Page 186 of 434 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236286 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    lol, maybe Lorna lives in the House of M zone with her Dad!
    If she doesn't I'll be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Yeah, making them not the real deal would feel cowardly. I don't know why some people seem to want them to be fake or want the X-Men mind controlled. It would make it all so weak and would feel just like an easy way out.
    And that's not Hickman's style with stuff this big. Way too elementary.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, making them not the real deal would feel cowardly. I don't know why some people seem to want them to be fake or want the X-Men mind controlled. It would make it all so weak and would feel just like an easy way out.
    CREEPY XAVIER and pod people.

Soulsword323 wondered about this possibility in the Polaris thread, and noted it would be a missed opportunity if she wasn't there, especially considering Wanda and Pietro likely won't be used.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

That's the most likely scenario. No reason for her not to be there, unless Erik found a cooler green haired girl and adopted her.

if briar's not in magneto town we riot
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    But if the goal is to put the X-Men back into prominence again, like so much of the solit text and advertisements have suggested, I doubt Marvel's going to be doing it in a way that paints the X-Men as antagonists to that degree. They're not going to want another AvX/IvX. At worst, I think Krakoa is going to have a position similar to Atlantis, one of wary neutrality, with occasional alliances and clashes.
    Hang on, did you read this issue? If I was a human in that world I would be terrified. This is far bigger than AvX and IvX. This is Cold War level serious. This is aim super weapons at Krakoa for good reason serious.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Hang on, did you read this issue? If I was a human in that world I would be terrified. This is far bigger than AvX and IvX. This is Cold War level serious. This is aim super weapons at Krakoa for good reason serious.
    Yes, I read the issue. And if you were a human in the MU and not pants-shittingly terrified on a daily basis, I would worry for your sanity. Damn near every superhero event should be the kind of thing that mentally wrecks the population and causes massive global consequences. But it doesn't because the narrative needs to roll to on the next event. Hickman has the reins, but the repercussions here are going to be as big a deal or not as Marvel needs it to be.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 07-25-2019 at 04:04 PM.

Astonishing Member

I mean I think that says more about the humans reactionary response then it does about the the mutants wanting a homeland. At the mere mention of Xavier's plan a weapon system made from the remains of a machine designed to destroy PLANETS activated to combat the MUTANT THREAT. Xavier is playing chess with the rest of the world and right now it seems he's 3 steps ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean I think that says more about the humans reactionary response then it does about the the mutants wanting a homeland. At the mere mention of Xavier's plan a weapon system made from the remains of a machine designed to destroy PLANETS activated to combat the MUTANT THREAT. Xavier is playing chess with the rest of the world and right now it seems he's 3 steps ahead.
    Except it feels like the mutants are being so serious because they are scared of something. It’s like a Hail Mary move. Turn ourselves into a nation and appear like a superpower or loose everything. The stakes have to be high because I don’t think there is any mind control going on. I suspect everyone has pulled together out of sheer necessity. Nobody says, ‘hey let’s create a nation based on Invasion of the Bodysnatchers it will be wonderful.’
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 07-25-2019 at 04:15 PM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yes, I read the issue. And if you were a human in the MU and not pants-shittingly terrified on a daily basis, I would worry for your sanity. Damn near every superhero event should be the kind of thing that mentally wrecks the population and causes massive global consequences. But it doesn't because the narrative needs to roll to on the next event. Hickman has the reins, but the repercussions here are going to be as big a deal or not as Marvel needs it to be.
    That isn’t really addressing my point though. The stakes are much higher than any ‘event’ we have had for a long while. Possibly ever if things escalate from here.

Astonishing Member

Except it feels like the mutants are being so serious because they are scared of something. It’s like a Hail Mary move. Turn ourselves into a nation and appear like a superpower or loose everything. The stakes have to be high because I don’t think there is any mind control going on. I suspect everyone has pulled together out of sheer necessity. Nobody says, ‘hey let’s create a nation based on Invasion of the Bodysnatchers it will be wonderful.’
    To be fair they did just come back from the brink of extinction like 3 times in the past two years? At least I think so according to Orchis's observation began 2 years ago and the spike in the Xgene happened a year prior which I'm assuming is when the xgene was restarted.

As much as the Dissassembled era sucked, I kind wish we had got to see some rebuilding. I dont like how UXM 22 capped it off and we really should have gotten an epilogue issue to lead into HoX

That's the most likely scenario. No reason for her not to be there, unless Erik found a cooler green haired girl and adopted her.
    He found another green haired girl, but then he ated her.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Dustin Weaver's variants for issues #2 and #3 of Powers of X:

Astonishing Member

aren't those the ani-men?