Page 185 of 434 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Precisely!!!! The "threat" was obvious.
    I saw it as more of a dig at them and an unpleasant reminder that their son won’t be able to be hidden away in the Baxter Building as het gets older and more integral to mutant society. When you infer that someone has a family waiting for them TO their actual family who they are with currently... I mean ya can’t get more of a personal dig than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    I saw it as more of a dig at them and an unpleasant reminder that their son won’t be able to be hidden away in the Baxter Building as het gets older and more integral to mutant society. When you infer that someone has a family waiting for them TO their actual family who they are with currently... I mean ya can’t get more of a personal dig than that.
    It can be a threat and a dig.

Scott knows the history. The FF arent letting Xavier anywhere near their kid and they definitely dont consider the X-men, his family.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    If you think you have to put subtext into a script you are mistaken. And there is subtext in the script. ‘A slight smile’. The facial, expressions in the scene are precisely why some of us read this as a threat. It’s not supposed to be obvious it’s one of those things you are supposed to notice after further reveals. The next piece of subtext is the Omega list, there will be more. Let’s wait and see.

Why are you so concerned by some of us reading it as a threat?
    Trust me I'm good. Ya'll are just reaching, which is fine the issue was amazing and the dialogue on point but in this case I think people are reading more into this interaction then there is. Not to mention subtly threatening people like the FF serves no purpose other than poking the bear and making sure their guard is up which is counter productive if their goal is to eventually recruit Franklin.

The threat was so clear.
    And it's one of the main signs Hickman will put the X-men in the center of the Marvel Universe.
    Cause in the long term human heroes like FF, Avengers and even villains like Doom won't accept the mutants acts.
    It's a seed to a next Marvel event.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Charles could be Absolon Mercator, Mr M, one of the 15 omega level mutants that is missing.
    A bald man, I may be seeing things but I think the hand gestures of Charles kinda look like Mr M's.

He only appeared in 3 books over a decade ago. District X, Mutopia (the district X House of M tie in), and XMen the 198 after House of M.
    Something unusual about him, is he got his first mention in a decade a few months after this book. In Rosenberg's Astonishing XMen when the bad guys capture Miss Sinister, someone says, be careful, we don't want another Mister M incident.

Mutopia had a plot about a huge mutant tree that gave fruit
    I think it is charles unless sells don't go well which is why hickman says he has alternative storylines for. The reason i believe is because who he brought in so early. At month 5 we see Colossus is already o Krakoa so obviously he has seen it and he knows charles. At month 4 he has pulled in Ororo, it could have been earlier but here we see she is taking the Krokoa plant to New York something Storm would not do if she didn't believe in what charles was doing and in month 3 we see Nightcrawler. Three of the mutants with the most compassion and who aren't afraid to call charles out were some of the first with access and starting the plan. Of course that's just going from the timeframe in the book. I think that is why they were used to move the plants rather than Jean and Scott imo. To show that the three students that would actually be like "wait a minute" were on board. Then Hisako at 2 months and we know Hisako would speak her mind and lastly Beast. Someone who trusts the professor but would proably want to run all kinds of tests etc to make sure. And 3 weeks was the biggest skeptic of them all kitty who just loves calling people out.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-25-2019 at 09:35 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    The threat was so clear.
    And it's one of the main signs Hickman will put the X-men in the center of the Marvel Universe.
    Cause in the long term human heroes like FF, Avengers and even villains like Doom won't accept the mutants acts.
    It's a seed to a next Marvel event.
    But if the goal is to put the X-Men back into prominence again, like so much of the solit text and advertisements have suggested, I doubt Marvel's going to be doing it in a way that paints the X-Men as antagonists to that degree. They're not going to want another AvX/IvX. At worst, I think Krakoa is going to have a position similar to Atlantis, one of wary neutrality, with occasional alliances and clashes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    But if the goal is to put the X-Men back into prominence again, like so much of the solit text and advertisements have suggested, I doubt Marvel's going to be doing it in a way that paints the X-Men as antagonists to that degree. They're not going to want another AvX/IvX. At worst, I think Krakoa is going to have a position similar to Atlantis, one of wary neutrality, with occasional alliances and clashes.
    Well I imagine that whatever the X-Men are planning it's eventually going to put them against the humans and by extension the heroes there's too much distrust there unfortunately. Plus Hickman made of the best hero vs hero books with Time Runs Out mostly because the heroes had actually legitimate reason for opposing each other so I think we'll see that come into play here.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think it is charles unless sells don't go well which is why hickman says he has alternative storylines for. The reason i believe is because who he brought in so early. At month 5 we see Colossus is already o Krakoa so obviously he has seen it and he knows charles. At month 4 he has pulled in Ororo, it could have been earlier but here we see she is taking the Krokoa plant to New York something Storm would not do if she didn't believe in what charles was doing and in month 3 we see Nightcrawler. Three of the mutants with the most compassion and who aren't afraid to call charles out were some of the first with access and starting the plan. Of course that's just going from the timeframe in the book. I think that is why they were used to move the plants rather than Jean and Scott imo. To show that the three students that would actually be like "wait a minute" were on board. Then Hisako at 2 months and we know Hisako would speak her mind and lastly Beast. Someone who trusts the professor but would proably want to run all kinds of tests etc to make sure. And 3 weeks was the biggest skeptic of them all kitty who just loves calling people out.
    the most likely thing is it's Charles. IMO because of Moira being involved in this. But still there could be a huge twist like Charles not being Charles. And the "xmen" being clones, pod people, while the real xmen are Krakoa energy food. Perhaps krakoa wants the energy of Omega Level mutants.
    I think we will be surprised at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Was very cult-like. Or Scientology- fair gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    the most likely thing is it's Charles. IMO because of Moira being involved in this. But still there could be a huge twist like Charles not being Charles. And the "xmen" being clones, pod people, while the real xmen are Krakoa energy food. Perhaps krakoa wants the energy of Omega Level mutants.
    I think we will be surprised at some point.
    That would be god awful. All of it.

I just want this to be it. No plot-twists or anything.

Very interesting that there is a House of X and House of M on the Island.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post

Same. I don't want any mind control involved here. Really hoping this is Xavier acting as himself and all the X-Men are following him of their own will

The 3 headed robot from the PoX is likely related to one of the previous X-Mem baddies. Sounds like Cassandra

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post

Yeah, making them not the real deal would feel cowardly. I don't know why some people seem to want them to be fake or want the X-Men mind controlled. It would make it all so weak and would feel just like an easy way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Very interesting that there is a House of X and House of M on the Island.
    lol, maybe Lorna lives in the House of M zone with her Dad!