Page 167 of 434 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 6499

I will be surprised if anyone can honestly and sincerely predict everything about this, as opposed to just a vague general idea, especially since we don't have Powers of X yet and that's literally half the story.

I am also keeping in mind that Hickman has said the whole point is to deliver something new that feels like something familiar, so it's not like even he is pretending that nobody will notice anything similar. They're going for that feeling, at least to a degree.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Souther View Post
    I will be surprised if anyone can honestly and sincerely predict everything about this, as opposed to just a vague general idea, especially since we don't have Powers of X yet and that's literally half the story.

I am also keeping in mind that Hickman has said the whole point is to deliver something new that feels like something familiar, so it's not like even he is pretending that nobody will notice anything similar. They're going for that feeling, at least to a degree.
    And if you're prediction did come true then Kudos? We're literally one issue into a 12 part story I'm sure there are quite a few surprises ahead.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Yeah. Chatted a bit more with hawkeyefan through PM, and while I am still not too pleased yet with one SMALL portion of the book, everything does sound interesting, so i'll still check out the issue when I get a chance to get hold of it.

But I am more looking forward to latter issues since this is clearly to set everything up, and POX 1 will probably continue that before we get to the real meat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Okay, I sent to everyone up to this point, but can’t do any more tonight. Again, my summary doesn’t do it justice. Looking forward to folks checking the issue out and discussing it.
    Thank you for your effort.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Souther View Post

Agreed, Hickman compared Hox to HoM so not everything is as it seems specially X and Magneto imo

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan
    Okay, I sent to everyone up to this point, but can’t do any more tonight. Again, my summary doesn’t do it justice. Looking forward to folks checking the issue out and discussing it.
    Thank you
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-23-2019 at 09:58 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    *reads latest spoilers* ... Why is Marvel so predictable, even when they're trying not to be?
    It's so easy to be perpetually negative. It's the type of criticism that takes the least amount of effort. And oftentimes makes us feel better about ourselves. I've seen you comment a lot on this upcoming Johnathan Hickman run. And the vast majority of it has been negative.

And reading your comments, it starts to make sense. It seems like the vast majority of your posts are through the lens of your feelings on Polaris. Which is one out of well over a hundred mutants that have been featured on an X-Men book/satellite title.

I guess I'm not really sure what I'm trying to say.. Not trying to single you out. Just, I've noticed a trend, and it's bumming me out. Because I think it's so much better when we're able to enjoy the things we love.

And I just feel like something needs to change, or you'll be perpetually disappointed. Either your expectations and perspective or Marvel. You seem to have given up on Marvel being able to meet your expectations. Maybe it's time you adjust yours, or simply move on?

That's gotta be better than waking up every day and being let down.

Fantastic Member

Just read it. It was VERY good, very meaty. Sets up a lot of interesting things. Lots of charts, as expected. If you dont enjoy this, I domt know what to tell you. Take up knitting?

Also, managed to snag the Ramos party variant and the Brooks connecting cover. Needless to say, these will go directly into my HoX, PoX, & DoX BoX.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post
    Just read it. It was VERY good, very meaty. Sets up a lot of interesting things. Lots of charts, as expected. If you dont enjoy this, I domt know what to tell you. Take up knitting?

Also, managed to snag the Ramos party variant and the Brooks connecting cover. Needless to say, these will go directly into my HoX, PoX, & DoX BoX.
    can you state as spoilers if the omega stuff was valid?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Crack theory, but Rosenberg implied that X “made” Jean and the O3 uhh not depressed (??):

There’s already some controversy over X being able to do this to Jean in the first place. So I’m not gonna fix that in this theory and just take it a step further. What if he had also implanted his dream or some prototype in her mind in order to make convincing her less of a challenge? We even get a similar visual between Red #1/Jean’s vision to Nightcrawler and POX #4.

[img]

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    You predicted all that?
    Every minute detail? No. The parts that matter? Yeah. It's "change" without change, same as always. The priorities, the perceptions, the shallow pool all remain the same, and it all goes where it always goes because there is nowhere else to go within these self-imposed confines.

