Page 162 of 434 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 6499
    Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greyspawn View Post
    I call BS. I'm all for a new story but to sweep decades worth of stories under the rug is lazy. Yea that mutant that we have shown to be all-powerful for decades well they aren't powerful anymore.
    Just a reclassification. Characters still can do what they have always done.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Jeeper 2.0 View Post
    Just a reclassification. Characters still can do what they have always done.
    This. Unless Hickman puts a tighter ring on it, classifications mean very little & popularity will still determine fights. Wolverine will defeat anyone Omega Level. lol

No need to panic yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    This. Unless Hickman puts a tighter ring on it, classifications mean very little & popularity will still determine fights. Wolverine will defeat anyone Omega Level. lol

No need to panic yet.
    Yup, that is very true.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    After years of being hunted and nearly wiped out on numerous occasions, it's good to see that Xavier and the mutants have learned something and are finally willing to try to turn the table.
    and also without the mandate they now can. make them ripples xavier, show us that mandate is gone.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Eh, power seep needs to happen at some point. Otherwise, a lot of people get left in the dust.
    Sounds more a list of Hickman's favorites, not actual power levels. No matter how much hate people have towards Nate Grey it has been established by different writers in different eras that he is an Omega mutant. He has been that since AOA. To say well he is no longer that powerful because I say so sounds lazy.

Oh snap Marauders makes perfect sense to me now. If those spoilers are true there is going to need to be a team travelling the world and sneaking up on other countries to make sure they aren't benefiting off mutantkind while secretly torturing mutants within their own borders. Marauders is going to be THE team. I'm even more excited now.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Oh snap Marauders makes perfect sense to me now. If those spoilers are true there is going to need to be a team travelling the world and sneaking up on other countries to make sure they aren't benefiting off mutantkind while secretly torturing mutants within their own borders. Marauders is going to be THE team. I'm even more excited now.
    Yeah - the solicit says that they are protecting those that are hated and feared. Meaning mutants in territories that aren't in well-regarded areas in the world.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Yeah - the solicit says that they are protecting those that are hated and feared. Meaning mutants in territories that aren't in well-regarded areas in the world.
    spoilers:
    IIf Xavier really does create a cure for human disease and a longevity to their lives then they need a ground team to make sure they are keeping their part of the deal or have those gifts taken away by force if necessary.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-23-2019 at 05:39 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Sounds more a list of Hickman's favorites, not actual power levels. No matter how much hate people have towards Nate Grey it has been established by different writers in different eras that he is an Omega mutant. He has been that since AOA. To say well he is no longer that powerful because I say so sounds lazy.
    Sounds like he's been retconed out.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I don't see Sunspot, Monet, Emma, Cannonball, etc anywhere on that list, so it isn't Hickman's favorites.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Sounds like he's been retconed out.
    Good riddance!

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I don't see Sunspot, Monet, Emma, Cannonball, etc anywhere on that list, so it isn't Hickman's favorites.
    Emma’s in a class all her own

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    that actually definitely sounds quite about right, and if this is the case im so interested in that book even more
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Just posting the reddit spoils here.

spoilers:

Five months have passed.

The X-Men live in the nation of Krakoa, off the coast of Australia and New Zealand. There are various "habitats" (basically embassies) throughout the world (such as Westchester) that are linked by gateways.

Xavier has used Krakoa's flowers to develop new drugs that prolong human life and cure human disease. Any nation that recognizes Krakoa's sovereignty gains access to these drugs.

Members of AIM, SHIELD, STRIKE, SWORD, Alpha Flight, HAMMER, ARMOR, and HYDRA have founded an organization called Orchis, which acts as a doomsday protocol against the mutants. They are working with Karima Shapindar to create a new Master Mold as they theorize that humans have 20 years left as the dominant species on the planet.

Magneto is the central character of the issue. Cameos I spotted include Xavier, Marvel Girl, Elixir, Colossus, Storm, Iceman, Armor, Beast, Kitty Pryde, Lockheed, The Cuckoos, Banshee, Cypher, Sage, Wolverine, Mystique, Toad, Sabretooth, Xorn, and Cyclops.

There is a small confrontation with The Fantastic Four. The X-Men have plans for Franklin Richards.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

Following Age of X-Man, spoilers:
    Nate isn't on the same plane of existence as the rest of the Marvel universe, right?
    end of spoilers That being the case, why would he be on the list anyway?