Page 10 of 434 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    You just reminded me of RoguexMagneto.
    My... apologies?

Uhhh Bishop was huge in the 90s and developed a big fanbase. It’s not Bishop’s fault white writers are mostly interested in writing white characters.

Quote Originally Posted by 404ArgeTal View Post
    Still leagues above Bishop who was alive but never a big player on anything outside traumatizing a little girl for life.

Jean and Bishop aren't on the same level of relevance for the X-men at all.

Jean being alive or dead changes the books, she is one of the greatest and most influential members. Bishop is a very minor character. There is no comparission at all.
    that's why they are sticking this leech to her. To try to make him happen. Meanwhile jean could be single or **** someone else and her story stays relevant. she doesn't need him, he needs her, like a parasite.
    LOL Jean, the X-woman whose entire relevance is defined by the men in her life. Without Cyclops , Wolverine, and now Bishop being written to be infatuated with her, nobody would care for her. It's probably part of the reason they make her the center of the X-universe because she really has nothing going for her from a characteristic stand point. So many other X-women more interesting than her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    LOL Jean, the X-woman whose entire relevance is defined by the men in her life. Without Cyclops , Wolverine, and now Bishop being written to be infatuated with her, nobody would care for her. It's probably part of the reason they make her the center of the X-universe because she really has nothing going for her from a characteristic stand point. So many other X-women more interesting than her.
    you are confusing Jean with another telepath.
    jean has her own thing, she doesnt need any other man to be interesting. fact that she is a lot more interesting then the guys paired with her

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Jean was dead for 14 years and only became relevant again because she was shoved into every comic upon return to life.
    what? every character to be relevant has to be shoved on every book. How do you think Emma became relevant?
    Fans demanded her to be back.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    you are confusing Jean with another telepath.
    jean has her own thing, she doesnt need any other man to be interesting. fact that she is a lot more interesting then the guys paired with her
    Well that's just your opinion and here's mine... Jean Grey is nothing more than Marcia Brady in a comic book format. And no, she's not more interesting than Cyclops, Bishop, and definitely not Wolverine. The most defining thing about her creation(other than being Cyclops' arm candy) is her dying, even though other characters have probably died more than her lol.

Why we have to transform all threads into popularity contests.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I am the judge.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Well that's just your opinion and here's mine... Jean Grey is nothing more than Marcia Brady in a comic book format. And no, she's not more interesting than Cyclops, Bishop, and definitely not Wolverine. The most defining thing about her creation(other than being Cyclops' arm candy) is her dying, even though other characters have probably died more than her lol.
    Jean deads matter because she is important. That is why people remember it.
    But it isnt her defining characteristic. Not even close to it

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    My fault y'all, I'm done now. Sometimes I can't help it when I see one of my faves(Bishop) being dumped on. I don't even hate Jean btw... though I still stand by my opinions lol.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 404ArgeTal View Post
    Still leagues above Bishop who was alive but never a big player on anything outside traumatizing a little girl for life.
    There's also the matter of Bishop being a mass murderer. He is in the major league but as a villain.

That, not his relative popularity or unpopularity, is what makes him an inappropriate lover for Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    Attachment 80950
    Jordan replying to talk about the kid possibly being Bishop and Jean’s kid.
    JDW and Company are doing just fine writing terrible comics on their own behalf...wish it was just in their heads too

Mighty Member

Well that's just your opinion and here's mine... Jean Grey is nothing more than Marcia Brady in a comic book format.
    Regarding Silver Age Jean, you're right. She didn't really get much of a personality until Claremont started writing her in the 70s.

And no, she's not more interesting than Cyclops, Bishop, and definitely not Wolverine. The most defining thing about her creation(other than being Cyclops' arm candy) is her dying, even though other characters have probably died more than her lol.
    Rightly or wrongly, the most defining thing about her is all the Phoenix stuff. Dying and coming back goes with that name. That's what phoenixes do.

I think Adam Warlock may have died and come back more times than her, but I'm too lazy to count. Possibly Guardian (Mac, not Heather) of Alpha Flight, too.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    There's also the matter of Bishop being a mass murderer. He is in the major league but as a villain.

That, not his relative popularity or unpopularity, is what makes him an inappropriate lover for Jean.
    Emma did a lot of bad things, specially to Jean and was forgiven.
    IDK why Bishop can't be

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    Attachment 80950
    Jordan replying to talk about the kid possibly being Bishop and Jean’s kid.
    I agree. lol

Some fans have a bad romantic comedy version of X-men in their heads.