Page 172 of 434 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Excuse me si vous please -- what is this talk of redefining "omega" and lists of mutants and where can one find said list prior to obtaining (gawd willing) a hard copy from my LCS ??! K luv ya
    List:
    spoilers:
    Jamie Braddock (Monarch) - Quantum Reality Manipulation
    Robert Drake (Iceman) - Negative Temperature Manipulation
    Joshua Foley (Elixir) - Biokinesis
    Jean Grey (Marvel Girl) - Telepathy
    David Haller (Legion) - Power Manifestation
    Erik Lensherr (Magneto) - Magnetism
    Kevin MacTaggert (Proteus) - Psionic Reality Manipulation
    Absalon Mercator (Mister M) - Matter Manipulation
    Ororo Munroe (Storm) - Weather Manipulation
    Bennet du Paris (Exodus) - Telekinesis
    Quentin Quire (Kid Omega) - Telepathy
    Franklin Richards (Powerhouse) - Universal Reality Manipulation
    Gabriel Summers (Vulcan) - Energy Manipulation
    Hope Summers (Hope) - Power Manipulation
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    He's on covers, we already knew that.
    God dammit hickman. Always bringing back lames better left forgotten. Did this same junk with starbrand.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

this omega power level stuff really is going to be the only thing people take away from this issue :/

Joseph should be in the list as the Master of 90s Ponytail Mullets.

Excellent issue. Mostly a setup but very intriguing and exciting.

Loved reading Hickman's data pages, notes and the Krakoa map spoilers:
    Cool that there's a House of M there
    end of spoilers.

spoilers:
    His script specifically specifies three types of flowers (for drugs, habitats and gateways) for the X-Men to plant, but they all look the same. Was that a mistake?
    end of spoilers

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

First issue is a slow burn but Hickman's got hooked on what his plan is with Xavier.

Larraz art = 10/10
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Best X-men issue in...I don't know, don't want to say ever, but certainly a very long time; we truly have something new and different.

And yeah, there's something going on with Chuck.

Astonishing Member

That was a fun issue. I could understand how at face value it doesn't seem that revolutionary, when you consider we've seen the same concepts (mainly the idea of a mutant safe haven) presented in previous books. What I think Hickman is doing differently is that at least for now he seems committed to it and is accompanying the idea with new ideas and ideological shifts that actually feel fresh and will obviously build to something even greater. I also welcomed the omega level list, even though it never really bothered me that it was a bit wonky. I don't visit battle forums much so I never made a big deal about it

Other than that, hoping for some great character work over the next few issues and the upcoming conflicts that seem to be on the horizon. Gonna be interesting to see how the rest of the superhero community reacts to all the revelations as the story unfolds.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Just like how Sir Francis Drake was not working for the crown, honest.
    Where's the 'like' button? XD

But yeah, I'm intrigued. This is just the first issue, and it's introducing ideas that have years of story potential behind them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Yes this is masterful writing/ideas. Hickman give a plausible reason for Humans to Fear and probably Hate mutants in 616 world .Xavier and Magneto visions are in tact(even though Xavier seems to be a little more aggressive in ideals than normal) You can see both of their reasoning for doing things. Magneto is loving every second of being the dominant species with a powerbase.
    Seriously. I've read this book four times already and my enjoyment didn't diminish at all. It's amazing, there's just so many concepts to unpack.

spoilers:
    On the character level, I love that Xavier's approach is aggressive compared to his standard, but it works perfectly here. Picking Erik as the ambassador was also a strong move. He knows who Magneto is, he knows he would take the chance to flex on the flatscans and enjoy every second of being in power and that's exactly what would keep the other ambassadors in line. The offer is friendly, but he can just unleash Erik and have what he wants by force at any moment. It's just too good.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Also, just realized this is yet another book in which Wolverine is on the cover, but barely appears.

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Well worth the read. One thing that has me interested:

spoilers:
    In the section where they show when each issue is coming out HoX-2, HoX-5, and PoX-6 are highlighted in red. What could it mean
    end of spoilers
    I was wondering that too. Maybe overtly telling us to look?

House of X is good. It's a nice world building issue. That said what they have Professor X doing goes against what the character stood for. The only reason it isn't a huge problem is that Professor X isn't actually Professor X. He is the merging of Professor X and Fantomx. I don't want to spoil it because people should buy it. He had a dream
    If you're been reading X-men for a long time then you should know what it was.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Still some time away from an official thread to be opened to discuss it better.
    "Cable was right!"

I don't know if I'm reading too much into it but spoilers:
    when Esme's introducing the representatives to the Krakoan habitat, she mentions how her and Sophie, along with their sisters act as staff in the habitat. Was that a sly confirmation that the Cuckoos are all alive again?
    end of spoilers