Page 16 of 434 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Given that those were just two covers and a panel...it might be a bit too soon to bring out the SJW soap boxes and NO Diversity! plack-cards.
    This is an ollie hostile stats to someone who is expressing disappointment in a (seemingly) lack of diversity in yet another Xmen title.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Save your admonishment for someone who deserves it. There was no hostility.
    I was just pointing out an absolute fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Retcon View Post
    Morrison’s DC runs were fine. It’s his NXM run that i abhore.
    This. I dont hate his run on X-Men but if I were to compare his New X-Men with his DC work. It's weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Given that those were just two covers and a panel...it might be a bit too soon to bring out the SJW soap boxes and NO Diversity! plack-cards.
    Covers to something that’s being promoted as a huge paradigm-shifting game-changing story. I guess characters of colour missed the memo?

Down with this sick filth.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Covers to something that’s being promoted as a huge paradigm-shifting game-changing story. I guess characters of colour missed the memo?
    But which is still not wholly indicative of what will actually be published within those covers. It's one thing to speculate, it's quite another to cast unfounded judgement. July will prove whether or not the soap boxes are needed.
    and btw...There is a character of colour on the PoX cover...Omega Sentinel.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-10-2019 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    From what I've heard Morrison wanted to bring Jean back immediately and was told no and instead wrote HTC as his final story.
    While fans have said this or similar things, we can't be sure of their accuracy. We have to go by what was said in interviews. I think Marvel intended more stories with Morrison on the X-men and he blindsided them by announcing at a convention that he was leaving to DC. We cannot be sure what he would have done, or if he would have brought Jean back.

Under Morrison's run the X-men were exciting again and it felt new and fresh even though he used classic X-men elements (sentinels, Jean as Phoenix, etc). He used evolution as a theme which was great. The x-men was a sci-fi book that it was meant to be.

I think Hickman is going to bring a similar excitement to the book. I am excited to see what he brings.

I heard Grant was going to have Jean open and run a chicken wing restaurant in Long Island. Dis tru?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I heard Grant was going to have Jean open and run a chicken wing restaurant in Long Island. Dis tru?
    That's cannibalism

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Hot Chicken Room.

BANNED

“Hot Chicken Room”lmfao. Do SJWs get a discount on Soap Boxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    We figured that the cast wouldn't be very diverse when Hickman was announced. I love Hickman and I'm excited to see where he goes, especially given how Cyclops was treated in Secret Wars, but diversity isn't on the table here.
    It is hard criticize Hickman that hard on diversity one of the last thing he did was Avengers and it had Nightmask, Captain Universe, Sunspot, Manifold, Shang Chi, Falcon,etc It is not amazing when you break down ratio and stuff. But his willingness to use new characters and many of those being minorities characters is at least a good sign of him just not rehashing the past and his ability to juggle a huge roster of characters is another good thing. X-men is a far more diverse franchise than Avengers I am expecting better results X-men.

BANNED

Hickman did more for Black Panther, Shuri, Sunspot and Shang-Chi than the X-Office did for all the non-white mutants in A DECADE, but let's cling to the idea that he'll be anti-diversity on the books based on promotional art. Sounds smart for me.

So is Scott's new costume blue? I can't really tell (colorblind).

BANNED

Purple. He stole the Phantoms costume an just added his “iconic” visor.
    Last edited by Retcon; 04-11-2019 at 05:24 AM.