Page 189 of 434 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239289 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 6499
    Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    they are developing a sanctuary but at the cost of not longer calling themselves human, this must have some repercutions on them, so their conflict with outside nations may as well be the least of the problems for the X-men
    And this all makes for a deeper story for the X-men, who they are, what they stand for and what they don't. I'm reminded of an ep from XAS where the scientist is arguing with Master Mold about it's protecting humans from mutants, and MM says "mutants are human, therefore, you must be protected from yourselves."

Don't know if Hickman is going for a deeper look at what is humankinhd vs mutantkind but what he seems to be setting up is a gray landscape.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

To me, I think Xavier is tired of having the School blown up every 6 months. If you were smart and desperate, what would you do to save your mutants? What would you do to save your family?
    Also, Hickman always references his older ideas. Krakoa is probably the result of Avengers World.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post
    And this all makes for a deeper story for the X-men, who they are, what they stand for and what they don't. I'm reminded of an ep from XAS where the scientist is arguing with Master Mold about it's protecting humans from mutants, and MM says "mutants are human, therefore, you must be protected from yourselves."

Don't know if Hickman is going for a deeper look at what is humankinhd vs mutantkind but what he seems to be setting up is a gray landscape.
    Agreed, I think heīs indeed going for a deeper look because in this case the real problem for humankind isnīt the nation of Krakoa, itīs the fact that their children are being born mutant hence why they have only 20 years left with humankind being a majority in the world, itīs an existential threat for them, just like some years ago there were no mutants being born anymore. Itīs political but also existential for humans and mutants.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m wondering why though. If you aim to pacify them with gifts you sure as hell shouldn’t make Magneto your ambassador. Literally all he did was harden human hard-liners against them, unless that was the point. Perhaps Xavier wants to force all mutants to join up or die, and he’s going to stoke outside human resentment for that purpose.
    I read the Magneto pages as...Xavier is willing to play nice by offering the gifts to humanity in return for Mutants being left alone but he fully understands (and rightly so, as Magneto and the Cuckoos found out) that there are those who will take advantage of, subvert, outright lie and cheat for their own personal gain in this new circumstance and Magneto is most likely the one they all know and fear and he trusts him to do just that, "strike the fear of God" into them so that the humans and their respective governments don't make the mistake of taking them for granted.
    A little simplistic as far as 'theories' go...but...
    And...yes, there will certainly be repercussions, obviously but...I don't think it needs to be more involved than that. At least not for me.

?
    I wonder why Xavier is not on the Omega list?

Quote Originally Posted by marseve View Post
    ?
    I've thought on this too and my thought is that Xavier's power does have limits, which is why he has to use Cerebro so much.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

?
    Apparently, despite Emma once saying that he was Omega level he has mostly been classified as Alpha in the history of the books and so doesn't make the list. But then neither does Emma so clearly she had a different perspective.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I read the Magneto pages as...Xavier is willing to play nice by offering the gifts to humanity in return for Mutants being left alone but he fully understands (and rightly so, as Magneto and the Cuckoos found out) that there are those who will take advantage of, subvert, outright lie and cheat for their own personal gain in this new circumstance and Magneto is most likely the one they all know and fear and he trusts him to do just that, "strike the fear of God" into them so that the humans and their respective governments don't make the mistake of taking them for granted.
    A little simplistic as far as 'theories' go...but...
    And...yes, there will certainly be repercussions, obviously but...I don't think it needs to be more involved than that. At least not for me.
    I partly read them as Xavier can't leave Krakoa, and or has become part of Krakoa and as such is too valuable an asset to leave. We will see.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Last edited by marseve; 07-26-2019 at 11:22 AM.

To me, I think Xavier is tired of having the School blown up every 6 months. If you were smart and desperate, what would you do to save your mutants? What would you do to save your family?
    Also, Hickman always references his older ideas. Krakoa is probably the result of Avengers World.
    Also we think of school as a safe place for children so what if children are brought to Krakoa to grow up safely and learn and then they as adults are sent into the "human world" theres nothing saying or showing Xavier doesn't want any contact between mutant and humans. everyone deserves a safe place.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Heīs using the the "carrot or stick" principle imo, reward (drugs) stick (magneto and all the combined power of the mutants of Krakoa) under normal circunstances I could see how this may seem OC for Xavier but we have to remember that this is happening barely a year after the X-men were supposed to be dead and most nations decided to kill or use mutants as experiments, also after Utopia fell and Genosha was destroyed by sentinel technology. Under those circunstances, it makes sense for the characters or in this case Charles, to take a harder position because they are no longer defending their pov on the political arena like he and the x-men used to, they are defending their right to exist as a nation and as people.

The other side of the coin is that thereīs definitely something disturbing happening in Krakoa and with Xavier himself, sure they are developing a sanctuary but at the cost of not longer calling themselves human, this must have some repercutions on them, so their conflict with outside nations may as well be the least of the problems for the X-men and Moira as one of the main supporters of mutants among humans and mother of omega level Proteus has a main part to play because what will be Moira pov be in all this?
    There's also the question of what exactly happened to Xavier when he was reborn in Fantomex's body during Soule's AXM run.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Also we think of school as a safe place for children so what if children are brought to Krakoa to grow up safely and learn and then they as adults are sent into the "human world" theres nothing saying or showing Xavier doesn't want any contact between mutant and humans. everyone deserves a safe place.
    Exactly people talking about this being too isolationist for the X-Men are kinda missing the point almost all countries in the world are isolationist to a certain degree Krakoa is trying to be the next Wakanda Xavier has shown that he very much wants to keep the lines of communication open with humans and their governments that's one of the reasons the habitats exist.

But like someone side I'm sure he's tired of having every place where mutants gather getting blown up so this time he's taking a few more precautions.

Spectacular Member

My guess is that, the x-men can’t continue to be “reborn” and thus be immortal forever. So something down the line is going to happen that will take this option of the table, which probably also means taking Krakoa off the table and indirectly take away their current situation. The question is how is that going to happen? The humans win? Xavier/Krakoa turn out to be “evil” and get taken out by the x-men? Another bigger threat comes to earth and the mutants sacrifice krakoa ? There will be some kind of secret wars soft boot at the end of this ? It’s going to be interesting which ever way ! And I have a feeling whatever happens, will happen before the x-men get introduced in the MCU.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    There's also the question of what exactly happened to Xavier when he was reborn in Fantomex's body during Soule's AXM run.
    Yes indeed, we still donīt know for sure if "X" is the real Xavier or Fantomex with Charles powers and memory also the fact that one of his dearest students, one he personaly looked as a Son, killed him after a period of conflict and mutual coolness between them must have had an impact on him, he seems way more direct and to the point when talking to the X-men, less nurturing and fatherly,more liberal while using his powers and no longer wants to direct his school as he believes kitty is doing a good job but still wants to keep helping the mutant cause and his dream of coexistence, now I wonder if Hickman will tackle what happened between this new charles and the one we saw on HoX.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-26-2019 at 12:22 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Bengal Costume variant
    I know people are have really deep conversations about this great comics but the cover right here proves to me the Emma's Gen X dominatrix business woman outfit was her best, followed by John Cassaday's and then her original. Hated the Morrison stripper outfit. Ethan Van Sciver's pants/coat variant wasn't half bad though.