Whether this will succeed or fail in the manner that people generally perceive these things, I have no idea. That's to come. What I do know is that at best, it will only achieve what people believe are the limits of what it could have achieved.

I realize I'm being vague and roundabout. I don't think now is the right time or place for big, lengthy blocks of text, especially as more is going on than it appears.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Lets be honest the only thing that would surprise you would be Polaris being treated with respect lol
    Haha, this is true. :P But for reasons that have grown far beyond "My fave!"

Quote Originally Posted by mozzle View Post
    It's so easy to be perpetually negative. It's the type of criticism that takes the least amount of effort. And oftentimes makes us feel better about ourselves. I've seen you comment a lot on this upcoming Johnathan Hickman run. And the vast majority of it has been negative.

And reading your comments, it starts to make sense. It seems like the vast majority of your posts are through the lens of your feelings on Polaris. Which is one out of well over a hundred mutants that have been featured on an X-Men book/satellite title.

I guess I'm not really sure what I'm trying to say.. Not trying to single you out. Just, I've noticed a trend, and it's bumming me out. Because I think it's so much better when we're able to enjoy the things we love.

And I just feel like something needs to change, or you'll be perpetually disappointed. Either your expectations and perspective or Marvel. You seem to have given up on Marvel being able to meet your expectations. Maybe it's time you adjust yours, or simply move on?

Honestly? I just have learned what to expect, and where tiny details send big messages. What looks to be the cause, isn't the cause. It's simply a sign of the cause, and the one that made me most aware. And frankly, treating that one sign alone is not going to treat the cause - I would not have stopped watching Gifted after Dreamer's death if "this has Polaris in it" was enough. Among other things.

The last time I ignored my intuition and senses in order to believe things could be different from what I saw with Marvel was the years after Secret Wars. I was foolish to do so, and I'm not going to repeat that mistake.

I'm sorry that the trend is bumming you out. It's not in my power to change the trend; it's in Marvel's. Anything more I could say on that point would just read strange. Since you seem to be enjoying things, I hope you do not see what I see.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post

What is BoX?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    What is BoX?
    its literal box . they are putting those three in their box lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    its literal box . they are putting those three in their box lol
    Looks like I didn't get the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzle View Post

That is curse of being fan of singular character fan in a ensemble property they are very rarely ever happy even fans of character who get a lot of time like Cyclops aren't happy with some minor detail or treatment. This Dawn of X period they are at least 92 character in play being used

Do you see Celia Reyes, Darwin, Warpath, Triage,Gentle,Hellion,Etc on that list of characters? Nope. I am going to complain nope because 92 is a freaking large number and even in that 92 characters they are some who aren't going to get much time. You either focus who isn't there and who isn't getting time. Or you focus who is there and hey look Maggot, Lifeguard, Genesis(not Apocalypse),Goldballs,Frenzy, Shark girl and others are being used. Fans who like the whole property and not just one thing tend to be happier.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    That is curse of being fan of singular character fan in a ensemble property they are very rarely ever happy even fans of character who get a lot of time like Cyclops aren't happy with some minor detail or treatment. This Dawn of X period they are at least 92 character in play being used

Do you see Celia Reyes, Darwin, Warpath, Triage,Gentle,Hellion,Etc on that list of characters? Nope. I am going to complain nope because 92 is a freaking large number and even in that 92 characters they are some who aren't going to get much time. You either focus who isn't there and who isn't getting time. Or you focus who is there and hey look Maggot, Lifeguard, Genesis(not Apocalypse),Goldballs,Frenzy, Shark girl and others are being used. Fans who like the whole property and not just one thing tend to be happier.
    They wouldn't have such staunch fans of singular characters if they aged and advanced and finished character arcs appropriately.

Its their own fault they decided to keep Kitty Pryde as a young-twenty-something girl for 40 years and then end up with fans who only want to see her. You can't have that both ways.

If they want to shift their focus to the medium and the world rather than specific characters living in stasis, be my guest. But they are the ones choosing not to, decade after decade.