Page 184 of 434 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    What about logan?
    He was creepy too

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Real friendly, with his veiled threats.
    The threats were at the end, before that they were having a normal conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    No, it doesn't and it's not how the world politics works. We are talking not about a brick house, but an island with a huge number of mutants who have dangerous powers. It looks suspicious and will not bring anything good in humans/mutants relationships.

There are no "private" or "sacred" areas in any civilized countries, where it would be forbidden for a tourist to walk.

"Die" is not an option right now, they are stronger than ever. So it's only segregation.
    The book itself said Krakoa is all organic and creates natural habitats for the mutants to live in. The mutants live in those habitats not outside on the field. krakoa is sentinent meaning the island isn't all of krakoa. Therefore being where they live it is private property. it's no different if i owned 200 acres of land and built a bunch of houses on it. You can come into america, but you can't step foot in my 200 acres of land unless you were given permission because it is private property. Mutants don't have to humans on their private property anymore than humans do. Thats just called respect.

And yes, citizens just can't walk into military bases and walk around secret information just because they are a tourist. I live in america and tourists can't just go wherever they want here. And they can't do it over the pond either.

Or are mutants not allowed to have Private property in the country of Krokoa?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    But we know the Rasputin and the priest character appear in issue #1, and that can't be only 10 years in the future.

true.It could just be the span of a 100 years concurrently. like 50 years >Present<50 years
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    The threats were at the end, before that they were having a normal conversation.
    You think? My immediate vibe was courtesy and diplomacy. Stone cold Cyclops. I loved it for that. It was like a terrorist reminding everyone what was at stake.

He was the velvet for Erik’s iron glove.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 07-25-2019 at 06:40 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

So might this be the new reality created by Magneto and X-Man, which was shown inAoXM Omega???

You think? My immediate vibe was courtesy and diplomacy. Stone cold Cyclops. I loved it for that. It was like a terrorist reminding everyone what was at stake.
    I don't think it was a threat, i think it was a follow up to what was unsaid in the script that he didn't feel sue really understood so he wanted to remind her that her son is a mutant too and while they live a safe life and were out travelling the multiverse having giggles other mutants were being hunted and killed. It was more something to think about. "If we fail here, this time they'll probably come for your son too." It reminds me of the "when they came for.. we did nothing..."
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    So might this be the new reality created by Magneto and X-Man, which was shown inAoXM Omega???
    I think we can safely say no.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

He was the velvet for Erik’s iron glove.
    Hickman's cut. Nothing is said about a threat.
    Screenshot (14).jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Hickman's cut. Nothing is said about a threat.
    Screenshot (14).jpg
    Yeah people are really running with the whole "HE THREATENED THE FF!!!" It seems, when at most all he really said that when Franklin is ready he's got a free pass to Krakoa.

Astonishing Member

Charles could be Absolon Mercator, Mr M, one of the 15 omega level mutants that is missing.
    A bald man, I may be seeing things but I think the hand gestures of Charles kinda look like Mr M's.

He only appeared in 3 books over a decade ago. District X, Mutopia (the district X House of M tie in), and XMen the 198 after House of M.
    Something unusual about him, is he got his first mention in a decade a few months after this book. In Rosenberg's Astonishing XMen when the bad guys capture Miss Sinister, someone says, be careful, we don't want another Mister M incident.

Mutopia had a plot about a huge mutant tree that gave fruit

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yeah people are really running with the whole "HE THREATENED THE FF!!!" It seems, when at most all he really said that when Franklin is ready he's got a free pass to Krakoa.
    Honestly there's enough lore to suggest that an older Franklin may potentially join up with the mutants rather than stay the FF. Scott is just reminding Reed and Sue of that; not saying they're gonna send Rachel to snatch him up or something.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Charles could be Absolon Mercator, Mr M, one of the 15 omega level mutants that is missing.
    A bald man, I may be seeing things but I think the hand gestures of Charles kinda look like Mr M's.

He only appeared in 3 books over a decade ago. District X, Mutopia (the district X House of M tie in), and XMen the 198 after House of M.
    Something unusual about him, is he got his first mention in a decade a few months after this book. In Rosenberg's Astonishing XMen when the bad guys capture Miss Sinister, someone says, be careful, we don't want another Mister M incident.

Mutopia had a plot about a huge mutant tree that gave fruit
    I noticed that too, seems maybe too random to have brought him up again without doing something about it.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    If you think you have to put subtext into a script you are mistaken. And there is subtext in the script. ‘A slight smile’. The facial, expressions in the scene are precisely why some of us read this as a threat. It’s not supposed to be obvious it’s one of those things you are supposed to notice after further reveals. The next piece of subtext is the Omega list, there will be more. Let’s wait and see.

Why are you so concerned by some of us reading it as a threat?

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Honestly there's enough lore to suggest that an older Franklin may potentially join up with the mutants rather than stay the FF. Scott is just reminding Reed and Sue of that; not saying they're gonna send Rachel to snatch him up or something.

No, clearly not. It’s not that kind of threat. It’s the kind of threat where you say “I hear you were recently married” it’s a gentle reminder of what is at stake and what is important. Put the whole scene together and it’s saying to the F4 consider where your allegiances lie. Threat as leverage.

No, clearly not. It’s not that kind of threat. It’s the kind of threat where you say “I hear you were recently married” it’s a gentle reminder of what is at stake and what is important. Put the whole scene together and it’s saying to the F4 consider where your allegiances lie. Threat as leverage.

Precisely!!!! The "threat" was obvious.