclops thread
    Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Hope he shows up.
    Attachment 85153
    anyone wants to speculate what is happening?
    what would the phoenix 5 have to do with this?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

Maybe something significant happened during that event? I imagine we'll be getting a glimpse at previous eras of the X-Men and how they're all interconnected.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Maybe something significant happened during that event? I imagine we'll be getting a glimpse at previous eras of the X-Men and how they're all interconnected.
    Isn’t that the whole point of Powers of X. That is shows us multiple things from the past and future that tie into the other book?

The Phoenix Force is an elaborate psychic hoax perpetrated by Xavier to shape events toward his goals.

I know that’s not true, but I don’t know if I’ve ever wished harder for a retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

Secret Wars convergences
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Secret Wars convergences
    The Phoenix 5 weren't in Secret War.

So which X-men are actually around for Powers of X?