Page 160 of 434 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by Souther View Post
    To be honest, the term Omega level was just used for pure fanboy or fangirl hype before this point.
    *whispers* It still is.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    Hmm I am really torned about this... While I agree with Owen about this I don't like how it's not about the potential of Destruction...

spoilers:
    Destroying the Planet is nothing. Some Omega Levels like Vulcan are of Cosmic Level and can be more. I am bit confused. Jean is an Omega Level telekinitic as descirbed many times before. And by the new description it makes the confusion. Jean's powerful Telekinisis upper limit can be surpassed and Exodus' can not?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    This is exactly why I'm choosing to believe that Jean's not just an omega level telepath - she's an omega level psionic in general. So the telepath is Quentin, telekinetic is Exodus, then Jean is BOTH. It better fits how she's been portrayed in the past and keeps the whole idea of just having ONE omega per category.
    end of spoilers
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

spoilers:
    Who's the Omega level mutant for eating bean burritos through a straw?
    end of spoilers
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I don't like this classification. I prefer one about destructiveness.
    Can they end life on earth or destroy the planet unaided? then they are Omega Level mutants. Legion can do it by reality manipulation as he did when he created the AoA reality, Iceman can freeze the planet killing all life on earth, Xorn can destroy the planet with a black hole. That is what I think of when I think of Omega Level mutant.
    Except when it was first defined in XMen Forever it was always about potential and no upper limits. NOT just pure destruction.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    spoilers:
    This is exactly why I'm choosing to believe that Jean's not just an omega level telepath - she's an omega level psionic in general. So the telepath is Quentin, telekinetic is Exodus, then Jean is BOTH. It better fits how she's been portrayed in the past and keeps the whole idea of just having ONE omega per category.
    end of spoilers
    "how she has been portrayed in the past" is very relative. In the 90s Jean was an alpha level mutant, like Cyclops or Havok. The deal of Jean and Scott was from her first resurrection until Morrison, that they werent omegas but could produce omega level offspring like xman and rachel.

Fantastic Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    This is more pleasable. spoilers:
    He gave Proteus Psionic Reality Manipulation though...
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

More spoilers from the same person:

https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen...major/eumy4u6/

spoilers:
    Looks like there no Mars.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    "how she has been portrayed in the past" is very relative. In the 90s Jean was an alpha level mutant, like Cyclops or Havok. The deal of Jean and Scott was from her first resurrection until Morrison, that they werent omegas but could produce omega level offspring like xman and rachel.
    spoilers:
    Jean was portrayed as being the Phoenix all on her own until it wasn't as early as 1978, and then was the only X-Factor member that concerned Apocalypse. Even in the 90s she was described as an Atom Bomb - and then that's not to speak of how she was even before Phoenixing out in New X-Men or after she got revived to now. That's what I'm referring to.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    This is more pleasable. spoilers:
    He gave Proteus Psionic Reality Manipulation though...
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Reality manipulation is specified. I'm saying psionics as a catch-all, though as far as reality manipulation might go that'd be a no go for her. She can change items atomically, but not warp reality.
    end of spoilers
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

spoilers:
    I always thought that Jean had greater pisionic powers than telepathy since she was controlled by other telepaths on several occasions. It would also fit into her pink form if it still matters or if anyone remembers it.

Well not that this list makes much difference if a writer decides that a mutant is at the omega level at some point (like Rachel or Magik) it will be until someone says otherwise.

end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    They have plans for Franklin Richards. They’re attacking a child. Name a more X-Men-y thing!
    end of spoilers

BANNED

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Hmm Interesting though I have a questions about this, but i'll wait till tomorrow.

spoilers:
    So: it sounds like Charles is probably controlling mutantkind to make them more aggressive, but also that humankind are acting like living cancer.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Chuck making boss moves. LOVE IT!!
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Fantastic Member

spoilers:
    Jean was portrayed as being the Phoenix all on her own until it wasn't as early as 1978, and then was the only X-Factor member that concerned Apocalypse. Even in the 90s she was described as an Atom Bomb - and then that's not to speak of how she was even before Phoenixing out in New X-Men or after she got revived to now. That's what I'm referring to.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Reality manipulation is specified. I'm saying psionics as a catch-all, though as far as reality manipulation might go that'd be a no go for her. She can change items atomically, but not warp reality.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    She can warp reality as Phoenix. Atomic manipulation on universal scale is a bit like warping reality... I get what you mean and I agree.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    spoilers:
    I always thought that Jean had greater pisionic powers than telepathy since she was controlled by other telepaths on several occasions. It would also fit into her pink form if it still matters or if anyone remembers it.

Well not that this list makes much difference if a writer decides that a mutant is at the omega level at some point (like Rachel or Magik) it will be until someone says otherwise.

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Really agree and hope that they use her Pink form. This makes her so unique.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    After years of being hunted and nearly wiped out on numerous occasions, it's good to see that Xavier and the mutants have learned something and are finally willing to try to turn the table.