Page 188 of 322 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 4817
  1. #2806
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,926

    Default

    I... honestly don't think they have to "bluff" their way into being a superpower. If they wanted, with Jean, Erik, Quentin, Exodus, Storm, etc on their own they could probably bully themselves onto the world stage by force if necessary. The only one that'd be capable and maybe even willing to stop them would be Franklin Richards, who is having power outages right now.

    "I'll always love you, Jean Grey." "I'll always love you too, Scott Summers." - Scott Summers and Jean Grey

  2. #2807
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,186

    Default

    Stark nanites and Leech on a leash.

  3. #2808
    Extraordinary Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    9,380

    Default

    It shouldn’t take mind control for mutants to want to be in a safeguarded society. After everything that they’ve been through and just because things are relatively okay now, they shouldn’t be reactionary enough to just stay static until they’re inevitably attacked again.

    Last edited by Tycon; 07-25-2019 at 07:16 PM.

  4. #2809
    Chris-chan of X-fans Maestroneto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I have a theory about “Powers Of X.” Hickman said it’s the history of mutants & it and “House Of X” will crash together. I think issue #1 will be set 50 years in the future, issue #2, 40 years, issue #3, 30 years, issue #4, 20 years, issue #5 10 years in the future and issue #6 will be set in the present-crashing into “House Of X” issue #6.
    Powers of X will be 10 year jumps in the history of mutants, just told backwards.
    It’a also the past of mutantkind.

  5. #2810
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    7,216

    Default

    What if... an entire separate planet was made for mutants to live in, on the other side of the sun? Hypothetically, one could call it "Counter-Earth."
    I spend three hours a night alone playing dance games.

  6. #2811
    Sad & Brazilian PrezValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post


    Bengal Costume variant
    Bengal is a gift from the gods. I wish he drew more Marvel stuff, but I'm happy with his work on Death or Glory.
    Hunting's no fun when your prey doesn't move.

  7. #2812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    What if... an entire separate planet was made for mutants to live in, on the other side of the sun? Hypothetically, one could call it "Counter-Earth."
    Or New Krypton, to make it easier to remember.
    I can also be reached on Twitter and WordPress.

    Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad, now complete!

  8. #2813
    Astonishing Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Bengal is a gift from the gods. I wish he drew more Marvel stuff, but I'm happy with his work on Death or Glory.
    Beautiful. I love how their are 5 Emma's on white and their are 5 cukoos. Also current emma wears black in the back like mindee. Subtle mother/daughter similarities.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  9. #2814
    Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    190

    Default

    My theory: The more I look at that first issue, it seems Hickman is going with Xavier as the bad guy. Creating pod X-Men and using tech from Weapon Plus. X was a dbag in that Astonishing X-Men annual and I see it carrying on through this storyline. Notice no mention of Xavier after the series ends. X is probably looking to create more Omega mutants and one reason he could be after Franklin Richards.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

  10. #2815
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    303

    Default

    I want to believe that Xavier is only doing what he believes needs to be done. He certainly isn’t above using all the weapons at his disposal. Of all the responsibilities he could’ve given Magneto, he trusted him to do what he does best, terrify the flats cans. Lol

  11. #2816
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I want to believe that Xavier is only doing what he believes needs to be done. He certainly isn’t above using all the weapons at his disposal. Of all the responsibilities he could’ve given Magneto, he trusted him to do what he does best, terrify the flats cans. Lol
    I’m wondering why though. If you aim to pacify them with gifts you sure as hell shouldn’t make Magneto your ambassador. Literally all he did was harden human hard-liners against them, unless that was the point. Perhaps Xavier wants to force all mutants to join up or die, and he’s going to stoke outside human resentment for that purpose.

  12. #2817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    That isn’t really addressing my point though. The stakes are much higher than any ‘event’ we have had for a long while. Possibly ever if things escalate from here.
    And you don't seem to be getting mine. This is setting up what Hickman means to be the new status quo for the X-Books at least the next few years (unless the X-Books massively underperform), which means that somewhere between the end of HoX/PoX and the next big relaunch, things are going to settle into some kind of normalcy regardless of how high the stakes seem to be at present. The solits and cover art for Wave 1 suggest that the concept or Krakoa as mutant sovereign state will be staying around in some form after HoX and PoX run their course, and that's not going to happen in a bubble. Hence the Atlantis comparison, because I don't believe that Marvel's plans for the X-Men is to position them as outright antagonists to the rest of the MU for a sustained period when they didn't do anything that drastic at a time when the property was considered of lesser value.

    Eventually the other shoe is probably going to drop in a big way. But, again, unless the X-Office has to take drastic measures, that's years down the line.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 07-25-2019 at 08:47 PM.

