Page 161 of 434 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211261 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 6499

this kinda makes sense now

"House of X is the House of Xavier, mirroring back to [Brian Michael] Bendis' House of M," Hickman revealed. "Powers of X is a play on a movie that's about a constantly expanding scale... times one, times two, times three," in regards to mutants' powers.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

"House of X is the House of Xavier, mirroring back to [Brian Michael] Bendis' House of M," Hickman revealed. "Powers of X is a play on a movie that's about a constantly expanding scale... times one, times two, times three," in regards to mutants' powers.
    Oh.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that I know what's going on.

spoilers:
    This is the culmination of the descent that Xavier has been on since Onslaught.
    end of spoilers
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    After years of being hunted and nearly wiped out on numerous occasions, it's good to see that Xavier and the mutants have learned something and are finally willing to try to turn the table.
    Exactly, it's about time EVERYONE has a backbone and instead of Barking. It's time to Start Biting back.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Exactly, it's about time EVERYONE has a backbone and instead of Barking. It's time to Start Biting back.
    The X-Men made the world a better place during AvX too. I have a feeling this will end the same way.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Oh, no doubt. It's also going to likely end up with the X-Men turning on Charles.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

it definitely seems like a building X up to be a villain and then towards the end knocking him all the way down so that he appears to be a hero again by the end of the event. Cause
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The X-Men made the world a better place during AvX too. I have a feeling this will end the same way.
    Of course, by the very nature of comics the plan will inevitably fail but it's good to see a change in the status quo from time to time.

This is not about winning or losing after all if it were serious humans would have no chance against the mutants in a war. I just want a break from extinction stories and see the mutants reacting instead of always getting the table crumbs.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    spoilers:
    That list was way too hard on psychics. No Nate, Cable or Rachel at all. Jean is only an omega level telepath but no TK.
    yet guys like Magneto get promoted to Omega, I know he is powerful but was it ever stated he was omega?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Sucks about that but I guess they didn't want too much people in telepathy.
    end of spoilers

also looking at the spoilers now it kind of makes sense, Hickman said on a recent interview that there are at least 92 mutants/ xmen in the series and 91 of those mutants are villains. So im going to take a guess and say Moira is the only "hero" in this event
    She's A Lifebringer

Haha i said this like two weeks ago about House of X being House of Xavier and even mentioned House of M. Okay, maybe me and hickman are on the same wave length which is a good thing for me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

also looking at the spoilers now it kind of makes sense, Hickman said on a recent interview that there are at least 92 mutants/ xmen in the series and 91 of those mutants are villains. So im going to take a guess and say Moira is the only "hero" in this event
    Hey maybe we will get AvX2 and how about the X-Men actually win that one!
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Jeeper 2.0 View Post
    Hey maybe we will get AvX2 and how about the X-Men actually win that one!
    Heavens no. Civil War II was bad enough. I don't need the Avengers and X-Men doing a Mickey Mouse routine where the two try to do extreme renovations to see who has the greatest headquarters.

Spectacular Member

I call BS. I'm all for a new story but to sweep decades worth of stories under the rug is lazy. Yea that mutant that we have shown to be all-powerful for decades well they aren't powerful anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by greyspawn View Post
    I call BS. I'm all for a new story but to sweep decades worth of stories under the rug is lazy. Yea that mutant that we have shown to be all-powerful for decades well they aren't powerful anymore.
    Eh, power seep needs to happen at some point. Otherwise a lot of people get left in the dust.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by greyspawn View Post
    They’re still powerful, they just have limits compared to those that dont.