Page 17 of 434 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Hickman did more for Black Panther, Shuri, Sunspot and Shang-Chi than the X-Office did for all the non-white mutants in A DECADE, but let's cling to the idea that he'll be anti-diversity on the books based on promotional art. Sounds smart for me.
    Well it's not really about Hickman, so much as the X-Office. Hickman did well with characters outside of the X-Office. But inside of it is questionable. Such as how much freedom does Hickman have. Many loved Morrison, but apparently he was bogged down so much by editorial changing stuff, he started turning in scripts at the last min. Apparently, he wanted to revive Jean, but the X-Office didn't & she remained dead for 14 years.

So some are just jaded regarding the X-Office, rather than Hickman. Other examples Emma Frost. Her fans have praised how great she is in Jessica Jones where she's still a clearly anti-hero. But some are dreading Uncanny for fear she's gonna be demoted to a one-note madwoman. I think some Storm fans have mentioned her role in BP being better than anything the X-Office dished out. Inverted Creed has gotten better treatment & respect in 4 issues of Iron Fist and 2 issues of Black Widow than he did from the X-Office since Mar. 2017.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 04-11-2019 at 05:25 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'm more concerned about people complaining about Jean's bare thighs in a book where everyone runs around in skin tight fetish outfits.

Hickman did more for Black Panther, Shuri, Sunspot and Shang-Chi than the X-Office did for all the non-white mutants in A DECADE, but let's cling to the idea that he'll be anti-diversity on the books based on promotional art. Sounds smart for me.
    Hickman was also on Secret Warriors but I guess the haters forgot about that too.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'm more concerned about people complaining about Jean's bare thighs in a book where everyone runs around in skin tight fetish outfits.
    she's not even thicc, why is she here?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    So is Scott's new costume blue? I can't really tell (colorblind).
    Yes.It's blue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Well it's not really about Hickman, so much as the X-Office. Hickman did well with characters outside of the X-Office. But inside of it is questionable. Such as how much freedom does Hickman have. Many loved Morrison, but apparently he was bogged down so much by editorial changing stuff, he started turning in scripts at the last min. Apparently, he wanted to revive Jean, but the X-Office didn't & she remained dead for 14 years.

So some are just jaded regarding the X-Office, rather than Hickman. Other examples Emma Frost. Her fans have praised how great she is in Jessica Jones where she's still a clearly anti-hero. But some are dreading Uncanny for fear she's gonna be demoted to a one-note madwoman. I think some Storm fans have mentioned her role in BP being better than anything the X-Office dished out. Inverted Creed has gotten better treatment & respect in 4 issues of Iron Fist and 2 issues of Black Widow than he did from the X-Office since Mar. 2017.
    That would be fair, but even the X-Office wouldn't be dumb enough to chase Hickman away after nearly four years away from the mainstream. I doubt White would try to smother him with the same limitations other writers got, so a "wait-and-see" approach would be better.

Can't have Saint Jean running around like that harlot Emma!

Hickman was also on Secret Warriors but I guess the haters forgot about that too.
    Anything is forgettable if it doesn't fit this week's narrative.

That would be fair, but even the X-Office wouldn't be dumb enough to chase Hickman away after nearly four years away from the mainstream. I doubt White would try to smother him with the same limitations other writers got, so a "wait-and-see" approach would be better.
    I'm more jaded, so I never underestimate the stupidity of the X-Office. Hell JDW had to retcon one of his own comments the other day when he forget about Cyclops' death.

Plus, even if it sounds negative, the speculation is fun. lol We have no choice but to wait & see what we get. But until then, the speculation runs wild.

And it's not just here. On the Buffy-Boards, the same fire is coming through ith the new comics. People who hate the new directions for characters.
    People who hate characters period.
    People who fear writers won't treat characters well (namely Angel in favor of Pet Spike).

So it just seems typical for long-time, devotees. lol

I'm more jaded, so I never underestimate the stupidity of the X-Office. Hell JDW had to retcon one of his own comments the other day when he forget about Cyclops' death.

Plus, even if it sounds negative, the speculation is fun. lol We have no choice but to wait & see what we get. But until then, the speculation runs wild.

And it's not just here. On the Buffy-Boards, the same fire is coming through ith the new comics. People who hate the new directions for characters.
    People who hate characters period.
    People who fear writers won't treat characters well (namely Angel in favor of Pet Spike).

So it just seems typical for long-time, devotees. lol
    I still don't know why Spike is a thing.

JDW retconing himself is hilarious, also explain a lot about continutiy between x-books

If people bothered to see what people was saying, they would know that the argument raised was that POC and women aren't developed.
    someone even posted a graphic explaining ho wlittle charcaters were developed, and the one more developed were white
    Last edited by spirit2011; 04-11-2019 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    If people bothered to see what people was saying, they would know that the argument raised was that POC and women aren't developed.
    someone even posted a graphic explaining ho wlittle charcaters were developed, and the one more developed were white
    Hickman doesn't really develop characters to begin with. He's all about plot and in that cases, he uses his PoC characters very well. And Iron Man and Cap ultimately being the most important characters in his Avengers run doesn't mean anything. They are arguably the two most central characters in that franchise in a way that no one really is in the X-books. Hell I'd argue they've become the two main characters of the entire Marvel Universe in the past 15 years. "One was life, one was death" and all that

Other characters still played great, consequential roles in his Avengers run including many characters of color
    Last edited by The Kid; 04-11-2019 at 07:41 AM.

I still don't know why Spike is a thing.
    Many loved James Marsters. Spike was supposed to be a disposable villain but James made him popular, now we can't get rid of him...Buffy was supposed to kill him in season 2, but James was so beloved by then, they crippled & put him in the wheelchair for a while.

Plus many found James hot as well. So he's also a sex symbol. Though I am sure not getting that.

JDW retconing himself is hilarious, also explain a lot about continuity between x-books
    It's quite troubling, imo. lol I LOVED his work with Duggan on Deadpool. But so far not feeling him on the X-books.

Many loved James Marsters. Spike was supposed to be a disposable villain but James made him popular, now we can't get rid of him...Buffy was supposed to kill him in season 2, but James was so beloved by then, they crippled & put him in the wheelchair for a while.

Plus many found James hot as well. So he's also a sex symbol. Though I am sure not getting that.
    he was a bit above average, but i thought Angel was a lot hotter than Spike.

It's quite troubling, imo. lol I LOVED his work with Duggan on Deadpool. But so far not feeling him on the X-books.
    He was doing well on star wars books. Now with Hickman i hope x-books will be in track.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Hickman doesn't really develop characters to begin with. He's all about plot and in that cases, he uses his PoC characters very well. And Iron Man and Cap ultimately being the most important characters in his Avengers run doesn't mean anything. They are arguably the two most central characters in that franchise in a way that no one really is in the X-books. Hell I'd argue they've become the two main characters of the entire Marvel Universe in the past 15 years. "One was life, one was death" and all that

Other characters still played great, consequential roles in his Avengers run including many characters of color
    What x-men need is some character work. I think is easier for avengers books be plot oriented because many of its characters have solos.

What x-men need is some character work. I think is easier for avengers books be plot oriented because many of its characters have solos.
    It doesn't help that Disassembled tends to be what we get when X-Men events are more plot-oriented: lots of costumes spouting almost interchangeable dialogue while we chug along from point to point.

What did Shuri do in his books other than die?

And Shang-Chi didn't really have much development either except that his martial arts training somehow let him talk to the universe. He was just kinda there as part of the bloated cast.

What POCs were in Secret Warriors? I'll give him Manifold, but Slingshot disappeared for a big chunk of the series. It was mostly white people in that series

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    What did Shuri do in his books other than die?

And Shang-Chi didn't really have much development either except that his martial arts training somehow let him talk to the universe. He was just kinda there as part of the bloated cast.
    And Sunspot was developed by Spencer and Ewing in spin-off books.

What POCs were in Secret Warriors? I'll give him Manifold, but Slingshot disappeared for a big chunk of the series. It was mostly white people in that series
    Yeah, Bendis created the Secret Warriors and co-wrote the first arc of the series with Hickman, but once Bendis left, Hickman immediately pivoted to writing about Nick Fury, centuries-old secret organizations and graphs within graphs, while the Secret Warrios became side characters in their own book.

he was a bit above average, but i thought Angel was a lot hotter than Spike.
    You're better than me. I thought Spike was ugly. Except from a distance where he could be cute. lol Now James Marsters os ok-looking irl, as he seems like a funny cool guy.

But when his looks are put with Spike's character....eck. lol

He was doing well on star wars books. Now with Hickman i hope x-books will be in track.
    One could hope, but White's beliefs are concerning. Especially with his statements that stable ships are boring. So may be more triangles, cheating, and toxic romances of the Deadpool x Shiklah caliber to come. He hates villain redemption stories & already had Creed reset to typical one-note villain status. He lost me there. lol Magneto has been reset to more villain than ally, and Emma may be heading in that direction.

So far, he hasn't said or done anything that's gotten me excited or hopeful. Rosenberg isn't helping either. lol