    This Week's Comics:House of X #5, GI Joe #1, James Bond 007 #11, Beasts of Burden HC vol 2

  13. #2818
    Mighty Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    And you don't seem to be getting mine. This is setting up what Hickman means to be the new status quo for the X-Books at least the next few years (unless the X-Books massively underperform), which means that somewhere between the end of HoX/PoX and the next big relaunch, things are going to settle into some kind of normalcy regardless of how high the stakes seem to be at present. The solits and cover art for Wave 1 suggest that the concept or Krakoa as mutant sovereign state will be staying around in some form after HoX and PoX run their course, and that's not going to happen in a bubble. Hence the Atlantis comparison, because I don't believe that Marvel's plans for the X-Men is to position them as outright antagonists to the rest of the MU for a sustained period when they didn't do anything that drastic at a time when the property was considered of lesser value.

    Eventually the other shoe is probably going to drop in a big way. But, again, unless the X-Office has to take drastic measures, that's years down the line.
    I think it's telling for the future that there are transport platforms on the moon and mars. I wonder if in PoX we find out that the Earth island for Krakoa and the Nexus were overrun by the Sentinels but there may be mutants settled on the Moon and Mars. The Road to Krakoa is gone, so the hubs aren't connected because the humans were able to take the Nexus, but they still can't go through the portals to other bases. So mutants on Earth are almost gone, but perhaps there are mutants who survived elsewhere. With Krakoa seeds planted on the Moon and Mars, it's possible Krakoa was able to transfer it's conscience to both locations where the Earth island was overrun or destroyed.

  14. #2819
    Extraordinary Member JKtheMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bedford UK
    Posts
    9,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    And you don't seem to be getting mine. This is setting up what Hickman means to be the new status quo for the X-Books at least the next few years (unless the X-Books massively underperform), which means that somewhere between the end of HoX/PoX and the next big relaunch, things are going to settle into some kind of normalcy regardless of how high the stakes seem to be at present. The solits and cover art for Wave 1 suggest that the concept or Krakoa as mutant sovereign state will be staying around in some form after HoX and PoX run their course, and that's not going to happen in a bubble. Hence the Atlantis comparison, because I don't believe that Marvel's plans for the X-Men is to position them as outright antagonists to the rest of the MU for a sustained period when they didn't do anything that drastic at a time when the property was considered of lesser value.

    Eventually the other shoe is probably going to drop in a big way. But, again, unless the X-Office has to take drastic measures, that's years down the line.
    There is a new approach to status quo now. Has been for much of this decade but X-Books have not really been part of it. When Hickman talks about putting the toys back on the shelf he very specifically talks about status quo as being changed. Put in a better place than before. So to answer that point yes and no. Things will not actually be the same. We are not in the “illusion of change” era anymore. Things are subtly different. Plus we are probably talking about a long way down the line. Possibly more than five years. Our world will have changed and the comics will change to reflect that.

    I am not even sure we are arguing, just making different points.

    My objection is your point “I doubt Marvel's going to be doing it in a way that paints the X-Men as antagonists to that degree.” they absolutely are doing that. Right now. And for a good while in my estimation. But it will still be open to interpretation as to who is good and bad.

    I think this is setting up a reason why they are hated and feared with a real reason. Why we as humans would literally hate them and fear them. Passionately. They may even provoke people to hate the X-Books and mutants and not want them in the MU. That’s exciting.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 07-26-2019 at 01:50 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

  15. #2820
    Incredible Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m wondering why though. If you aim to pacify them with gifts you sure as hell shouldn’t make Magneto your ambassador. Literally all he did was harden human hard-liners against them, unless that was the point. Perhaps Xavier wants to force all mutants to join up or die, and he’s going to stoke outside human resentment for that purpose.
    He´s using the the "carrot or stick" principle imo, reward (drugs) stick (magneto and all the combined power of the mutants of Krakoa) under normal circunstances I could see how this may seem OC for Xavier but we have to remember that this is happening barely a year after the X-men were supposed to be dead and most nations decided to kill or use mutants as experiments, also after Utopia fell and Genosha was destroyed by sentinel technology. Under those circunstances, it makes sense for the characters or in this case Charles, to take a harder position because they are no longer defending their pov on the political arena like he and the x-men used to, they are defending their right to exist as a nation and as people.

    The other side of the coin is that there´s definitely something disturbing happening in Krakoa and with Xavier himself, sure they are developing a sanctuary but at the cost of not longer calling themselves human, this must have some repercutions on them, so their conflict with outside nations may as well be the least of the problems for the X-men and Moira as one of the main supporters of mutants among humans and mother of omega level Proteus has a main part to play because what will be Moira pov be in all this?
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-26-2019 at 02:36 AM.
    "The time for subtlety is passing. Now is the time for change." [New Mutants (Vol. 1) #38]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •