Page 171 of 434 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221271 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Sabretooth, Mystique, Toad, and Omega Sentinel also appear but I'm not sure if the former three are X-Men and the latter is definitely not.
    I'm not sure about that, they did specify that spoilers:
    her affiliation is Unknown. Very good chance she is a spy
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by PopCulturePooka; 07-24-2019 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Pretty much, Ironically this concept should kinda been Genosha but Marvel seem more interested decimating it of building it in something interesting.
    Utopia too but of course it was too good to be true.

What an awesome introduction into this new world of X-Men!

Fresh story & concept, beautiful art, informative "data pages"...so exciting!

The only thing I did not like was it had to end. I could have kept reading & reading...

Anyone have a full translation yet of the "Krakoan" language?
    Last edited by Andru; 07-24-2019 at 04:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post

We have new gods now.
    Yes this is masterful writing/ideas. Hickman give a plausible reason for Humans to Fear and probably Hate mutants in 616 world .Xavier and Magneto visions are in tact(even though Xavier seems to be a little more aggressive in ideals than normal) You can see both of their reasoning for doing things. Magneto is loving every second of being the dominant species with a powerbase.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-24-2019 at 04:22 AM.

Edit:it's late. Apparently, I forgot how to spoiler tag. I'll try again later.

EXCELLENT issue, though! I feel energized again in a way I haven't in a longtime, with this property. I cant I til next week!
    Last edited by zinderel; 07-24-2019 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    So...this was fantastic and I cant wait to see where it goes!

One question, though...

<Spoiler>'Charles Xavier' is CLEARLY The Maker...right? I mean...that cold open was some sinister effing stuff, to me...</spoiler>
    [] [/] to hide your words with spoil

All I can say is Hickman has a very distinct writing style, it was all very Hickman I didn’t find it particularly interesting but it wasn’t bad. Not sure if I will bother with the next one.

Mighty Member

Oh god, I just realized Toad stole the Dysonsphere.

Hickman, The dysonsphere was cool the first time, really don't need to do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Yes this is masterful writing/ideas. Hickman give a plausible reason for Humans to Fear and probably Hate mutants in 616 world .Xavier and Magneto visions are in tact(even though Xavier seems to be a little more aggressive in ideals than normal) You can see both of their reasoning for doing things. Magneto is loving every second of being the dominant species with a powerbase.
    Yeah, and this definitely feels more like Magneto's playbook than Xavier's. It makes sense for Xavier to broker a compromise between all the mutant factions to ensure their survival, but his dream was always that mutants and humans would live together in peace. Of course, we already know from the marketing materials that he knows something that we don't.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    An idea can be intuited from the solicits that we've seen.

Mutants are going to be an accepted, potentially dominant species. The X-Men have their own international police (Marauders) and intelligence agency (X-Force.) Etc, etc, etc.
    Seems more likely Marauders--aka Pirates from the cover--would be independently operating rather than working for Krakoa/Xavier/Magneto et. al., because that's what pirates.. do.

But regardless of speculation, it was a better intro to a new status quo than Age of X-man, so I'll give it that. The art is good and the design is great, giving out reference material and information that makes it look thoroughly planned and researched out. I am mildly worried the ending of it all will amount to "gotta save those omega level mutants and **** the rest" because of how it was set up here (and again, why is Jean an omega for telepathy and not telekinesis..?) but oh well. I'd prefer QQ not be listed on there at all either, but, pet mutants and such.

Not a bad setup at all, but really gotta see where it's going to dig my heels in.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    Seems more likely Marauders--aka Pirates from the cover--would be independently operating rather than working for Krakoa/Xavier/Magneto et. al., because that's what pirates.. do.

But regardless of speculation, it was a better intro to a new status quo than Age of X-man, so I'll give it that. The art is good and the design is great, giving out reference material and information that makes it look thoroughly planned and researched out. I am mildly worried the ending of it all will amount to "gotta save those omega level mutants and **** the rest" because of how it was set up here (and again, why is Jean an omega for telepathy and not telekinesis..?) but oh well. I'd prefer QQ not be listed on there at all either, but, pet mutants and such.

Not a bad setup at all, but really gotta see where it's going to dig my heels in.
    She has always shown greater feats of telepathy than of telekinesis. Compared to Exodus or Stryfe, her telekinesis is just very good.

Excuse me si vous please -- what is this talk of redefining "omega" and lists of mutants and where can one find said list prior to obtaining (gawd willing) a hard copy from my LCS ??! K luv ya

Mighty Member

Oh man, I just realized, does that mean tha loser Exodus is back?

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    Just like how Sir Francis Drake was not working for the crown, honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Oh man, I just realized, does that mean tha loser Exodus is back?
    He's on covers, we already knew that.