Page 18 of 434 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'm more concerned about people complaining about Jean's bare thighs in a book where everyone runs around in skin tight fetish outfits.

Hickman was also on Secret Warriors but I guess the haters forgot about that too.
    Yupp. Pretty much.

I'm more concerned about people complaining about Jean's bare thighs in a book where everyone runs around in skin tight fetish outfits.

You are not the only one, it's like suddenly women ( in comics )are not allowed to show skin anymore, wearing a sexy costume if you are a female is turning out to be considered the greatest sin since adam and eve got to bit that apple.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    You are not the only one, it's like suddenly women ( in comics )are not allowed to show skin anymore, wearing a sexy costume if you are a female is turning out to be considered the greatest sin since adam and eve got to bit that apple.
    There still seems to be skin. Emma still dresses as skimpy as she always has.

And they keep putting Monet back in the terrible X-Factor suit with her boobs out.
    RCO013_w copy.jpg
    If only they remembered her melanin like they do this costume...

Putting Monet in those outfits is creepy as hell, just like Husk and Angel. She was barely an adult yet she was the most blatantly sexualized of the GenX kids.....worms are really in the brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Putting Monet in those outfits is creepy as hell, just like Husk and Angel. She was barely an adult yet she was the most blatantly sexualized of the GenX kids.....worms are really in the brain.
    Compared to PAD's X-Factor, I didn't mind GenX...

But there definitely was an art style where she was depicted as a 21 year old rather than someone who's supposed to be 16.
    African Beauty.jpg
    That's a rather adult-looking teenager. lol

Overall, Monet's character had sexuality, but didn't go into Mini-Emma Frost territory like PAD did.

I keep saying her X-Factor suit looks like something she stole from Emma.
    Emma Boobs copy.jpg
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 04-11-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Compared to PAD's X-Factor, I didn't mind GenX...

But there definitely was an art style where she was depicted as a 21 year old rather than someone who's supposed to be 16.
    African Beauty.jpg
    That's a rather adult-looking teenager. lol

Overall, Monet's character had sexuality, but didn't go into Mini-Emma Frost territory like PAD did.

I keep saying her X-Factor suit looks like something she stole from Emma.
    Emma Boobs copy.jpg
    Yikesss

comics love to sexualize WOC. there is ways to put teenagers on shorts that doesn't sexualize them

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Yikesss

comics love to sexualize WOC. there is ways to put teenagers on shorts that doesn't sexualize them
    It was up & down in GenX after issue 40 when "real Monet" showed up. Sometimes she was preppy casual & did look more like a teenager.

Here, she actually looks like a young girl. Rather than an adult model. lol
    422550-m8.jpg
    Then other times...yeah.

Check out thicc Monet.
    RCO007_w_1465470420.jpg
    The butt is strong with this one. lol She looks about 19 here. Nothing bad about her outfit exactly, but the art is presented in a way where she's coming off sexier than a 16-year-old should be. Like the "teenagers" in Cruel Intentions with Sarah Michelle Gellar. Teenagers walking around in lingerie, having lesbo kisses in the park & drinking wine.

They had cases of going too far with her outfits & body-type as a teenager.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 04-11-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Yikesss

Nothing beats when Aaron put Idie in Black Queen clothes.

So...Going by Silver Fangs' post ^^
    One can aver that it's not comics in general that "love to sexualise WOC" (dare I say, Women in general) but particular artists who 1: just has a particular, more sexual style and 2: just don't follow character specs very closely.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-11-2019 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    So...Going by Silver Fangs' post ^^
    One can aver that it's not comics in general that "love to sexualise WOC" (dare I say, Women in general) but particular artists who 1: just has a particular, more sexual style and 2: just don't follow character specs very closely.
    But in the case of the style, it was only done with Monet.

A full scan here. Monet is the sex symbol, but you don't see Jubilee being depicted as sexual.
    Drink.JPG
    RCO007_w_1465470420 (1).jpg

In fact, she damn near never is. I can't remember ever really seeing any artists depict Jubilee as sexy. Even now when she's 17. Compared to how they depicted teenage Monet.

Even now, of the younger X-Generation, Monet is shown as the most sexualized.
    Hellfire Club.jpg
    Though half the time, she's not a WoC. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 04-11-2019 at 11:20 AM.

I do see your point SF.
    Consider the character themselves...Jubilee, the gregarious tom-boy mall rat as compared to the more mature, worldly and sophisticated Monet.
    Still, as you astutely pointed out, the fact that Jubilee isn't illustrated in that manner shows that not all WOC are sexualised...and...that is Land's art in the last pic...well...Land...'nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Tell me why exposed cleavage and thighs make sense as Jean’s superhero costume. Tell me why men don’t typically show nearly as much skin (and dont act like muscles arent just a masculine power fantasy). Get back to me when Cyclops’ bulge is exaggerated and prominent.
    Last edited by Strong Girl Daken; 04-11-2019 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Tell me why exposed cleavage and thighs make sense as Jean’s superhero costume. Tell me why men don’t typically show nearly as much skin (and dont act like muscles arent just a masculine power fantasy). Get back to me when Cyclops’ bulge is exaggerated and prominent.
    I dont have to tell you anything, women and men should be free to dress as fancy and as sexy as they like, if Jean wants to wear a mini-skirt more power to her, summer is coming and I can only sympathize with her desire to wear lighter, more revealing clothes, no one should condemned to be confined inside a rubber sarcophagus during the hottest months of the year!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

So what's the problem?

a) The comic book artists are creepers or
    b) If Monet had her own autonomy that she wouldn't wear outfits that show off her figure?
    "Cable was right!"

So what's the problem?

a) The comic book artists are creepers or
    b) If Monet had her own autonomy that she wouldn't wear outfits that show off her figure?
    it may be just my anecdotal experience but I know plenty of autonomous and sexually liberated women that enjoy dressing according to their figure, isn't the ability to wear whatever you like one of the reasons behind so many people taking care of their shape and physical health? it's all about the freedom to wear or not to wear something according to the mood, the day, the season and the fashion.