Page 177 of 434 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227277 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 6499
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    A good issue really liked it. They weren't kidding when they said it was new milestone for the franchise. Any one also noticed the lettering of the speeches was the same they used to use for the ultimate universe.
    Morrison's run also used lowercase lettering.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Dammit.
    It's everything I never knew I always wanted.
    Mutants are not victims anymore, actually they are almost bullies.
    So much of international relations and diplomacy.
    Yeah, all those medical advances being offered to humanity certainly gives a new power dynamic to the whole mutant cause. I mean, who needs nukes for self-defence when you have a monopoly on the secrets to eternal life and good health? There have been mutant states in the past, like Genosha and whatever happened in Secret Empire, but Krakoa looks like it might actually survive.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I feel like Hickman put in the Fantastic Four as a nod to his first epic Marvel run. He also took the Sol's Hammer from his Avengers run and had it repurposed by Orchis into that Mothermold/Orchis Forge station.
    Yeah if you know Hickman, he hides all sorts of things in his books. There are *cough* seeds planted here that we won't see unraveled till years from now and minds will be blown.

Really, DON'T expect answers in this issue. Expect setup, questions, and nuggets for speculation.

What a fun time to be an X-fan.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I feel like Hickman put in the Fantastic Four as a nod to his first epic Marvel run. He also took the Sol's Hammer from his Avengers run and had it repurposed by Orchis into that Mothermold/Orchis Forge station.
    For me it felt like he put them in as a nod to both their returns to the Marvel U. The X-men are doing something that has repercussions throughtout the entire MU and their son is important to the X-men. In that respect they are connected in movie rights and literally. kind of meta. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Also, just realized this is yet another book in which Wolverine is on the cover, but barely appears.
    But it was a nice appearance. We get to see him happy, laughing, and playing with the mutant children which will probably be most people's favorite panel. lol

So least he wasn't wasted here.

One thing stood out to me on the map too and i can easily see other countries worrying about this big time. Is krakoa still growing? I was like the world about to be a pangea again.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    That's why he's on one of the covers.
    I was going for low key foreshadowing.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

I'm still so happy that Chuck is finally back and active. Lol my dude came back to life and quickly took back control of mutantkind. That's BDE right there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I'm still so happy that Chuck is finally back and active. Lol my dude came back to life and quickly took back control of mutantkind. That's BDE right there.
    I wouldn't say quickly. The first few panels say this Krakoa thing played out over weeks/months. Sounds like House #2 will show us how this all played out. I saw a Tweet that said it was a fantastic issue and sure enough, it's one of the "red" ones in the reading order.

Welcome to a new beginning .

I haven't felt that way with the X-men in a while and I'm really happy about that.

10/10 folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I had the exact same feelings. I liked it a lot! Great setup and makes me want more.

Also, has anyone noticed that there might be 4 Cuckoos? One in black and 3 in white
    In the Director's Cut it's said Five Cuckoos, 4 in white, 1 in black. Not sure why only 4 were used.

BANNED

You mean quietly?

Xavier is back in 2017 I think.
    The issue revealed something "changed" 2 years ago.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 07-24-2019 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    I wouldn't say quickly. The first few panels say this Krakoa thing played out over weeks/months. Sounds like House #2 will show us how this all played out. I saw a Tweet that said it was a fantastic issue and sure enough, it's one of the "red" ones in the reading order.
    Very true! I'm curious how this all went about building up. IIRC Xavier has been back a while so he may have planning for this from the shadows before introducing himself. But damn, he's got Cyclops and everyone straight up committed to his cause. It's kinda creepy tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    In the Director's Cut it's said Five Cuckoos, 4 in white, 1 in black. Not sure why only 4 were used.
    I just read the director's cut now!
    So X/Krakoa brought them back. This might mean in the first pages we saw other dead X-Men coming back (Vulcan?). This could be a nice way to reset the recent deaths.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Very true! I'm curious how this all went about building up. IIRC Xavier has been back a while so he may have planning for this from the shadows before introducing himself. But damn, he's got Cyclops and everyone straight up committed to his cause. It's kinda creepy tbh
    He is the creator of the dream and founder of the X-men. People forget but he is actually a great an inspiring person